Whatcha Eating Today, VSGers? Thursday 10/11/18

(deactivated member)
on 10/11/18 3:50 am, edited 10/11/18 3:50 am
VSG on 01/12/17

Good morning all. I'm cold and have given in to the fall weather already and stripped my bed, put on my heating blanket. I am also sitting here in leggings beneath warm fuzzy pumpkin sleep pants, a sweat shirt with Chip and Dale on it, and a house coat and a kitten in my lap! Winter is going to eat me alive. I need to buy some snow boots.

I've been up since 3:30am. I am just having trouble sleeping. Hopefully I can take a nap, because today is the day I need to turn my schedule around. If I can't manage a nap, I am not going to be a happy camper.

QOTD: What is the weirdest thing you have every eaten?

In high school in my World Religion class, a small group of us went with our teacher to an authentic Chinese restaurant. There I had chicken feet and sesame jelly fish. I hated the chicken feet, but loved the sesame jellyfish. If you're big on textures of food though, stay farrrrr away from jellyfish.

Breakfast- Veggie frittata

Lunch - Steak with half a sweet potato (I may be a good girl and sub this for veggies. No promises.)

Dinner- Turkey sandwich with cottage cheese

Second dinner (since i'm up all night)- Chicken salad with light italian dressing.

E- Going to walk the hills of my neighborhood, then gym later.

AnnieG522
on 10/11/18 4:36 am
VSG on 10/05/17

Up early - we are getting tropical storm from Hurricane Michael and husband is flying today :( Dogs and I are ready for a rainy day (yeah, like they will get off the porch). Hoping to keep power, but ready if not. Schools closed in most of our area due to high winds and school bus.

Mersh, you're life makes me tired! I'm an early to bed early up girl. And rather past the age, i think, where I could do odd hours. Get some autumn rest!

We are going to be in the 70s (pouring rain today) but then it looks like fall may be here after this storm. One can hope.

QOTD: What is the weirdest thing you have every eaten? Sea slugs (never again) - in China, they came around on a buffet, and everyone was eating them. It was beyond disgusting. But then again, I don't like okra or oysters -- "slippery" foods ewww

Breakfast: Premier Protein shake and lots of coffee

S: Chobani Yogurt

L: Some kind of protein-y stuff

S: ???

D: I started a big pot of pinto beans with ham (low fat version), so probably a cup of soup.

HEY, is anyone else having any trouble purchasing Premier Protein Shakes? They are out of stock everywhere! Finally ordered on their site, but ouch with the price. Usually BJs or Cosco has it.

HW: 240 lbs CW: 205 lbs: SW: 199 lbs GW: 130 lbs
1 MO = 167.0 2 MO = 156.4 3 MO = 148.4 4 MO = 140.6
5 MO = 136.0 6 MO = 130.0 (GOAL) 20 MO = 133
"At the evening of our life, we shall be judged by our love."

(deactivated member)
on 10/11/18 8:00 am
VSG on 01/12/17

Someday these odd hours are going to kick me in the head.

Also, I love ham and beans. I keep thinking of making a pot of them sometime, but I always forget to pick up the ham for them. I used to eat ham, beans, with home made corn bread.

mmsmom
on 10/11/18 5:26 am - Woburn, MA

Good morning!! It's already drizzling and went from muggy when I got up at 4:30 (I guess we all can't sleep today) to coldish - 60 and not muggy now. It's supposed to be downpours here today too.

QOTD: I guess this isn't too weird, but rabbit. I remember eating it as a small child at my Italian grandmother's house. I don't remember liking or disliking it - but think now I couldn't bring myself to eat a rabbit again (too cute). My yard is full of wild rabbits who's main job in life is to make my dogs crazy. I don't mind as it wears them out lol.

B: cheerios - and an iced coffee that was made wrong at every step at Dunkin (no longer Dunkin Donuts, haha) - somehow it was salvaged and is delicious. I may be halucinating but it tastes like pumpkin and I didn't order pumpkin...but like I said, it was made wrong at every step

L: a leftover slice of pizza (Regina's - the best in Boston)

D: IDK, going away tomorrow and there's literally no fresh food in the house

E: packing so i'm sure there's going to be plenty of steps, but nothing formal

L: always good, i feel like I am sipping on something all day

VSG on 04/28/2014

ljbarbara
on 10/11/18 3:36 pm

When I first moved to Spain I found that I loved paella. I had only been there for a few weeks when I was eating and enjoying the heck out of a paella that was not seafood based. There were lots of chunks of meat on bones that were quite tasty...I was digging little pieces out of a bone when I realized the bone had teeth! Eeewwww!! It was a rabbit's head cut in half!!!

After living in various countries for many years, I ate a lot of weird things and pretty much all of them were really good. The one thing that was the worst ever was baby octopus cooked in its ink. Bleh and double bleh. Never ever again!

Original surgery: VSG Feb. 2009

REVISED TO RNY FEBRUARY 2016

Height: 5'7"

Start weight: 252. Current weight: 120

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 10/11/18 5:52 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

DS' new kitty Lavender came home yesterday afternoon and is such a sweet and lively girl. We are trying to keep her separated from the dogs for a few days while she adjusts, but she did sneak out once last night. Though Justice nearly had a coronary, Lavender didn't seem terribly nervous so I think that is a very good sign since they have to co-exist for a while.

QOTD: That's a tough one. There are a lot of things I have ended up trying due to DS being a chef that I would NEVER have touched in the past. I guess the weirdest lately was alligator (in Florida). What I had wasn't very good (very chewy), so I may try it again where it supposed to be better.

2 Years 6.5 months post-op (maintaining below goal for 22.5 months)

Always lots of coffee...

B: eggs, cottage cheese and Canadian bacon

L: Deli chicken and cottage cheese

D: leftover Salmon

S: homemade cottage cheese with torani SF syrup

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

(deactivated member)
on 10/11/18 8:02 am
VSG on 01/12/17

Look at that cutie, and what a sweet name! Does she act as dainty as her name?

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 10/11/18 9:27 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Yes and no. She is fairly petite and very graceful, but will do a little biting when playing (still a bit of a kitten at 9 months). She is very sweet and I think she is settling in well. Maybe we will do a little cat/dog introduction tomorrow (with gate between them). They seem to be getting used to each other's scents.

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

MissCheri18
on 10/11/18 6:07 am - Daytona Beach, FL
VSG on 06/25/18

Hi All! I am praying for all in the path of Michael. Sometimes making history is not a good thing and this is one of them!

QOTD:

Week 15

Water, water, water!

M1: Diet V8 Splash, MiraLAX

M2: SF Pumpkin Spice Coffee

M3: Eggs, Bacon Bits, Shredded Cheese

M4: Garden Salad with Turkey

M5: Turkey Salad w/Pecans

Daily String Cheese

Protein: 78g. Carb: 14g. Fiber: 19g Cal. 640

(FYI my listed carbs have not had my fiber subtracted, I do it in my head)

5' 2". 60-year-old (at time of surgery)

HW 239.9, SW 223

GW (Surgeon) 150, GW (Mine) 135

Cheri

facetedginger
on 10/11/18 8:11 am

Morning!!

What a morning it has been. Saw a new primary doctor this morning and won't be going back so time to find a new one.

I heard recently at my local Kroger that folks are coming in and buying all the premier shakes they can get their hands on at all the local stores. Not really sure why... but it seems to be a trend.

QOTD: escargot is probably the "weirdest." I'm not an adventurous eater and am definitely a plain kinda gal.

B: Coffee

S: Peanut butter oatmeal cookie :( totally my own fault for not preparing but still frustrating

L: Jerky and Cheese

D: No idea. DH is sickly but won't eat chicken soup. I may just keep it simple and eat a few slices of turkey deli meat.

H2O: I REALLY need to hydrate today. Like really really really really.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 71 views