Home from Hospital -Post Op day 4

peyton88
on 7/22/10 10:35 am - Madison, GA
Hello all!  I met my first goal:  To  come home after surgery ALIVE!! 

I would love to write that I had an awesome experience with no pain etc. but the truth is I did have a hard time.  No terrible buyer's remorse yet but I did have a lot of nausea, swelling (in extremeties) and some bladder/urinating issues.

All that being said, my care was phenominal, my pain was managed and I feel like I turned a corner today.  I am tolerating the protein fine.  I don't feel like eating it but it doesn't taste too bad. 
Today I got 30 grams of protein in today (not stellar but up from 20 grams yesterday) My fluid intake was about at goal....Water suits me very well!

You might get a kick out of this....I gained 15 pounds in the hospital!!!  They had to give me so many bags of IV fluid to get me urinating properly!  I am swollen up like the Michelin man!  I know it will go away soon!!

Hope everyone is well.  Thanks for all the prayers and well wishes!!
  HW/SW/CW/Goal.....219  / 206 /  122 / 130

emrtrainer
on 7/22/10 10:42 am - Inwood, WV
Keep drinking. It seems like every move I make pulls on my tummy.  THe steri strips all pull.  I wish I could take them off.  The more you drink the more you wil pee and more you pee the more weight you will loose.  Hang in there.  Lori

southernlady5464
on 7/22/10 10:48 am
Welcome home. Glad all worked out well.

Liz

Duodenal Switch (Lap) 01-24-11 | Surgeon: Stephen Boyce | High weight: 250 in 2002 | Surgery weight: 203 | Lowest weight: 121 | Current weight: 135 | Goal weight: 135

fitby40something
on 7/22/10 11:00 am - Southeast, MO
Glad to hear you are back.  Sorry for the issues you were having immediately post op but its good to hear you are back at home.  It seems that is where we are most comfortable and the healing begins.  Awesome job getting all your fluids in and just keep on keeping on with the protein.  The water weight should come off fairly quickly and you'll feel so much better.

Take care of yourself and remember to walk, sip, rest and repeat.

Julie   Extended Abdominalplasty & Breast Lift 6/22/11

fitby40something  HW 240/CONSULT 238/SW 225/CW 170/GW 138
"Get busy living or get busy dying."  --Shawshank Redemption

STLfan
on 7/22/10 11:00 am
Way To Go !! Sounds like you are already adjusting well ....protein and water.....soon you will be a Big Loser! Life Is Good!
Jeff                    
shannonlmitchell
on 7/22/10 11:52 am - San Antonio, TX
Yahoo!   I am post op day 11 and my water weight is just starting to really come off. Hang in there.  Glad everything went pretty smooth!
lerkhart
on 7/22/10 10:41 pm

Peyton, welcome to the losers bench!! 

Sorry you had a hard time right after surgery, but it sounds like you are doing a great job at home.

Remember to Sip, walk and rest.  Take care of yourself and keep us updated on your progress.

Linda

14.5 lost pre-surgery  5'1 1/2"                                      LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
(deactivated member)
on 7/22/10 10:48 pm
 AWW  CONGRATULATIONS  Peyton!!     So Happy  Ure safe and at home !   

I 
Yep they pumped me full of fluid too .... and  I couldnt figure out why the scale was so messed up  lol.  

In about three weeks itll all be gone ...
graciesmommie
on 7/22/10 11:48 pm
I gained 19lbs of  water weight in the hospital too but by the time I went for my post op appointment I had lost it and 5lbs. I actually had a bowel obstruction and had to have emergency surgery after my RNY. NOT FUN! Keep drinking and keep moving around a little. walk, walk, walk. That will help the water weight shift off too. All in all I have no regrets about  my choice either. I am 8months out and 76lbs down. I have gone from a 18w to a 4. It is worth everything you will go through to feel this great. I promise. I hope you continue to get along well. Best of Luck! Danielle
Nothing tastes as good as this feels!                                                                     
italianspice
on 7/24/10 10:04 am - Eastlake, OH
Congrats!
Glad to hear you made it!
Sorry about all the fluids, but I guess you will get all your walking in when your body starts to let it loose!
Prayers for continued healing!
Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 290 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 415 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 475 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 496 views