Another pound down.

HippieDreads
on 12/1/16 2:38 am

12 pounds since I started back at eating right. I'm doing better with my eating now than I did after surgery. I'm so proud of myself for making the decision to try again and to give it my all and I'm proud that I'm sticking to it. I'm doing so well. No cheating, NO cravings, No nothing. I had a weak moment yesterday where I was craving sweetness after seeing tons of ads for desserts but I managed and got through it without a single calorie going into my mouth. I can't believe I'm doing it and it's working. YAY me. My first surgeon wasn't real clear about after care diet but I've got it down this time and I'm doing it right. It took me almost four years to get here but I'm ready to work my tool. I'm so thankful that my sleeve is still showing restriction and honestly it's quite good. I can take in about 1/2 - 3/4 cup of food in a sitting. NOw that I know what I should be doing it's so easy to keep the calories down in that amount of food. The weight loss is slowing down but I'm not complaining. it's still a pound every couple of days and this is NOT bad. I wish I would have gotten clearer instructions post op Thanks everyone for all of the advice.

H.A.L.A B.
on 12/1/16 5:00 am

Great job. Keep it going. 

But also expect that there may be a time when you weight loss would stall... Or you get tired of " the diet", or you get stressed, or just tired... 

Long term plans, recovering from a "cheat" meal or a "cheat day" is important. I know it was for me. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Rachel B.
on 12/1/16 5:53 am - Tucson, AZ
VSG on 08/11/08 with

I am so happy for you!!!  When my diet took a tank is when I stopped coming to these boards.  The support here is so very important.  It's kind of like our own little 'AA'.  We've all been heavy and struggled with it our whole lives.  We've all seen life threatening illnesses on the horizon, or even began to fight them.  We've all decided, "I'VE HAD ENOUGH!"  Honestly, losing the weight, and I'm really not making lite here, is the easy part.  We NEED each other for the maintenance.  We need each other for the support.  We need each other for accountability.  And we need each other to cheer us along.

I'm happy for you!  I'm happy for all of us!  And I'm so very glad that you are here!

"...This one a long time have I watched. All his life has he looked away, to the future, to the horizon. Never his mind on where he was. What he was doing..."

Rachel, PMHNP-BC

HW-271 SW-260 LW(2009)-144 ~ Retread: HW-241 CW-190 GW-150

HippieDreads
on 12/1/16 6:43 am

You are so right and I couldn't agree more. WE DO need each other. This place has been of such value not just for my weight loss but for my sanity and self-esteem! I'm so glad to be here. Thank you for putting it like our own AA cuz that really is what it's like. It's amazing. 

cappy11448
on 12/1/16 9:11 am

I'm so glad you found a strategy that is working for you.  Good job resisting the forbidden foods.  You are doing great.

Carol

Surgery May 1, 2013. Starting Weight 385,  Surgery Weight 333,  Current Weight 160.  At GOAL!

Weight loss Pre-op 1-20 2-17 3-15 Post-op 1-20 2-18 3-15 4-14 5-16 6-11 7-12  8-8

9-11 10-7 11-7 12-7 13-8 14-6 15-3 16-7 17-3  18-3

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 71 views