Transformations (pics) & NSV's

Stacey N.
on 6/5/11 10:38 am - Chesapeake, VA
I am absolutely amazed at what this surgery has done for me. I attended my neices graduation this past weekend and decided to have a photo done to see for myself. I had many people walking past me not recognizing me and people taking triple takes (my BIL) because he has never seen me small, it was wonderful to hear how good I looked made me feel as if it really has been worth it.

I will say though that children only see you for who you really are and not your weight, I have not seen my nephew in 3 years, when I saw him walk in to the gym I jumped up and walked very swiftly to him, side stepped his father and looked hime in the eye he yelled "OMG AUNT STACEY" I HAVE MISSED YOU and gave me the biggest hug and kiss, I have missed these kids like you wouldnt believe. It really was great. Anyway I am rambling.....

Here is a Pic that was taken July 2010 (Surgery Aug 2010) This really is the picture that put it all into perspective for me... and the pic taken Saturday, I am very pleased.

HW-220 SW 205 4'11"

Price S.
on 6/5/11 10:44 am - Mills River, NC
It is amazing and you look wonderful.

I saw folks this past weekend that hadn't seen me in over a year and I had to introduce myself.  I caught them all weekend staring at me, like they couldn't believe it.  Me too.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

Stacey N.
on 6/5/11 10:47 am - Chesapeake, VA
It truly is a different feeling isnt it? It feels good but in a way scary too.

HW-220 SW 205 4'11"

loverofcats
on 6/5/11 11:00 am
What a wonderful transformation, Stacey!!! You look beautiful and healthy. Way to go!!!!

Sometimes, I have a difficult seeing myself as others see me now. It does take time for the head to catch up. It is scary. I never want to go back to where I was before I had WLS.

A co-worker said that I looked like a different person and I said, "I feel like a different person." You may feel the same way.

Gail
     "          
 LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat

Stacey N.
on 6/5/11 11:02 am - Chesapeake, VA
Gail, I do truly feel like a different person. Thank you :)

HW-220 SW 205 4'11"

lerkhart
on 6/5/11 11:00 am
Stacey, you look great!!!  Congratulations.
Linda
14.5 lost pre-surgery  5'1 1/2"                                      LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
Stacey N.
on 6/5/11 11:02 am - Chesapeake, VA
Thank you Linda :)

HW-220 SW 205 4'11"

Roz !!!!
on 6/5/11 11:24 am - Butler, PA
You look great Stacey!  You're right about kids not noticing.  My DGD is 11 1/2 so she would have just turned 9 when I had my surgery and she still insists I look the same and that I was never fat.

Roz

God is walking with me every step of the way. Because of HIM this is possible!!

RNY 10/15/2008 9+ Years!!!
Height: 4' 11" HW: 203 SW: 197 CW: 119
on Maintenance

aspan
on 6/5/11 11:44 am
I love it when people don't recognize me...I can see why people aren't recognizing you, You look fantastic! Your new self looks like a younger sister version of your old self...
HW: 260? SW: 242 Surgeons GW: 150 First GW: 140 Second GW: 130 CW: 122      
Kermit P.
on 6/5/11 12:54 pm
I love your transformation!  You really do look amazing!  Plus you have been a real trooper through the gall badder fiasco.  So glad you had a weekend where it was all worth it!

~~Jennifer

HW/232       CW/145.2       GW/???
Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 309 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 434 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 498 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 519 views