Nausea

Perlahowl
on 3/29/18 10:30 pm

hello everyone. I am currently about five weeks post vsg. I have been so nauseous for five days now and its still going on. I wake up with morning sickness and nausea that I can barely drink water. I feel sick from all smells, odours, and all food. I lost my appetite although I was fine before that, I even tended to be hungry and have cravings just a week ago. But now I feel so sick and I have hard time eating or drinking.

I really feel buyers remorse, I dont feel good since I did the surgery. I am always scared when new symptoms come up and am frightened that they may develop to something worse.

I already had hard time with the stomach acid and the acid reflux two weeks after the vsg for the first time in my life. My doc put me on pantoprazole 40 once daily.

All the things going on with my body are affecting my spirits so much. I havent been happy since I did the surgery. Its putting me in huge stress and worry that I cant face. Now I wish I lived my life fat rather than having to face new ailment and living with such stress after vsg.

JourneyBound
on 3/30/18 3:27 am
VSG on 10/09/17

Sorry you're not feeling well, & hope you very better soon First, call your doctor right away. Could it be constipation from your new high protein diet? Personally, because of the extremely high protein low fiber diet, I was very constipated, & had to add miralax & benefiber, which I still take. In the beginning i used milk of magnesia as well. Hope you'e able to resolve this soon!

VSG 10/9/17

HW: 294.2 SW: 286.2 CW:174.6

STGW: 170 LTGW:140

Pre-op:-8 M1:-25.4 M2:-16.8 M3:-15.6 M4:-13.8 M5:-5.4 M6:-8.6 M7:-9.2 M8:-5 M9:-5.6 M10:-2.4

Grim_Traveller
on 3/30/18 4:24 am
RNY on 08/21/12

This could still be acid. A great many people have to increase their PPI dose, or switch to a different med to find one that works. Some people also metabolize PPIs super fast, so they don't work. There's actually a genetic test for that.

Five weeks is still really early out. Sometimes it takes a while. This was major surgery. It will get better.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

(deactivated member)
on 3/30/18 5:17 am
VSG on 01/12/17

I would call your doctor rather than sit and worry. They will be able to help you. If it is acid, you will get some medicine for it and he will be able to tell you if it's something they want to look further into. Stop worrying every time something new happens. Tons of new things are going to happen to you. First few weeks out I could barely choke down any protein drinks or water, they made me sick to my stomach and I couldn't tolerate the shakes well at first. It faded.

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 3/30/18 11:27 am
RNY on 08/05/19

I would be concerned about dehydration, which can cause nausea if it gets bad. It can be an ugly cycle-- you feel queasy, you can't drink, you get MORE dehydrated.

I totally understand the buyer's remorse. I was a slow healer and felt awful for the first six weeks or so. Take it slow, rest as best you can, and don't be afraid to call your doctor if you have any concerns.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Valerie G.
on 4/2/18 10:53 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

Waking up nauseous is a sure sign of dehydration. You're not drinking enough.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 71 views