Calorie Progression

(deactivated member)
on 1/19/17 12:56 pm, edited 4/7/17 10:02 am

Delete

diane S.
on 1/19/17 1:39 pm

Sounds pretty normal. Don't force yourself to eat a certain amount if its uncomfortable. Keep doing soft foods if you need to. Make sure you get the fluid. My surgeon said 500 to 600 calories per day but you may have to work up to that. You are almost there. Pureed soups are good. GL Diane S

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 1/19/17 2:43 pm - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14 with

Normal is going to vary from person to person. Don't force yourself to eat more if you can't. Your stomach is still healing. If your packet doesn't mention calories it could be they want you to concentrate on what you're eating at this stage rather than concentrating on the calorie count. Give them a call for clarification.

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

KittyKarin
on 1/19/17 2:44 pm - FL
VSG on 01/09/13

Yup, that's sounds exactly like my experience.  I didn't work my way up to about 800 calories a day til almost 2 months after surgery or so. At that point, though, I really wasn't concerned with calories or even carbs yet.  I was just trying to get in my protein and liquid.  The first time I ate a saltine, I thought my internal organs had exploded. LOL Just take it super slow and eat very slowly and protein shakes are still gonna be your best friend for a while.  

Congrats on your surgery! Wish you all the best! 

KittyKarin :-) Starting weight: 362 / Surgery weight: 353 / Current weight: 190 (03/27/2017)

Sai F.
on 1/19/17 2:45 pm
VSG on 09/02/16

Very normal. My first month was low too, and then my second month it was about 600-800. Just make sure you are meeting your water intake (my program was 64 oz at the very least) and protein intake (minimum is 65g). Congrats on your surgery! Seems like you're doing well.

Banded June 2009- Allergan 10mL AP-S

Revised to Sleeve in September 2016

Grim_Traveller
on 1/19/17 4:34 pm
RNY on 08/21/12

It sounds like you are perfectly average.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

jachristmas
on 1/19/17 4:47 pm
VSG on 12/14/16

I am 5 weeks out and eating 500-600 calories a day (according to my fitness pal). My guide doesn't specify the amount of calories either because they want us to focus on protein and hydration. I was cleared last week to start slowly introducing "regular" food. I did well on soft food and actually am happy to still include a fair amount of soft food, particularly eggs, tuna, and cottage cheese. I still need protein shakes (usually my breakfast) to get my protein to the desired 60-80g. We are told 4 oz or between 1/4 and 1/2 c of protein...some things I can finish and some I can't. It's a learning process. If you had a hard time with soft foods I don't see how you can possibly be eating solid food..maybe you need to stick with the softer food for a little longer and add solid stuff in gradually. My Dr suggested trying one thing at a time and make sure it is moist. He said to start with things like pot roast or chicken thighs in the crock pot and slowly advance based on how you feel. Take small bites, chew very well, and wait between bites. As long as you are getting in good quality protein I wouldn't stress over the calories this early.

(deactivated member)
on 1/20/17 7:07 am
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 66 views