On MY Way to Surgery Day...

MaMaMaRTiNeZz
on 1/26/12 1:38 am - Los Angeles, CA
RNY on 11/01/12

On Sunday I prepared to step it into gear. I weighed myself at 307. Which is +2 over my starting weight of 305 but its also the dreaded sweat pants week (you know LOL) so I assume the 2 is from water weight resulting from excessive sweat pants wearing LMFAO . On Monday, I started my diet so that I could have the 20 pound pre-op weight loss by February 10, 2012. This is when I will see my surgeon and if most or all of the 20 lbs is off, she will submit for insurance approval as early as Feb. 10! That means I could have a surgery date in about 2-4 weeks from the 10th of Feb. I could realistically get my surgery towards the end of March, very early April. So far I have started my diet on Monday, weighing in at 307 and today I weight 304. Thats three pounds in 3 days, pretty good I think. I am planning to begin taking protein this weekend and get some exercise in. I am hoping to lose 5-8 pounds this weekend alone. I have done it before. I definitely need to fine tune my caloric intake better. Also, I'm ending sweat pants week so I know 2-3 pounds would be dropped right there. If all goes well with my Zumba and protein uptake, bit more calorie restrictions, then I should lose my 8 pounds putting me at 295-296. From there I have 10 pounds to lose between 1/31 and 2/10 which is cake. If I can only get to 290, I will be happy. And I'm sure my surgeon won't mind to cut me a break for 5 pounds! Anyway, I'm real excited but super scared too. I am mostly thinking about my son because it kills me ot imagine him being motherless. Nope, can't let that happen. Anyway, I am a fighter and I know that I won't just let my life be lost so easily, in any sense of the word. What was it like for those of you who have gone through surgery recently? Frightening? Invigorating?

NOTHING tastes as GOOD as SKINNY FEELS...

Starting Pre-Op Weight: 305     Weight On Day of Surgery: 297 

superchickk51
on 1/26/12 9:45 am
 Congrats, your new life has started. It will be worth the pain and heartache in the end. I'm just now starting to feel normal again and it has been 1 month today. 

Winchy
on 1/27/12 3:42 pm - Bronx , NY
Good Luck, Congrats and way to go..I'm just at the beginning stages of WLS...had my first appointment with my surgeon on the 6th the next appointment is in about 2 weeks...Now that I started and I am seein the Dr I already wanna get this done and over with ....I am to excited yet scared at the same time for this journey. Scared I won't get approved excited that if I get approve I am goin to be healthier and much happier..I can't wait..I wish u nothin but the best in your journey hope all goes well...and if u don't mind me askin what foods r u eatin to help lose some of the weight before surgery???
(deactivated member)
on 1/31/12 5:49 am - RI
hey mama! good luck with everything... if you ever need some specific girly advice, I am here!! I have probably been-there-done-that. LOL

XO
MaMaMaRTiNeZz
on 2/1/12 8:14 am - Los Angeles, CA
RNY on 11/01/12
Thanks to all for the well wishes. I go in Feb. 6 for a weigh in so wish me luck! I haven't lost everything but I am getting there slowly but surely. If I could lose another ten pounds by Feb. 10 I think my doc will be satisfied! Pray for me!

NOTHING tastes as GOOD as SKINNY FEELS...

Starting Pre-Op Weight: 305     Weight On Day of Surgery: 297 

Danielle L.
on 2/15/12 2:15 am - Lynchburg, VA
The beginning stages of surgery were kind of scary for me. I think the most difficult part was the 'not knowing' even though I had educated myself as much as possible. Learning to change has been a roller coaster ride. The adjustment on my body has not been that difficult, though. If you just go into the process knowing things are going to be completly different than before and you are ok with that. In fact, if go in with a positive attitude about it and continue having one, you will be more flexible about the changes that occur.

Good for you for taking this chance. People have their opinions about it, but if you do this for yourself and your son. Keep us updated :)
Most Active
Recent Topics
I regret getting so big
mirandamacie · 0 replies · 449 views
Any "surgery twins" ??
Vampy · 11 replies · 2177 views
Loose skin at 21
nataliaxrivera · 2 replies · 4089 views
Feeling lost
PenguinArmy · 1 replies · 6647 views