Did not forsee this

Stacey N.
on 7/5/11 2:49 am - Chesapeake, VA
DH's grandpa is, well soon is all I have to say. Now that I know, I find I am not hungry and dont want to eat or even drink. I am normally a stress eater, chocolate was my BEST friend. Input advice to get through this. I know I NEED to but will be alright living on protein drinks? Gonna be hard this one, he was grandpa's right hand man growing up.

HW-220 SW 205 4'11"

lerkhart
on 7/5/11 3:02 am
Stacey, I am so sorry your family is going to have to go through this.

I would think you would be ok on protein drinks for a little while.  Try to nibble on other protein or veggies as you feel you can.  Don't forget to take your vitamins and drink your fluids though.

Your family will be in my prayers.

Linda
14.5 lost pre-surgery  5'1 1/2"                                      LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
kelly_hope
on 7/5/11 3:24 am - Marysville, WA
I'm sorry as well. Like the above poster,  I would concentrate on what is going to keep you healthy. Get back to basics for now. Vitamins and protein. Keep it with you all the time and then you can concentrate on your family.

Best wishes.
 KELLY RNY  34yo 5'5" HW 288 SW 274 CW 188 GW 140

bancher
on 7/5/11 4:01 am - MA
 it's a difficult time for you.  do what you have to in order to stay healthy.  eating was the last thing i wanted to do when going thru the death of my son, and i know it'****ting you the same way.  yes, drink those protein drinks.  at least you will have something to keep up your strength.  my prayers are with you and your family during this difficult time.  he will be free of the pain of earthly life, it's those that have to go on that continue the fight.  hugs...
jenny
height 4' 11"   highest BMI 37  highest weight   207           curing my diabetes... priceless

G.I.Jane
on 7/5/11 4:28 am
Stacey,

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. This sucks for you I'm sure. Just stick with it on the protein and drinks and try to concentrate on eating right as much as you can. Getting stuck in the hospital won't help you to help your family through this. You take care of yourself first then you can take care of others.

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.
Unknown.

southernlady5464
on 7/5/11 4:42 am
Stacey, my prayers are with you and your family.

Liz

Duodenal Switch (Lap) 01-24-11 | Surgeon: Stephen Boyce | High weight: 250 in 2002 | Surgery weight: 203 | Lowest weight: 121 | Current weight: 135 | Goal weight: 135

hollykim
on 7/5/11 5:39 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
I agree with everyone else and send my sympathy as well
holly

Price S.
on 7/5/11 5:40 am - Mills River, NC
So sorry.  We are never as prepared as we think we are.  Prayers coming your way.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

bowknot
on 7/5/11 6:18 am
Losing someone is never easy!  {{{HUGS}}}
loverofcats
on 7/5/11 6:54 am
My thoughts and prayers are with you. Just get your protein and vitamins in.

Gail
     "          
 LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 304 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 428 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 491 views
Still kickin'...