WATCHA EATING TODAY, VSGers? Thursday 14 Feb 2019

AnnieG522
on 2/14/19 7:26 am
VSG on 10/05/17

Good Thursday morning! Up at 4:45 am today, for who knows what reason. I did get a lot of prep work down for the quarterly newsletter at church, and reminded people about deadlines. Had a nice morning with my DH, and while its cold, it's sunny for a change.

QOTD: What is (excluding weight loss) your most challenging issue that impacts your feeling about how we "should" look? Being a "woman of a certain age", and having let my hair grow gray/white/silver, sometimes I feel like I should keep coloring it - maybe some kind of blonde since I'm sure my natural black would look ghastly. Then I think about white roots and the cost, and the time and I think, nah. But I think about it a lot.

B: Premier protein shake with lots of coffee

L: Apple walnut salad

S: Chobani greek yogurt

D: Low fat 1/4 twice baked potato, 3 oz filet, Pam sauteed mushrooms

HW: 240 lbs CW: 205 lbs: SW: 199 lbs GW: 130 lbs
1 MO = 167.0 2 MO = 156.4 3 MO = 148.4 4 MO = 140.6
5 MO = 136.0 6 MO = 130.0 (GOAL) 20 MO = 133
"At the evening of our life, we shall be judged by our love."

Pure_Prairie
on 2/14/19 8:50 am
VSG on 01/10/19

It is a beautiful day in Texas too, chilly but sunny. Hope everyone is doing something kind to love themselves today.

QOTD: What is (excluding weight loss) your most challenging issue that impacts your feeling about how we "should" look? Oh the irony! My hair is my biggest issue right now too. I had worn it long most of my life, then kept it about chin length for about the last 5 years. I have let it grow out to just below my shoulders and I am on the fence, keep growing (I love being able to put it up for housework, gardening, and/or swimming). OR just go back short and easy, plus being post op I am worried it may thin and will look terrible long. (My original reason for going short was thinning hair) Every day I think, "I gotta decide something!"

B: Yogurt (had dental work this morning so super soft)

L: 1 oz pimento cheese and 1 oz cucumber wedges

S: Applesauce

D: Beef fajitas, onion & pepper strips. (going out with my sweethearts)

HW: 183 Pre-Op: 171 Post WLS Month 1: 149 Month 2: 141 Month 3: 133

Surgeon's goal: 128 My Goal: 118

AnnieG522
on 2/14/19 11:30 am
VSG on 10/05/17

Mine was long and black and curly; I lost it twice with chemo's. I let it grow, and worked on colors -- but it was long and curly and silver when I had VSG. Then the top got very sparse so I cut it short. Now I'm trying to hold out until April 12th so I have a little length when I get a "style" of some kind. Again, too much time thinking about something most people don't probably notice (I hope).

Kristi T.
on 2/14/19 9:58 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

Good morning and Happy Valentines Day! It is sunny, 21 degrees and we get a break from the snow for today. I will take it! My alarm went off at 3:45am, I was out the door by 4:30am. I think I have this new Thursday work routine down to a science now.

QOTD-Annie, figuring hair out is a nightmare:-) My hair was long when I had WLS, it started falling out so I got it cut short. I was blonde, now I am a brownish caramel color. Now I wish I had kept it long and stayed blonde! So now I am stuck with a cut and color I don't like, I think about my hair a lot too:-)

B-1/3 cup granola, lots of coffee

L-Turkey and cheese rollup, 1/2 apple and sunbutter

S-Hot tea

D-Homemade split pea and ham soup

E-Emmy hurt her paw somehow yesterday, will have to see how she is today to walk/hike with her.

Have a great Thursday!

AnnieG522
on 2/14/19 11:32 am
VSG on 10/05/17

Oh Kristi T, me too on the length. It was long (although silver/grey/brown) and curly and it was easy. And then it thinned out up by the bangs, so cut it short. I went through transition to gray about 5 years ago, saving time and money both.

I'm hoping to hold out till April 12 for a cut/style so it has some length.

I hope Emmy was able to go for her walk with you; I think it does their minds good to get out of the house. Hmm. Maybe I should, too!

Kristi T.
on 2/15/19 9:24 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

Whatever you decide with your hair, it will look great! Emmy made it half way and started to limp again, so she is taking a break today for sure. I will get her checked out if it doesn't get better:-)

mmsmom
on 2/14/19 11:59 am - Woburn, MA

Happy Valentine's day.

QOTD: I am lucky enough to have great hair, so no worries, there... I'm not sure I really have any big issues with looks...I'd like to have a cute nose, but I don't... I'd like to have thin arms, but I don't and I'd like to be taller, but I'm not, lol

B: 1/2 bagel, not toasted and it sat like led

L: beef at Del Frisco's Grille - just a small short rib... ate about half, delicious

D: nope, still full from lunch, so we'll pick tonight

E: walk

VSG on 04/28/2014

ljbarbara
on 2/14/19 9:31 am, edited 2/14/19 9:39 am

I stopped putting any color in my hair about 4 years ago and am completely gray now. I'm so happy I made that decision. My hair is very short so roots were really visible quickly. It was just too much to keep up with. Color me happy!

Edited to add: If you enlarge my avatar you can see how how short and gray my hair is.

Original surgery: VSG Feb. 2009

REVISED TO RNY FEBRUARY 2016

Height: 5'7"

Start weight: 252. Current weight: 120

H.A.L.A B.
on 2/15/19 6:45 am

I color my own hair. I use more natural hair colors: Naturthint or Herbaltint.

They are more expensive but even with my very sensitive scalp, I can keep the color on for 40-45 min. I need longer because my hair is resistant to colors. I use "sand blond" color, and I keep my hair shorter style. But because I am mostly grey, I only use the color every 2-3 months. The front and top is my nstunat grey that blends nicely with the color. The hair on the back on my head are darker, but apparently people pay money to have 2 colors in the right areas. I had a couple of people asked me my hairdresser contact to get the colors I apparently have.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Most Active