Alcohol After RNY/WLS

MaMaMaRTiNeZz
on 9/10/12 3:59 pm - Los Angeles, CA
RNY on 11/01/12

I am curious as other probably are. I don't drink too much now but I am young and I enjoy going out. To decrease alcohol use isn't going to kill me but I feel like my Surgeon's office is going pretty grim reaper when it comes to alcohol after WLS. Im sure its safety and health reasons but for those of you girls that have alreayd had WLS, does alcohol affect you much differently or about the same as before? Thanks...

NOTHING tastes as GOOD as SKINNY FEELS...

Starting Pre-Op Weight: 305     Weight On Day of Surgery: 297 

exohexoh
on 9/10/12 6:07 pm - West Chester, PA
 i get drunk quicker, which i'm sure is because there is 100 pounds less of fat to absorb it lol. i drink less now, more because i grew out of the going out 3 times a week and getting wasted (plus its wayyy too expensive in nyc!). i started drinking again about 2 months out, my surgeon recommended 3 months though. 

<3 jen <3

<3 starting weight: 252 <3 goal weight: 135 <3 current weight: 151 <3

RNY: 9/27/10 <3 Extended Tummy Tuck w/hip & thigh lipo: 6/6/13

MaMaMaRTiNeZz
on 9/10/12 9:59 pm - Los Angeles, CA
RNY on 11/01/12
yes...i agree i just cant believe it hits the bloodstream harder but i do feel that maybe people just didnt know what it felt like to get drunk as a normal size person so the experience is new...nyc is probably just as expensive as la! so i feel ya on that one...i dunno i feel like if ur having 1 or 2 drinks it cant be that bad...i mean i always have a dd now, and i never go out more than once or twice a month anyway...and most of the time i dont even really drink. thanks for sharing, i think when the time is right, im gonna cautiously experiment and see what works. :)

NOTHING tastes as GOOD as SKINNY FEELS...

Starting Pre-Op Weight: 305     Weight On Day of Surgery: 297 

exohexoh
on 9/11/12 7:53 pm - West Chester, PA
 that's pretty much how i am too, once or twice a month at the most. i don't have a car here so that's never an issue for me. i take the subway home (or if its really late a cab). when i'm at my parents in pa i won't go out without a dd (or at least someone who isn't drinking much)

<3 jen <3

<3 starting weight: 252 <3 goal weight: 135 <3 current weight: 151 <3

RNY: 9/27/10 <3 Extended Tummy Tuck w/hip & thigh lipo: 6/6/13

Diabolique
on 9/15/12 5:04 pm - Las Vegas, NV
RNY on 09/19/12
My docs office said no alcohol at all which may be good advice since I drank my way through a good chunk of my 20's . The nutritionist said that drinks are calories and sugar.  I made a point to stop drinking all alcohol a few weeks ago and will have a "dry" girls night out for my birthday in November.
With my luck I would be drinking at a Magic Mike type show about to go all Fifty Shades of Grey on a male stripper and get that dumping feeling.
sundaymorning
on 10/8/12 2:25 pm
I would recommend that you stay away from alcohol if possible. Transfer addictions are common and I experienced this the hard way. I have now been sober for over 40 days and it took many blacked out nights of 2-3 drinks to make me realize what I was doing. Not saying this would happen to you but it is a possibility
Most Active
Recent Topics
I regret getting so big
mirandamacie · 0 replies · 450 views
Any "surgery twins" ??
Vampy · 11 replies · 2178 views
Loose skin at 21
nataliaxrivera · 2 replies · 4091 views
Feeling lost
PenguinArmy · 1 replies · 6647 views