Back on track after 4 years and it feels GOOD

HippieDreads
on 11/22/16 5:57 am

I had regained all but 9 lbs of the original weight I had lost from my VSG in 2013. When the weight loss stalled I got frustrated and started eating junk again. Now I'm back on track and I've lost 8lbs in six days. I'm so excited. I never really lost my restriction because I never drank with meals and never went back to drinking carbonated drinks. The sleeve still works!! The 8lbs is proof. I'm so excited I just wanted to share. I eat around 1200 calories a day 30 grams of carbs and 75+ grams of protein. Feels good, looks good, no cravings. AND I"M ROCKING IT.

rissa1224
on 11/22/16 6:23 am, edited 11/21/16 10:23 pm - NJ
VSG on 12/05/12

Congrats!!! I had VSG Dec 2012, regained 42lbs. I did lose over 100 lbs but, still. I can down more than that like I was in the beginning. Your success is also a helpful encouragement to me. I got up to 222 (after being 180), and last Friday I was 216.6. It does work. But we have to keep up with it. Rock that sleeve!

Also, care to share your daily eating? I'm always looking for ideas!

HippieDreads
on 11/22/16 6:35 am

I bought a little cook book maybe 20 pages long on amazon. If you have amazon prime I think it's free it's called inexpensive low carb recipes. They have some awesome sounding stuff in there. We are trying the cauliflower crust pizza today :D SOunds yummy. I eat low carb. I tend to eat a lot of cheese and broccoli with hummus. It doesn't take much hummus if you are dipping veggies and it's so good. After Thanksgiving I'm going to be drinking two shakes a day and one meal a day that is a cup size. Half cup protein half cup low carb veggies. Broccoli really is a good turn to veggie. I do searches for cheap low carb meals on google and always come up with good stuff.  You are right around my weight. I'm 214.8 as of this morning. Do you want to add me as a friend and we can do this together? I don' tknow how to add ppl I'm still new here Lol.

Kathy S.
on 11/22/16 9:39 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Rachel B.
on 11/22/16 9:52 am - Tucson, AZ
VSG on 08/11/08 with

Hey gurlfriend!  You know I'm right with ya!  I gotta check out that cookbook...  who am I kidding, I don't cook!  I'm totally off carbs.  Well, not totally.  I am eating limited veggies (asparagus, steamfresh selects, non-starchies), protein bars on occasion, and some in yogurt and cheese.  Lucky for me, I live alone and eat for one.  My fridge is funny: one shelf of protein bars, one of yogurt, one of water, some cheese, milk on the door...  I'm trying to get greater than 70g protein per day and less than 1K cal.  Restarted on 15OCT16 @ 235, down to 218.3 this am (lowest since January when I was on a 'Medically Managed' (shots and pills) 600 calorie a day diet).  WOOHOO!

"...This one a long time have I watched. All his life has he looked away, to the future, to the horizon. Never his mind on where he was. What he was doing..."

Rachel, PMHNP-BC

HW-271 SW-260 LW(2009)-144 ~ Retread: HW-241 CW-190 GW-150

HippieDreads
on 11/22/16 10:24 am

Nice Congratulations. I'm getting about 75+ grams of protein a day and 1200 or less calories. The past four days though I've averaged about 800 calories. Doesn't it feel good to start losing again? I missed my appointment with the doctor but I was going to start taking pills too for weight loss. THank goodness I don't have to do that as I'm on tons of meds as it is.

Sharon R.
on 11/23/16 4:34 am - Windsor, WI

Just curious - what kind of pill will you be taking?  I had my sleeve 3 years ago and lost 165 lbs - but, wanted to lose just a few more.  But, gave myself permission to relax a bit on it last year - and now I am up 39 lbs.  So, need to do something drastic to get back on track.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 159 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 431 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 454 views