Whatcha eating Today VSGers? Monday 4/23/2018

(deactivated member)
on 4/23/18 5:46 am
VSG on 01/12/17

Good morning all. I hope you all had a good weekend! I had three long days of work over the weekend, but now I'm ready for my two days off. Yesterday was one of those days were for a moment I had to sit and contemplate my life lol! Thankfully it ended and I slept like a rock once I got home. Yesterday's potluck was fun, I enjoyed spending it with my co-workers before I switch jobs.

I am trying to reduce the number of meals I have in a day so that I'm not eating 5 times. Getting a bit more in for breakfast is the easy part since I've been asleep all night for my stomach to empty. It's the rest of the day that's hard.

QOTD: Do you have a fear/worry of regain? Is it healthy to worry, or unhealthy?

Answer: I find that I worry about regain a lot. I'm not that far out yet, but my worry of "am I going to mess this all up?" Is very much in my head every day. I think that fear is what keeps me so obsessive over what I put in my mouth. To others around me, that don't really get it and think it's silly, but I know that I am not and probably will not be good at "intuitive" eating. Never was in the first place, after all, or I wouldn't even be here! Being worried about messing it all up keeps me tracking, which in turn keeps me focused on what I'm eating and how much I'm eating.

Breakfast: 2 eggs with low no fat, shredded mozzarella cheese and some diced deli chicken

Lunch: homemade chicken salad on Nature's Own Wheat + Protein bread

Dinner: Baked flounder with steamed veggies

Snacks: Chobani plain with pb2, coconut milk creamer for coffee

Totals: 700 calories, 33g carbs, 95g protein

yvonnef1964
on 4/23/18 6:01 am
VSG on 08/11/14

Good morning,

Sorry I've been missing, Ive been helping my friend packed and move her stuff to storage and some things to my apartment since she will stay with me for a short time til she can find something. Did get a movie in Saturday afternoon, saw I can only imagine. It was a good movie. Yesterday I got a couple naps in.

Qotd Especially now at 3 and 1/2 years out I do. I have gained about 15 pounds from my lowest.But I know why due to binge eating disorder. But I try to reign it in at a certain weight.

B ham and cheese omelette and string cheese

L not sure if I'll be home

D not sure what is served at support group tonight.

Have a good day

mmsmom
on 4/23/18 6:04 am - Woburn, MA

Good morning. I had a good weekend, exhausting, but good.

QOTD: Absolutely - I have lost and regained my entire life. Also, I'm up about 10 lbs from my lowest point and it is amazing the headjob it does on you. I know I am still in an acceptable weight range, but "feel fat" and don't want to shop for clothes. Also, it's hard to get back on track to get this 10 lbs off again. I know all I really need to do is cut out the junk since my meals are still small and are not really contributing to the gain.

B: 1 over easy egg, 1 english muffin

L: going down the street to see old co-workers. Salad bar with ff dressing

D: still no kitchen or water at home on the main level, but we are finally experiencing a nice day - grilled chicken and veg

E: walk

L/V: on track

VSG on 04/28/2014

Gwen M.
on 4/23/18 6:06 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Hi! I've only got two errands today - dropping some stuff off at UPS and grocery shopping. Then I'll spend the rest of the day getting work done for the week since I'm gone this weekend.

QOTD: I don't live in fear of regain, but it's something I'm aware of. It's also something I know I can conquer if/when it happens, because I've had to do it already. Maintaining my weight loss (and getting to my goal) will take a lifetime of vigilance. And that's just how my life will need to be. I think that living with awareness is healthy. I think that living in fear is not.

1: protein shake
2: eggs!
3: fried chicken legs (I've had this recipe that I've wanted to try for a while, so tonight is the night. I'm choosing to only do legs because it'll be easier. Sadly they're not Art's favorite, but hopefully he'll get over it.)

liquid and vites: on track
exercise: home PT exercises for feet and neck

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

(deactivated member)
on 4/23/18 6:28 am
VSG on 01/12/17

"I think that living with awareness is healthy. I think that living in fear is not." I love this, Gwen. I'm going to start saying that to myself, this is so good, and true.

Gwen M.
on 4/23/18 6:37 am
VSG on 03/13/14

It's hard. I think that we're so geared toward all or nothing mentalities and it's hard to find that healthy place where we can be aware, but not obsessive and fearful. Living with worry/fear isn't healthy (see: cortisol), but it's easy to do. Especially for us, I think, because we KNOW how much we have to lose if we backslide. We've been there.

In a way, I think that my weight gain after my dad's death was good for me because I did lose it, so I've proven to myself that I can? Which, for me, is good as long as I don't let that cause me to gain weight - you know, I can't do "Oh, well I've lost it before, so eating ice cream all week and gaining some weight is no big deal." Since that would be stupid :P

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 4/23/18 6:59 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Good morning! We had fairly good weather this weekend with many walks with the new doggie.

QOTD: I worry a lot - not constantly so I think it is reasonable based on my past regain history. It is why I track the good and the bad and weigh every day to make sure I am honest with myself. I am at the top of my comfortable weight range and want to drop down into the lower/middle of it where I was until a couple of months ago. I know exactly why it creeped up - (too many high calorie days), so I now I have to drop to lower calories for a while to get down again (and be better with my averages than I was over the last couple of months).

2 Years post-op

Always lots of coffee...

B: Eggs scrambled with cottage cheese and Canadian bacon

L: Tuna with pickles and cottage cheese

D: Shrimp

S: Deli turkey with mustard or mozzarella/prosciutto sticks, yogurt

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

AnnieG522
on 4/23/18 7:21 am
VSG on 10/05/17

We have lost our minds and have something scheduled every weekend between now and 6/10. All good things, but VGS is only 6 1/2 months out and I do best on a routine that includes sleep in my bed!

QOTD: Do you have a fear/worry of regain? Is it healthy to worry, or unhealthy? No. I don't worry about it. I had multiple chronic (potentially fatal) health issues and they have resolved. We were self-pay, which as retired people made it something I had to know ahead of time that I was going to do as a life-change, not a size or weight change. There was a lot of discussion, thought and prayer. That said, I will always track my food (I was diabetic with shots prior to VGS so tracking is a lifetime deal), I will weigh and have set my UhOh after seeing what my rather daily fluctuations look like. And as Gwen said, I have the tools and each of you as support already in place.

Weekend was weird eating as we traveled, but it went really well even trying a small amount of a shrimp/pineapple/chorizo corn tortilla thing. It went well. I didn't sleep well up at my daughter's, so Sunday was not good -- toad froth. :( But back at home and on track.

M1: Coffee coffee coffee all day w/premier protein shake in it

M2: 2 canadian bacon, 1/2 slice Mountain Grain Bread w/light butter

M3: My homemade bariatric chili with non-fat shredded cheddar

M4: Thin crust pizza, light cheese & mushroom, 1 slice -- I didn't plan on it, but husband defrosted it.

M5: Bedtime snack usually Triple Zero Oikos but we'll see

I also went on a retreat this week, so ate meals there; they had extremely health choices, so I did well. I also took my Premier Protein shakes with me, just in case.

Lesson learned: If you pick up stones on a walk in the woods, don't put them in the pocket where your almonds are.

HW: 240 lbs CW: 205 lbs: SW: 199 lbs GW: 130 lbs
1 MO = 167.0 2 MO = 156.4 3 MO = 148.4 4 MO = 140.6
5 MO = 136.0 6 MO = 130.0 (GOAL) 20 MO = 133
"At the evening of our life, we shall be judged by our love."

rissa1224
on 4/23/18 7:25 am - NJ
VSG on 12/05/12

MONDAY! ANd life's been busy! A little less than 6 months until my wedding, and still assisting with my moms unexpected complication after her spinal fusion on 12/26. I upped my personal training to 2x a week starting today. It forces me to go and get a super good work out in. Budgeting is life but, so is staying healthy!

QOTD: I regained. I got too comfortable with bad trigger foods. I was 326, I got down to 180! I'm 220-225 now. Ashamed but I'm taking care of it! Don't let trigger foods take over your mind again. Just don't.

B: 1/2 c plain yogurt, 6 raspberries, 10 blueberries. 2 sausage links

L: homemade chili (1/2 cup), small salad with beets and chick peas

s if needed either peppers & hummus OR cold cut roll ups

D. Burger with side of spaghetti squash and steamed veggies

water on track

exercise: personal trainer day.

Jess Says Yes
on 4/23/18 7:59 am
VSG on 10/24/17

Hi everyone! I was in Chicago for the past 5 days for a training/getaway with Nick. We had a fantastic time! We saw Hamilton (amazing!!!) & Bill Murray, went to a very cool spa, and traversed the city. My training went well also. I did ok with eating, made some junk food allowances that weren't the best idea, but back to the food routine today.

QOTD: I definitely worry about it. Prior to surgery I was almost obsessed with the fear of going through all this only to regain. That fear has become more of a concern and I try to let the concern drive healthy habits. I track every single bite and I weigh consistently. As I get closer to goal my weight loss has slowed which has reawakened that fear a bit. I just try to remind myself that I am in control of my choices each moment and I can decide how this story goes.

b - Protein shake

l - triple zero yogurt with almond slices

d - ? Fridge is empty.

Jess

To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. - Oscar Wilde

Pre-op:-32 M1-26 M2-11 M3-13 M4-10 M5-13 M6-8 M7-12 M8-7 M9-7 M10-0 M11-11

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 66 views