frustrated, but still doing ok

Beth C.
on 5/2/17 2:47 am
VSG on 01/19/17

Are you tracking your measurements? When my scale slows I take out my tape and measure. It reminds me I'm making progress and the scale is just one way to track that progress. Last week I gained a pound. It lost an inch on my low abs and a extra half of inch on my hips. Kept my brain in workout mode and me moving.

Its hard to see the scale stick hang in there for when it gets in gear!

Heaviest-325

Starting W-243

Surgery day-227

Anita
on 5/2/17 9:17 am

Thanks......yes - about the tape measure. My scale moved this morning - in the right way.....but even more exciting, after I left the gym last night I went over to the JC Penney store that is (unfortunately) closing....and I bought some clothes.....in a SMALLER size. So, even though my scale is being stubborn, my body is changing in a good way.

I love the support on this site......I've been a little lazy lately due to too many conflicts with "stuff" going on with work and friend's health problems, but when I can be here, it's definitely a safe and rewarding place to be and to give back and pay forward.

Good friends are like stars. 
You don't always see them but you always know they're there. 

happyteacher
on 5/2/17 3:21 am

What you are doing is working- your clothes are evidence of that. I am sure you already know it is common that if the scale is not cooperating, it is not unsual to lose inches. Just keep at it- it will work :) I know it is challenging to be working so hard and not see the scale budge. I suspect when it does move, it will be a nice little jump for you. Hang in there!!

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

Chris "Thick-to-Fit" T.
on 5/2/17 5:00 am - FL
VSG on 05/26/16

me me me! I've been doing the same 2 lb dance for a few months... From ~ NYE it was the 195 ballpark, then in March I got to 190, and since then I've been doing the shuffle around 185 lol

I was tracking (like most, not super tight) my food, and my calories were pretty good (

Blog: www.thickto.fit

YouTube: Click Here!

Instagram: ThickTo.Fit

Heaviest Weight: 345 | SW: 315 | CW: 175 | GW: ~180

Most Active