Tail Bones

Stacey N.
on 5/25/11 5:32 am - Chesapeake, VA
It hurts! Anytime I sit even padded places it hurts, are there excercises or something I can do to make it better?
Mara C.
on 5/25/11 6:41 am - Millbury, MA
I bet it will get better as fat distribution happens, but also toning the fanny muscles has been helping me pad my rear some.  Mine didn't hurt when I sat though, but if I am on the floor sitting sometimes, or doing exercises on the floor etc.  I def could use a little padding and muscle tone still...  My skin is a little hangy there.... It's funny my girls and fanny went flat! LOL  Maybe some farther out will have more advice.  Good luck hope it gets better for you!
              LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat      RNY Maintenance

"Create your day"
loverofcats
on 5/25/11 7:31 am, edited 5/25/11 7:33 am
The same thing has happened to me. Yesterday, my trainer had me on the floor doing some ab work and I had to get a pad, so that I could do the exercise. Then today, my muscles were sore from weight training and I was trying to soak in Epsom salts, and boy was my butt sore trying to sit on that hard porcelain.

My butt is starting to tone up from the squats, hill climbing, lunges, leg presses, and other exercises that I have doing over the past 6 months, but in certain positions and surfaces, it is painful. Even with all the exercise, my butt flaps are still there, but I am starting to see some roundness on the top of my butt.

So, my recommendation would be to find some hills to walk, if your treadmill doesn't have an incline adjustment. Squats and lunges can be done with your own body weight. Climbing stairs would be great for your glutes and legs.
     "          
 LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat

(deactivated member)
on 5/25/11 7:50 am
 yep.  climb every stairwell U can ... never use the elevator. ( the REAL challenge is .. when U  have GROCERIES  ) Have U ever met  a person  who  lives in a fifth floorwalk up  who doesnt have an  A1  EXCELLENT    Azz? 

seriously  ... if U live in an apartment building and start walking Ur groceries up to Ur apartment  ..  watch Ur biceps  and butt  and core and shoulders  start to look amazing !  
Stacey N.
on 5/25/11 8:14 am - Chesapeake, VA
I will have to start doing lunges adn such, I live in a ranch style house. No stairs here.
I am seriously tired of the pain in my azzz LOL

HW-220 SW 205 4'11"

PamtasticNewLife
on 5/25/11 8:47 am
A ****yx cushion to sit on is your best bet when sitting anywhere. The cutout keeps pressure off your tailbone.

I broke and completely dislocated my tailbone a couple yrs ago. Leaning to the side on puts stress on your hip joints and back.

Hope you feel better.

Pam
Stacey N.
on 5/25/11 9:48 am - Chesapeake, VA
I broke mine 9 years ago when I was pregnant with my 3rd child. I had plenty of padding then and im wondering if it even healed properly.. I need to find this cushion or make one of my own

Thank you Pam :)
PamtasticNewLife
on 5/25/11 1:11 pm
You're Welcome just hope you can find something to give you comfort. I ordered my last ****yx pillow from amazon.
For me any help is better than none at all..

Take Care!
facethemusic
on 5/26/11 10:45 am
I broke mine giving birth to my first.  I totally feel your pain.  They've confirmed mine didn't heal properly so my 2nd was a c-section.  The ****yx cushions are great!  I've also noticed that when I'm sitting and it is sore if I lean a little forward it takes some of the pressure of my tailbone and gives me some relief.
 HW-240, SW-233, CW-158, GW 135 @ 5'3.5"
RNY April 2011, Reversal August 2011.  
I still have a pouch so I'm a hybrid.

(deactivated member)
on 5/26/11 11:28 pm
 if U guys are thinking of an inflatable cushion that looks like a donut   ( or one made out of  remember -foam ) all TA  truckstops  have a  huge variety ..

truckers LOVE pampering their SEATS    lol  !!  I guess Ud call their butt ( and their ability to sit on it  painlessly for HOURS on end )  their moneymaker ... 

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 309 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 434 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 498 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 519 views