Whatcha Eating Today VSGers? Wednesday 1/3/18

Erin T.
on 1/3/18 2:52 am
VSG on 01/17/17

Morning! I never thought I'd be so happy to wake up to a temp of 15F! It's a heat wave! But, it will be gone in a few days again and we'll be back to -45 windchills. I see that some folks in the south might get some of the 'S' word today!

QOTD: What food, after your VSG, scared you to eat? I don't mean what foods were you told not to eat, as part of your plan. But, was there a food that just seemed like it would hurt? For me, early out, that was beef. I waited 12 weeks to try it because I was afraid. It turned out it was fine. Now, being nearly 1 year out, I am still afraid of pizza and bagels. Luckily, there is nothing about my life that needs those things, but I have this strange vision of my stomach exploding if I eat them. I haven't eaten more than about 2 bites of bread at a sitting because of this weird fear!

11 months post-op/Maintenance/132.5lbs

M1: Coffee, PP, Miralax, HC

M2: Fage 2% w/ SF Pudding Mix

M3: Chicken Breast w/ Mayo

M4: "Spaghetti" (Squash & meat sauce)

M5: Yogurt w/ PB

E: 15-minute Yoga Challenge, no running today though.

VSG: 1/17/17

5'7" HW: 283 SW: 229 CW: 135-140 GW: 145

Pre-op: 53 M1: 22 M2: 12 M3: 12 M4: 8 M5: 10 M6: 11 M7: 5 M8: 6 M9-M13: 15-ish

LBL/BL w/ Fat Transfer 1/29/18

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 1/3/18 4:34 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Good morning! Isn't it funny how your perspective on what is "cold" changes? It is supposed to be 30 here today! Tomorrow we are supposed to get 8-12 inches of snow (yuck!), so our 3 year old generator might actually get some use. We are praying that we can still fly out Friday to Florida (fingers and toes crossed)!

QOTD: I was afraid of steak early on in my VSG so I didn't try it until 4 months at which point I had no problem. I've been lucky that nothing specifically causes problems. I have to watch for dry chicken not chewed enough and too much bread/white flour carbs. The former gets stuck and causes an hour or more of extreme discomfort (then the need to drink a lot and eat only small amounts of soft stuff for a day). The latter causes a lot of gas (sort of blowing up, Erin). I have had pizza, but only 2-3 times (when there is nothing else available) and only the toppings (which I like best anyway).

1 year, 9 months post-op

B: eggbeaters, cottage cheese and Canadian bacon

L: Tuna salad, pickles and cottage cheese

D: Shrimp

S: Halo Top ice cream

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Lalagigi
on 1/3/18 5:07 am
VSG on 10/23/17

I am 10 weeks out and have read that beef is the most difficult thing to digest. I will probably wait until 4-5 months before I attempt it. Fish is my friend and the easiest meat to digest.

B: 1 egg cup (egg, onion, pepper, spinach, cheese, ham)

Snack: 1/2 container Oikos triple zero

L: 1/2 large tilapia filet, blackened, with toasted almonds and 1 parmesan crisp

Snack: 1/2 PP protein shake

D: Remaining 1/2 tilapia filet?

E: Walking the pupper

yvonnef1964
on 1/3/18 7:04 am
VSG on 08/11/14

Morning everyone,

I'm back from my vacation. Had a good time except I got a cold. Where we were is closed down today because they're predicting snow.

I felt bad for my friend, her dil here had to have a c section earlier than planned. So she didn't get to see the birth of either grandchildren. He was healthy. Her granddaughter was born with her esophagus not attached. Put in a feeding tube and checked for leaks in her stomach so they started feeding her through the feeding tube last week. They found some of the esophagus was attached to the stomach. Now they're waiting on the surgeon to get back from vacation to see what the next step of what needs to be done. It looks more hopeful that she might not need multiple surgeries.

QOTD I was more afraid of the meat being to overcooked and dry for my stomach. First solid food was steak at 6 weeks and it was fine.

B Ham and cheese omelette and string cheese

L tuna, cottage cheese and honeycrisp Apple

D chicken sausage and some kind of vegetable

Have a good day

Ladyblu
on 1/3/18 7:05 am - Jacksonville, FL
VSG on 09/29/17

Good morning everyone! Happy Wednesday. Good news. Button's paw is not broke, just boo-boo'ed. The vet said he should be better soon. He is on an anti-inflammatory, tramadol and an antibiotic (since the skin was broken). I hope your Chiquita is better today too, Liz.

QOTD: I was/am afraid of white flour and sugar. I have avoided it like the plague. I've tolerated everything else very well. I'm afraid if I go back to breading, that I will not be able to break away again so breading is off the table. I was also leery of cabbage. I had a stir fry that had some in it a couple weeks ago and didn't have any issues, so I may try regular cabbage. I used to love roasted cabbage.

M1: Coffee, Caramel PP shake, miralax and a warm pureed protein powder/black eyed pea/ham soup. (Warm and YUM).

M2: Broccoli/Cauliflower cheese casserole with shrimp

M3: Another warm beef stock/protein powder soup

M4: Smoked Turkey

M5: Shrimp

S: We'll see how the day goes

E: Nothing formal.

Water/Vits: good (need to work on water again).

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

VSG with Dr. Wanchick - Sept 29 2017

Age 52 Height 5'2" HW 585 (2012) Initial Consult Weight 522 SW 460 (9/29/2017) CW 350 (4/5/2018) Next Goal 325 Starting BMI 95.5 Current BMI 64.0

Pre-Op: 62 M1: 36 M2: 20 M3: 15 M4: 19 M5: 10 M6: 10 M7: ?

Kristi T.
on 1/3/18 10:09 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

I'm glad for little Button! It's so pitiful to see casts on those little legs:-)

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 1/4/18 8:23 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Chiquita must have just been sore because she was fine by yesterday. Thanks for remembering!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Ladyblu
on 1/4/18 8:54 am - Jacksonville, FL
VSG on 09/29/17

I am so happy to hear that. When they are her age, you worry about every sigh and cry.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

VSG with Dr. Wanchick - Sept 29 2017

Age 52 Height 5'2" HW 585 (2012) Initial Consult Weight 522 SW 460 (9/29/2017) CW 350 (4/5/2018) Next Goal 325 Starting BMI 95.5 Current BMI 64.0

Pre-Op: 62 M1: 36 M2: 20 M3: 15 M4: 19 M5: 10 M6: 10 M7: ?

Jessvsg87
on 1/3/18 9:49 am
VSG on 11/27/17

I'm afraid of lettuce,popcorn,and carbs like pizza,bagels,bread i just can look at it and tell these things are going to mess my stomach up.

M1 premier protein

M2 tuna salad and pickles

M3 chicken breast and cabbage

snacks light baby bell cheese and 1/2 premier protein

Gwen M.
on 1/3/18 9:52 am
VSG on 03/13/14

The weather is so weird right now with this incoming BOMB CYCLONE. Sounds like Sharknado..

I set my alarm for 6:30 this morning, but that proved too much for me. I woke up an hour later and still made it to yoga class! (I had hoped to do pilates and then yoga. Glad I got one in!) And, by some great luck, I was the only student there! So I basically had a 45 minute private yoga class. Which is probably just what I needed due to limited range of motion and flexibility.

Apparently, in "thinner people problems," I have pain lying on my back due to my iliac tuberosities or posterior superior iliac spines. Who knew that your hip bones poked out your back?! I know it'll pass as I build up tolerance and some musculature, but for now, it hurts :P

Then I ran some errands after class, so it's now almost 1pm and I'm finally eating meal #1...

QOTD: I was afraid of eating ice cream because I was afraid that once I started, I wouldn't be able to stop. Good thing? I can stop. I don't crave it like I used to. Pizza is a weird one for me - I was worried that I'd miss it a lot. Instead? Meh. I've had a bite or two. Last year I had two pieces since I was trapped and desperately needed to eat and pizza was the only option. Shrug. It's nice to find that I don't care about it.

1: protein shake
2: lentil/chickpea salad
3: beef and lamb meatballs baked in tahini (I think I've made this recipe before, but I can't recall - it's from Ottolenghi), rice for the guys

liquid and vites: on track
exercise: yoga class!!!!!!

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 73 views