-Cindyloo-’s Posts

-Cindyloo-
on 4/18/17 5:23 pm
Topic: RE: Christmas In April?!

Congratulations! Soon you will be at new beginnings.

-Cindyloo-
on 4/18/17 1:06 pm
Topic: RE: Having VSG surgery this year and have a few questions..

First poster is right. If you overeat at all, you get a full feeling in your chest. Then the "foamies" where your mouth fills with saliva and then you vomit up most of what you ate. This happens if you overeat, eat to fast, or take too large a bites.

Hair loss can happen. For me it was from about 12 weeks to 6 months. I happen to have a lot of hair, so it wasn't a problem (other than my drains). After about month 6 the hair stopped its massive accumulation in my brush as my weight loss slowed down as well.

-Cindyloo-
on 4/18/17 12:39 pm
Topic: RE: In the process of having a VSG.....few questions

They are totally correct. Sticking to 3-4 meals a day will help you loose about 70-80 lbs (but it really depends on how much you have to loose). Loosing those last pounds is about controlling your calories. No grazing and no snacking. Sticking to a 1200 calorie diet and watching what you eat will make all the difference.

As to overeating. Overeating will lead to what I call "the foamies." Mouth fills with saliva and you know you are about to vomit. It happens. It is a learning process. So often we think we are full in our stomach down in our tummies, but really you have to get used to feeling full in your chest. Eyeballing your food and knowing how much you can eat before you eat it. Eating slow and savoring each bite. Ordering child's plates or an appetizer for your meal. Knowing that you can't eat a three course meal. Also, know that you can't take large bites of food. Small bites are the order of the day.

I'm four years out from surgery and I still very, very occasionally vomit. I don't like it. But I take it as a good sign that I haven't stretched my sleeve. And that I still need the occasional reminder not to overeat. It happens. Sometimes 30 minutes after I have eaten. Sometimes right away.

As the poster above said "the surgery isn't magic, it's just a tool"

-Cindyloo-
on 3/25/17 2:11 pm, edited 3/25/17 2:12 pm
Topic: RE: Ibuprofen

What do your doctors say about ibuprofen? I am four years out of surgery and getting plastics on Thursday. I haven't taken anything but Tylenol since my VSG four years ago. How do y'alls doctors feel about Advil, Motrin or Aleve? I was told never to take them again.

-Cindyloo-
on 6/26/13 4:00 am
Topic: RE: Carbonated Beverages and Straws

My nutritionist advised us to not drink carbonated beverages and to never use a straw after surgery.  I was just wondering if anyone knew why?  I am just curious.

-Cindyloo-
on 2/28/13 9:40 am
Topic: RE: Want to see what you'll look like when you reach goal? Very encouraging!!

Very cool site.  Also great for putting in your past weight and new weight just to see how far you've come.  Very encouraging.  Thanks for the post.

-Cindyloo-
on 2/27/13 6:22 am
Topic: RE: Can you see a difference? -42 pounds 2 months postop pics in my profile

Great picts Sonja!  I think it's funny that we started at the same weight and have the same goal!  My weight loss at 2 months was also around 40 lbs. 

-Cindyloo-
on 2/27/13 6:20 am
Topic: RE: Hair Loss

I'm losing quite a bit of hair recently.  I saw my doctor for my 3 month follow up and all vitamin levels were great.  Anyone else having/had this problem?  What did you do?

Thanks,

Cindy

-Cindyloo-
on 2/22/13 6:40 am
Topic: RE: Adult Liquid Tylenol? Can't find- Any ideas?

For after surgery, I also had an Rx.  But, to at home I also had liquid acetaminophen (Tylenol generic).  I found it on Amazon.  Order today and maybe it will arrive next week for after surgery and your Rx is over?

-Cindyloo-
on 2/19/13 1:31 pm
Topic: RE: Dumping Syndrome

My husband thought he was being so sweet by bringing home a small thing of ice cream.  I had about 1/4 cup, but the attack didn't happen until the next morning.  So, color me confused...  Was it the ice cream?  Although 10 hours later?  Or something else?

To make it clearer:

It was uncontrollably.  A complete surprise and well... messy.

-Cindyloo-
on 2/19/13 9:52 am
Topic: RE: Dumping Syndrome

Has anyone experienced any dumping syndrome after VSG?  I think I may have had it, or maybe a touch of a stomach virus?  What has your experience with this been?

Thanks!

-Cindyloo-
on 2/11/13 9:00 am
Topic: RE: XPOST - Tummy Tuck Pics **WARNING!** SEMI NUDE ** GRAPHIC ** 5 days post op **

Fantastic picts.  Thank you for sharing with us.  You look great.  Can't wait to see you healed up.

-Cindyloo-
on 1/3/13 10:00 am
Topic: RE: Is it just me? I had to hit rock bottom first.

I'm not rolling my eyes.  Thanks for the "real" post.

-Cindyloo-
on 12/16/12 8:55 am
Topic: RE: Hormones? Post-Op Stress? What?

I think it has to do with our limited supply of will power (by "our", I mean everyone and anyone).  I recently read a study about will power.  The study results basically contend that people have a limited supply of will power.  Will power seems to be something that shouldn't be "wasted".  It should be conserved and used wisely.

So, I took this information and internalize it.  I realize that post-op, I do have a limited supply of "will power".  Right now, I use all my will power to take care of myself and my family.  Consistently making healthy choices is really hard.  But, by far the thing that I have learned the most is that I don't have much left over "will power" to deal with people's crap/problems/stress.  Maintaining any tolerance when I am irritated, frustrated or just hacked-off is close to impossible now.  I find that I'm just not going to waste my limited will power.  I'm going to use the will-power I have to continue to put myself and my family interests first.

Maybe it's something like that?

-Cindyloo-
on 12/14/12 1:39 pm
-Cindyloo-
on 12/14/12 8:43 am
Topic: RE: Stomach Virus

My son has spent the evening vomiting.  It looks like he brought a stomach virus home for the rest of us.  I am six weeks post op.  To anyone who has had a stomach virus with their new sleeve... what can I expect?  The same as before?

Thanks all!

-Cindyloo-
on 12/10/12 1:48 pm
Topic: RE: How is everyone getting their B-12?

I actually received an Rx to give myself the B12 shot once per month.  My husband actually administers it for me.  Our pharmacist showed him how to do it properly.  It is SOOOO much less expensive than the sublinguals.  Plus, the dog needs her heartworm prevention meds on the first of the month and now I need my B12 too, so we're working it out.

-Cindyloo-
on 12/10/12 1:39 pm
Topic: RE: Calcium + Sleeve = No good

I like the Bariatric Advantage Carmel Chews.  Actually, they taste like a treat.  

Just my 2 cents.

-Cindyloo-
on 12/10/12 1:16 pm
Topic: RE: Extended Release Meds

Does anyone know if the XR in these meds work after our VSG?  I take Ambian XR and keep waking after 5 hours of sleep at night.  Is there a chance the XR is not working since the VSG?

Thanks all!

-Cindyloo-
on 12/3/12 8:59 pm
Topic: RE: Hello lovely people :D Quick question...

For me, I don't get a "fullness" sensation, but I do start to feel a bit of an ache in my shoulders and chest that tell me I am "full".  Maybe you are missing that signal?

-Cindyloo-
on 12/3/12 8:53 pm
Topic: RE: One negative....

I just wanted to throw my 2 cents in about the Hyst idea.  I had to have one early in life because of cervical cancer.  I wouldn't recommend them until every last other possible solution is taken.  It does change your sex life in ways that you can't know until after your uterus is gone.

-Cindyloo-
on 12/3/12 12:48 pm
Topic: RE: Hurl!!

Honestly, my experience is the same as the poster.  Things go in fine, just don't stay in fine.  More than anything though, I am finding that the speed at which I eat something will seriously affect how well I digest it.  Slower is SOOOO much better.

-Cindyloo-
on 11/27/12 7:09 am
Topic: RE: torture

OMG!  I can so relate.  I used to love watching the food network shows.  I can't do it anymore.  I find television, with all the food commercials, to be really hard to watch in general.  I have been using my computer a lot more since surgery because it doesn't have food ads.  It really helps A LOT!  I also record everything now so if I want to watch something, I can just fast-forward through the ads.  And it is still hard because I notice every time the people on the show are eating and what they are eating.  I love Big Bang Theory and they eat SOOOO much on that show (the apartment to-go food, Cheesecake Factory because Penny works there, and the cafeteria at work).  But, by far and above, the food network had to go.  I was sad to eliminate it, but I don't see any other easy ways to handle false hunger pains that channel brings.

-Cindyloo-
on 11/27/12 7:02 am
Topic: RE: Giving up artificial sweeteners or trying to . . .

Have you noticed that all the SF syrups at Starbucks taste like apple juice?  Or is that just my crazy taste buds?

-Cindyloo-
on 11/27/12 6:58 am
Topic: RE: Will Power

I was recently reading a study about will power.  The study results basically content that people have a limited supply of will power.  Will power seems to be something that shouldn't be "wasted".  It should be conserved and used wisely the study and related articles revealed.

So, I took this information and internalize it.  I realize that 4 weeks post-op, I do have a limited supply of "will power".  But, that I think I may be using it in the right places.  Right now, I use all my will power to take care of myself and my family.  Consistently making healthy choices is really hard (especially when others are pushing non-healthy things at me... Thanksgiving anyone?).  But, by far the thing that I have learned the most is that I don't have left over "will power" to deal with people's crap.  Maintaining any tolerance when I am irritated, frustrated or just hacked-off is close to impossible now.  I find that I'm just not going to waste my limited will power.  I'm going to use the will-power I have to continue to put myself and my family interests first.

Can anyone else relate?

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 61 views