Merry Meet

Mystical_Dreamer
on 7/13/06 7:14 am - GA
Merry Meet! I am a long time member of OH, who lost her way. I am back, and would like to meet other wiccan/pagans who frequent these boards. I know we are not in the minority. Ive only been studying many different religon's and belief's in the past few years. The wiccan path suits me best. As my body changes, I seek to change alot of other things about myself and to try find a closer, spiritual relationship with the Goddess. If others respond, I will come back. Drop me a note, when you pop in and maybe the collective spirit between us can revive this board. Merry Part, Jen
wingsmajik
on 7/17/06 2:10 pm - New Haven, MO
Merry Meet, Jen, and Welcome Back!! I joined this group almost a month ago. I have not had surgery yet...waiting for insurance to finally make a decision............I am not a patient waiter.....;) I too have done alot of research and reading, trying to find 'the' path that's right for me. I cannot say I am 'completely" wiccan, but the wiccan path is so much closer to what feels right than anything else i've found. I suppose I am what you could call "solitary eclectic" altho a couple of my daughters have expressed a definite interest in wicca. They are already witches, and have decided to make the jump to something more 'spiritual', for which I am very thrilled! So glad to meet you and maybe together we can jump-start this board again! lol sweet blessings, deb
Mystical_Dreamer
on 7/29/06 4:37 am - GA
Merry Meet Deb! Forgive me for not responding sooner. I have been in orientation for a new job, for the last 2 weeks and that means getting up at 4 am. I am NOT a day person at all. I do much better at night and now Ive started my evening shift orientation. Thank Goddess! We have alot in common. I am simply on a spiritual path , to find what suits me. As long as it is for the GOOD. So many religions have this concept but its been my experience, they do not always portray this side, in reality. My daughter is a witch, I also tend to practice solitary and yep, I would characterize myself as electic! LOTS of varied dreams and interests. The insurance wait is the hardest part of the process, or it was for me. It took mine roughly 3 weeks before I knew something. My surgeon's office, knew before I did. I will light a candle for you and hold GOOD, POSITIVE thoughts, you will hear from them soon and it will be APPROVED! Be BLESSED and have a WONDERFUL day! Merry Part, Jen
wingsmajik
on 7/29/06 5:30 am - New Haven, MO
Well, I finally got an answer. It seems, after nearly six weeks and countless phone calls to my insurance company, there seems to be an exemption to bariatric surgery. They do not cover it at all. "that's not to say it isn't a necessary option or that it would not help you, but we simply do not cover it." Now, can't somebody at that office have said that BEFORE all this? All the tests and that idiotic psych eval and everything else? I mean, come ON now. At any rate, I believe what will be will be, and at some point, if this is really what is in my future, it will happen. Policies change, jobs change, life changes. I'm not giving up, just waiting for the right time. And i'm not going to get violent about it either! lol no point in that! Thanks for your wonderful reply, Jen, and good luck in the new job!! I'm so excited for you! Blessings! mp, deb
Mystical_Dreamer
on 8/1/06 4:42 am - GA
Appeal! appeal1 appeal! this decision. Insurance companies WANT you to give up. get out your policy manual and read the exemptions for yourself. If you do not have one, call them and request one in the mail. There is a time limit for an appeal so call them today if you dont have a policy manual or booklet. My insurance states the same thing however UNDER that paragraph it does state it WILL cover bariatric surgery IF DEEMED MEDICALLY NECESSARY, only one per lifetime. So this is why it is important for you to read your policy and if it states it will cover if medically necessary your surgeon needs to write a letter to them ( you can send it in with your appeal) that is IS medically necessary. Ask your pcp to write a letter as well. Dont give up, I know some who have fought for years and had appeal after appeal and finally won their case, Ive known others who quit jobs and found another because of the insurance. Stay strong and POSITIVE! I will light a candle for you and hold positive thoughts! Blessings, Jen
wingsmajik
on 8/1/06 6:11 am - New Haven, MO
See, when i first began this 'official' journey, I had the surgeon's office check to see if my insurances covered any of this. I had read in my policy book that it did not, but i also have another policy with my husband's insurance and i have no book for that. Jackie, from Dr. Richardson's office called back to say that UHC said they covered at 100%! I was quite surprised by this! But quite pleasantly so! So, I went through with all the consults and letters and appointments. Had I known then that the phone person did not know which policy my district HAD, i wouldn't have wasted this much effort this soon. I would have waited. I know, in time, things will change. I rechecked the new policy book right after this and it still states that it does not cover surgerical intervention for weight loss. it DOES however support TOPS....ok, that's gonna work wonders! lol I haven't given up, but I am putting it on hold for the time being. I am still in contact with both our insurance and my surgeon, so it ain't all over yet. not till the fat lady sings, and i'm pretty hoarse right now! ;) It is the beginning of the school year now, so i'll have time to get all my little ducks in a row before the day that insurance says yes! I have faith, and i have 'little ways'!;) I want them to see this as a very good idea, not a way to shut me up! I want the policy changed! Thank you for your blessings and your prayers. without burning your house down, light LOTS of candles!!! hehe sweet success, Jen, and thanks!!! deb
Mystical_Dreamer
on 8/1/06 3:53 pm - GA
All right Deb. I promise not to burn down the house but I keep candles going around here as long as I am up and awake...LOL Glad to see you still have the fight in you. We just got this board back up, even if it is just me and you. LOL I dont want to see you go anywhere! If you need any help just holla, one way or the other, we will find an answer! Blessings, Jen
Cheryl A.
on 2/20/08 12:46 am - Niles, MI
Hi! Just found this board, and I see no one has posted on it for months. I hope there's still someone around. Just found the wiccan path, and realized it's what I've been looking for, for years. Is there still anyone out there?
Most Active