Easter and Vernal Equinox combined

Kathy A C.
on 4/11/04 12:55 am - Marlborough, MA
Bright Blessings to all my Pagan Brothers and Sisters! Am I the only one who likes to mix celebrating traditional Easter activities and Eostre in the same weekend? Yes, the Vernal Equinox is the 20thish, but I always try to combine the holidays into one weekend because most of my family is christian, but I like to incorporate my Pagan ideals and habits discreetly... hot cross buns, planting bulbs and seeds with blessings/wishes, making pysanky/Ukranian eggs (not very good at it but I try a new concept design every year), and dye others just RED for the traditional krashanka eggs tribute. I light purple candles for the dinner table and have ***** willows and fresh flowers on the table. I am not having the usual ham this year, but am certainly having a chocolate Eostre bunny and jellybeans! lol Happy Spring to all! Blessed Be... Kathryn
track
on 5/3/04 2:57 pm - on the beach down by the bay, VA
A bit late in finding this board, but I hope that you enjoyed a good celebration! I find it amusing that a lot of our old traditions that we continue to utilize seem so 'foreign' to standard congregations, and they are suprised when we 'incorporate' them, when all we are doing is what our forebearers have always done! I continue to be amazed by reading my full length 13 vol. set of Fraziers Golden Bough and finding that even the most 'pure' holy days will always have some ancient beginnings. Another 'new' book just published is called 'The Secret Origins of the Bible' by Tim Callahan, pub. in 2002 by Millennium Press, has a lot of graphic links between the old and the new, relatively speaking of course. Feel free to email if you want to discuss things, I seem to almost stay on the state or main boards and forget to wander off into the nether regions here.
Kathy A C.
on 5/3/04 9:48 pm - Marlborough, MA
Thanks Track for the book info. I love reading about the roots of "holidays", especially those winter ones ...I will see if I can find a copy on eBay (cheapskate) or in a dusty used book store. Last ditch will be Borders. Along those lines, there is a fictional book written by Yerby called JUDAS MY BROTHER which explains the "miracles" of Jesus in pragmatic western terminology, minus the build up the bible gives them. Quite an interesting read. Ok there brother, enjoy the beautiful spring! I hope Beltaine was festive for you this past weekend! :0) Merry M. ...Kath
CAM L.
on 8/8/04 4:21 am - ALSKA
RESPECTED MADAM CAN YOU LET ME KNOW WHERE COULD I FIND FREE EBOOKS FOR KNOWING THE WICCAN TRADTION, RELATIONSHIPS,SPELLS ETC. IF THERE IS ANY SPECIFIC FORUM FOR THAT KINDLY REPLY ME MY EMAIL IS [email protected] THANKS AND REGARDS CAM LULLA
Kathy A C.
on 8/8/04 5:35 am - Marlborough, MA
Hi Cam, I know a few free WICCA 101 type E-Books where you can learn a great deal. MAIDEN MOON is a great work by the CHURCH OF MAGICK and you can read it on: [email protected]. Also, in MA, we have the WICCAN EDUCATION SOCIETY "WES" that has a nice site. www.wesociety.com .There is another site that has some interesting links and a Q & A section...www.witchery.com/shadow.html ... and always there is the Witches League of Public Awareness which you can locate at: www.celticcrow.com . Hope this helps. Bright Blessings through the Harvest season! Kathy :0)
Most Active