Hi there - another newbie...

SueinUtah
on 4/24/11 11:23 pm, edited 4/24/11 11:29 pm
Hey everyone.  I'm so glad to have found this board!  I've been reading through old posts and have been relating to a lot of what you've all had to say.

I had my surgery (RNY) 12/27/10, was in the hospital for a month from complications, but am feeling pretty much back to "normal" now.  My start weight was 245 (a week before surgery), (I went up to 270 in the hospital from all of the IV fluids, but it came off within a few weeks, but that was a SHOCKER when I got on the scale, let me tell you!) and I'm now at 179/180.  For the past two weeks I"ve been in the stall from hell - every day I get on the scale, all hopeful-like, and every day I groan in frustration when I see 179 or 180.  It's totally mocking me!

Over the last week or so I've been extra careful about making sure I get in all my protein, drink enough water, get in my exercise, taking all of my vitamins, etc. I'm staying between 600 and 800 calories, and I'm four months out. I was eating around 500 calories a day when I originally stalled and people encouraged me to try to eat more, so I've been trying to make sure i get around 700.

And it isn't that I"m losing inches and not pounds because the same clothes that fit me at the beginning of my stall still fit me well now. I feel like the days of losing any weight are at an end. I broke down and cried yesterday when I got off the scale. I mean, YES, I feel and look better than before, but I went through a lot with this surgery and I'm going to be really sad if this is all I get out of it.

Is it possible that my weight loss is over? I'm short (5'4") so this is NOT a good end weight for me. My legs are like flipping tree trunks. Fat, cellulite covered tree trunks.  

Wow, that was quite the whiny introduction, huh?    Anyway, nice to meet all of you.

Oh and here are my progress pics:

Before:

Now:

SW 245 / CW 163/ Goal 129 / Surgery date: 12/27/10               
Price S.
on 4/24/11 11:49 pm - Mills River, NC
Stalls are hard, but very normal.  There are some lightweights who don't stall but most of us have and do. 
Keep doing what you are doing.  Your body needs time to adjust.  Just look at the progress you have made so far.  Everyone is different but you aren't at the end yet, I'm sure.  My 5th month was really slow, 4 lbs overall.  But then it picked up again.  Have hope.  You will get going again.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

Just-Jenn
on 4/25/11 12:16 am - Midstate Region, PA
We are our own worst enemy.  You look great- and you have lost 65+ pounds (all the weight from the hospital too!). Your journey is far from over, but the stalls happen.  Just wait- some day soon you'll step on and pounds will be gone.  It can be frustrating...but you have done great!  Welcome. 

Proud Mom to Allen (20), Christa (14), Sophie (2), Stella (1).  and an angel 5/07

Happy_Camper
on 4/25/11 12:22 am
Welcome to the LW board Sue.   You look GREAT!!!!!  Congrats on your success so far.  Cindy

Surgery March 2, 2010 -  5' 9"  -   HW 278 /  SW 260 /  CW 139 / GW 150

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat                         

G.I.Jane
on 4/25/11 12:45 am
Sue,

You're doing great. I'm about a month further out than you and I'm stalling at about 170 right now too. I'm the same height as you (really, only 5'3 and 3/4) - and my starting weight was right around 250 too.

That's a great job you're doing.

A little advice from me to you.... stop getting on the scale every day. Weigh in once a week and that is it! No need to feel depressed each day - wait for the end of the week and just keep up the good work with food, water and exercise.

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.
Unknown.

G.I.Jane
on 4/25/11 12:53 am
P.S.

You look FANTASTIC. You can really see the change in your upper body - I can't tell on the lower body, but that's maybe the picture. You look so different and I bet you're getting all kinds of compliments.

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.
Unknown.

Stacey N.
on 4/25/11 1:01 am - Chesapeake, VA
Give your body some rest it deserves, we are our own worst enemy. I hit a stall at 3 months that lasted through to month 5, scale never moved and neither did the inches, woke up one day and the scale had finally moved a pound and my jeans were fitting very loosly. I am sure you are not at the end, it will be ok.
Welcome to the board.

HW-220 SW 205 4'11"

(deactivated member)
on 4/25/11 1:23 am
Welcome! First, let me say I think you've done a fantastic job--you look great!! You're so cute, love the short do. :) I don't think your loss is over. You just gotta be patient--the body will do what it wants in its own time. Sounds like you're doing everything you can, so try to be patient. I know it's hard.

Abby
Mama477
on 4/25/11 1:29 am
Hi, Sue!  Welcome - you will love this board!  Such a wonderful group of survivors!  You have done an awesome job working your tool -- I can see lots of change in your midriff area.  I, too, suffer from tree trunk - a - cellulite - a phobia...(a new term I just invented, thanks to you...) and we will walk it away!   Walk Walk Walk! 

Hang in there!

Meg
  HW 236 / SW 224 / CW 164/ GW 135

newdirectionhome
on 4/25/11 1:41 am
 Welcome, Sue! You look great. Such a cute outfit and pose in the second picture. The stalls are part of the adjustment our bodies are going through, I think. 

I weigh every day and it has helped me. When I think I've lost nothing, I go back one or two weeks and see a difference. Some of us weigh once a week, it has to work with your personality. I need to be accountable every day.

Also, if you are exercising a lot, you may stall as you gain muscle. Weight loss is a marathon, not a sprint. We are learning a new way of life. (I'm typing this to remind myself! LOL)
 Wendy
5'3" SW: 210
Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 309 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 434 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 498 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 519 views