one month and one week out!

PriscillaY
on 4/21/11 5:18 pm - Highland Falls, NY
well, i made it! it has been an interesting month. i have been super busy so i just kind of wanted to post about where i'm at and ask a few questions to you seasoned pros. first of all, i'm at one month and one week and i have lost a total of 46lbs! i know it seems like a lot but my surgeon is happy with it and i have been cleared for exercise for about 2 weeks now and have been going religiously. 

i have been awesome with remembering every single vitamin. however i do wish i could get more protein in. i'm probably averaging a little over 50g a day and i know i need more. i'm trying! the problem is i am so entirely sick of the shakes and i have no appetite. i hardly ever eat except when i make myself because i know i have to. i don't crave much, and if i do its something healthy like cucumbers or greek yogurt. i am shocked that i just really am never hungry but it is a blessing. my surgeon is aware and said as long as i get the shakes in, he's okay with this because it will slowly but surely return. 

as far as exercise is concerned i attend the gym five times a day for about 2 hours. i do an hour of cardio- elliptical, bike, treadmill and then about an hour of weights (following my doctors restrictions). i try to focus on trouble areas (my arms!). 

the one problem i have is that i keep getting the foamies. i tend to vomit foam after almost every meal. even if i eat slow, even if what i eat goes down smooth. the doctor said my stomach might just be rejecting food and it will slowly but surely get better. using papaya enzymes has helped but i don't want to take them at every meal! its really awful but its not the worst side affect when i think of how energetic and good i feel lately. 

thats my month and one week in a nutshell. any idea on why or how i could get rid of the foamies or get more protein in? thanks guys! hope you're all doing fabulous and hello to all the new people i haven't had the pleasure to meet yet!

highest weight: 387 starting weight: 375 current weight: 223 goal weight: 175    
CourtneyLiz
on 4/21/11 11:09 pm - Thompsons Station, TN
Hey girl sounds like youre doing awesome! Congrats!

As for the protein have you tried making your "shakes" into something more like a milkshake instead of just mixing it up... adding ice in a blender and getting it like that? Might just mix it up a little. Also- try the unflavored protein and add it to soups or applesauce... anything you want really... itll just up whatever protein is already in the food and really helped me get mine in at first.

For the foamies.. im almost 3 years out and i STILL get them from time to time. Usually when i drink too soon after eating. Make sure youre not drinking anything with your meals and maybe taking smaller bites? ( gee that was WONDERFUL advice coming from the girl that still gets them hahaha, sorry!!)

Hope this was some help! Congrats again on your progress!

-Courtney

"You must begin to think of yourself as becoming the person you want to be."-David Viscott

Our Wedding Website!: www.mywedding.com/peachjj
Twitter: www.twitter.com/CourtneylizUT
Facebook: www.facebook.com/courtneyliz

My ETSY site: www.etsy.com/people/courtneylizUT
Ashlee G.
on 4/22/11 12:05 pm - CA
 I hope you mean 5 times a week! 10 hours a day at the gym would kill me! Great job though!
PriscillaY
on 4/22/11 12:35 pm - Highland Falls, NY
yikes! yes, 5 days a week for 2 hours! thats what i get for posting when tired.

ambermay
on 4/22/11 10:10 pm
Congrats on  your weight loss.  I hope that the sickness gets better for you.  Thank you so much for sharing  :)

5'6" -- HW 270ish/SW 153.6/GW 150/CW 138
Amber

amber1982
on 4/24/11 5:15 am

You are doing awesome. I wish I was never hungry anymore like I used to be! That will subside after time. You're doing awesome on your exercise...keep it up it helps sooooo much.

Surgery Date: October 5, 2009

PriscillaY
on 4/24/11 5:22 am - Highland Falls, NY
 how long did the no appetite last? I was wondering when that would stop  

amber1982
on 4/24/11 5:32 am
For me it probably lasted a good year. Most days I had to make myself eat. I still don't really enjoy eating, I just do because I have to. Food just doesn't taste the same anymore.
Surgery Date: October 5, 2009

Most Active
Recent Topics
I regret getting so big
mirandamacie · 0 replies · 448 views
Any "surgery twins" ??
Vampy · 11 replies · 2176 views
Loose skin at 21
nataliaxrivera · 2 replies · 4088 views
Feeling lost
PenguinArmy · 1 replies · 6647 views