I have waited 7 months for this day to finally come!

G1386
on 10/15/16 12:21 pm

I have waited 7 months for this day to finally come! Now I find my self doubting if this will make me happy or if I will be happy with the outcome? I also wonder will I be a man of my word put the effort in to this? I should be extremely happy that I am only 4 days away but I am becoming more doubtful. I have done so much research and have seen so many videos of others and their journey. I thought by now I would be confident and ready for this change.

I wonder if this is a normal feeling? If anyone can relate please share I would love to hear how you dealt with these feelings.

AK_Gipson
on 10/15/16 1:47 pm
VSG on 04/14/14

You sound like me! I was freaking out before my surgery. Kept telling myself I could walk out anytime before they put me to sleep... It is just fear. Fear of change, fear nothing will change, fear that you will fail, yet again. 

But you won't. Stay on track. Stay plugged in. Honestly making your stomach smaller is the easy part... follow the rules, and you will lose in spite of your fears... Then you will have to work on working your new tool. 

You got this

HW:292 / SW:258 / CW 173.9

Coppergirl
on 10/15/16 1:49 pm

I was sleeved on 9/6/16. I felt the same way for the last two or three days before surgery. I was so afraid I would put myself and my family through the surgery and then not do what I needed to do.

My way of coping was to go back to basics I wrote down all of my original reasons for waiting the surgery. I answered whether my research and classes confirmed that the surgery would help with those things. I noted which of my goals were internal changes and which this new tool would help with. In the end, I found that the sleeve gave me a better chance of meeting most all of my goals.

I think it is quite natural to have some doubts at this point and even some regrets after. But, it is all part of the process. Trust the process and trust yourself! Best wishes for a great outcome!

Started this journey 6/6/16 - 246.8lbs. SW 214 - 9/6/16 VSG. CW - 158. (9/15/17) Post VSG M1- 20, M2- 8.4 M3- 6.6 M4- 8 M5- 3.6 M6-5.8 M7- 1.5 M8- 1.5 GOAL - 142.

Never waste a second chance!!

jujuh
on 10/15/16 1:50 pm - Northern Cincinnati Suburb, OH
VSG on 06/03/16

My husband and I had our surgeries on the same day. The week before our date he kept saying he was going to call and cancel. He was still saying it the night before. Fast forward to 4 months later, he would tell you it's the best thing in his life that he could have done. We all second guess ourselves. If you follow your program, you will look back at this and wonder what you were worried about. My husband is down 85 lbs and only has 35 to go. Good luck and stay positive.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 74 views