Medicaid coverage in Louisiana for Gastric Sleeve

PrettyVee83
on 12/21/17 10:56 pm - Baton Rouge, LA
VSG on 11/17/17

I had my surgery done at an Extension of Ochsner called Lakeview Medical in Covington. I had a beautiful experience. Every staff member from doctor's, nurses, and administration were really nice, attentive & they did any and everything to make sure I was comfortable. I have never been a fan of Ochsner Hospital in Baton Rouge which is literally right by my house because of their lack of professionalism but the one in New Orleans and Lakeview changed my perspective on Ochsner as a whole. I judge them accordingly. You'll have a good experience outside of BR.

willyoubetrue
on 12/28/17 1:23 pm - Zachary, LA

I'm just seeing your reply... I'm run out of leads and patience, each facility I was referred to is no longer taking patient's or Medicaid... This year has really broke me back down into my deep depression and I feel I'm going to lose it for the worst. My Dad died this year and then suddenly my uncle died unexpectedly and then to tear me further apart I lost my one year old ****uz-poo. I have been hurting all this year and then on top of that my left knee has started to give me so many problems I have a migraine almost everyday from trying to figure what and why is all this happing to me... I'm just ready to give up on everything because I don't know at this point what to do or who can help me!!!

Quette43
on 1/4/18 3:34 pm
VSG on 02/23/18

Can you give me the Covington address? I was hoping to find it on the site w/o bothering you but no luck so far.

KayJen91
on 1/21/18 10:36 pm - Maurice , La

How would I go about getting WLS covered by Medicaid?

Kathy S.
on 1/22/18 7:55 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Here is an update for surgeons that take Medicaid in the state of LA. This keeps changing daily but confirmation of this was confirmed as of 1/1/2018

Dr. Jeb Butler

They take all Medicaid but "Amerihealth Caritas

Hartner Medical Clinic

1040 North Pine Road

Olla, LA 71465

(318)495-3880

IMPORTANT INFO: PLEASE READ BELOW!*

YOUR PCP MUST FAX YOUR REFERRAL TO THE OFFICE FIRST AND THEY WILL CALL YOU TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT. (Fax is (318)495-3882.) It will take them 72 hours or a little more to return your phone calls so please try and be patient per Eve.

Spoke with Monika Bowman and she confirmed Dr. O'Connell takes the following medicaid insurance.

United Healthcare

LA Healthcare

Amerihealth Capis

Monika said to give her a call and she will help you start the process for having weight loss surgery with Dr. O'Connell.

Dr. Ruary O'Connell

Renewal Bariatric

2700 Napoleon Ave.
New Orleans, LA 70115

Contact Monika Bowman

1 (504) 259-7519

1 (504) 897-0700

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

ducre2000
on 1/29/18 2:18 am - Zachary , La

Thanks for the info will be calling first thing in the morning

Melinda56
on 1/22/18 10:22 am
VSG on 11/02/17

It depends on which Medicaid you have. Yes Dr. Christopher DuCoin at Tulane hospital takes amerihealth Caritas only for weight loss. But you can call Tulane Hospital.

Ochnser hospital does it also but not sure of what insurance they take.

Kathy S.
on 1/29/18 1:01 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

I just spoke to someone today and said they were no longer taking Medicaid so give them a call....

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

RebekahLynn
on 1/23/18 8:21 am

Iberia Comprehensive Community Health Center

806 Jefferson Terrace, New Iberia, LA

337-365-4945

This office offers the six visits needed for most Medicaid insurance providers. The surgeon is at a different office and they will tell you to call the office listed above for a referral. The surgeons name and number is as follow along with other surgeons in Louisiana accepting Medicaid insurance for the Bariatric surgery! Please look up the numbers and address online for yourself as the numbers may be incorrect.

Dr. M. Selim

4150 Nelson Rd

Lake Charles, La

337-502-8706 Dr. Dupine

New Orleans, La

504-842-3950

Dr. J. Periz

704 N. Acadian Rd

Thibodoux, La

985-446-2524

DescendTheStair
on 1/30/18 7:31 am - Portland, OR
VSG on 06/25/18

Just as an update to the previous posts, as I've been making a couple calls and inquiries, Dr Ducoin is no longer accepting Medicaid patients according to their office as of today, with no other options for self-pay or anything.

Dr. Perez IS accepting Medicaid patients, but there's a wait list as currently, their bariatric program is closed to new Medicaid patients. There are forms they want you to fill out on their website, and to turn them in asap to get a place on their waiting list. The person I spoke with was unable to give me a time-frame as to how long the list is or how long it may be before I hear anything back.

I've begun exploring financing options, as it's my hope to have surgery done around the summer. It isn't my preferred option, but at this point, I feel almost desperate since I can't seem to find anyone willing to work with me.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 80 views