When do you know to stop?

Stacey N.
on 5/1/11 1:04 am - Chesapeake, VA
I know this is a popular question but when do you know when to stop losing?
For my height of 4'11" my wii fit says I should be 109, my personal goal is  120, which still puts me in the overweight range. I am 132 right now and when I am checking out pictures from the soccer party, I seem to look aneorexic (In my opinion) so how do I really know when to actually stop?? Here is the pic

Please tell me what you think, it is not the greatest picture though.

HW-220 SW 205 4'11"

Jody ***
on 5/1/11 1:16 am - Brighton, MI
RNY on 10/21/08 with
Honestly???

No - you don't look anorexic at all.  It is kind of hard to tell with that picture, but you're not gaunt, hollow eyed, etc... you actually look very good.  You're just not used to seeing yourself like this. 

Now - your body will know when to stop - really - just trust it.  You really do want to get as low as you can to give yourself some bounce back pounds.  I really wish I had gone a little lower as I was really happy at my lowest... now... I did look gaunt (was told that a few times) - surprising what a few lbs will do for you.

Also - even if you do start looking a little gaunt, your remaining fat WILL redistribute.  Heather is a very prime example of that (when she posted pics a few weeks ago about it).  Mine has also redistributed, but unfortunately to my butt/thighs - lol... I want to get 5 lbs off.  I'd feel real good if I did.

Take full advantage of all of your honeymoon period.  After that's over, it gets much harder.

HW-218/SW-208/CW-126/ Lowest Weight-121/Goal-125 - hit 8/23/09/Height-5'3"

Regain 30 lbs from 2012 to 2016 - got back on track and lost it.  Took 8 months. 
90+/- pounds lost      
BMI - 24 or so
Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the Lightweights Board!

Stacey N.
on 5/1/11 2:16 am - Chesapeake, VA
Thank you Jody, maybe I am just really not used to it. Some days it scares me to be at a healthy weight because I have alays been near and around the 150's.... I will definately try to get as low as my body will allow. Thank you

HW-220 SW 205 4'11"

southernlady5464
on 5/1/11 2:35 am
You don't look anorexic at all...

So now, you feel too skinny in the photo, it's a you you aren't use to seeing. Also, remember that your fat adjusts after a few years and fills out areas that may look too thin.

Liz

Duodenal Switch (Lap) 01-24-11 | Surgeon: Stephen Boyce | High weight: 250 in 2002 | Surgery weight: 203 | Lowest weight: 121 | Current weight: 135 | Goal weight: 135

loverofcats
on 5/1/11 3:27 am
Stacey, You do NOT look anorexic at all.Maybe, you're not used to seeing yourself at your present weight. Your head will catch up, but it does take awhile.

My first goal was 120 lbs, because that would put me in a normal BMI. I knew that 120 was a good weight for me, because I had reached it about 20 years ago and only stayed there for a few months. My PCP wanted me to try to go down to 110 lbs, because of my height 4'11" and health related issues. I no longer have severe sleep apnea, my joint issues have cleared up, and I am no longer pre-diabetic. After I hit 120 lbs, I just kept doing what I was doing and the lbs slowly came off. I do at least 4 days of exercise, including, weight training, pilates (one day per week), and some aerobic exercise. I think the weight training has added some muscle, so my metabolism has increased a bit. I am in maintenance now and really don't want to lose anymore, since I have a few lbs of loose skin hanging around.

Just let your body go down to where it wants. It will give you some cushion, for when the malabsorption ends.

Gail
     "          
 LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat

Price S.
on 5/1/11 4:56 am - Mills River, NC
First, you look great.  Not aneroxic at all.
Also, I looked again, since I am 4'11" also.  124 is the top of normal.  I'd like to get there, we'll see.  At 134, I don't feel too thin at all so I don't think 10 more # s are going to put me too thin.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

(deactivated member)
on 5/1/11 9:14 am
 I think U look beautiful Stacey !!    I like other posters don't see anorexia at all.... though facial gauntness is  not necessarily an indication we should stop losing anyway .

To tell the truth its MUCH   harder to move the fat off the thigh -butt area precisely  because its away from the heart so  a little facial gauntness is  EXPECTED  on the way to goal weight ....
Lucycat
on 5/1/11 10:28 am - Lewiston, ID
Stacey, you look really healthy, not anorexic at all.  I think your body will probably know when you are where you are supposed to be.  Congratulations on your success!

Sue

ruxanby
on 5/1/11 10:38 am
You look healthy!  and ditto to what everyone else said.  Your body will know when to stop.
Sheri F.   
LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat

Stacey N.
on 5/1/11 10:39 pm - Chesapeake, VA
I guess it is hard getting used to seeing myself as thin... Time to work on my head LOL Thank you everyone.

HW-220 SW 205 4'11"

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 309 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 434 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 498 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 519 views