How do you know and pain please help

Stacey N.
on 7/28/11 1:26 am - Chesapeake, VA
When you are done losing weight?
I know I obsess about it but am really finding it frustrating. I am still following plan, having trouble getting in more calories since I am working, but only because it seems as if my pouch has shrunk on me. Scale did see 125 2 weeks ago and then the next day went back to 127 and has held steady. I Know about slow downs and have suffered many stalls, but for some reason I truly feel that I am done but dont know how to verify it......

Next question, I am sure everyone remembers my GB episode (I know I sure as heck do) Well at the scar that my feeding tube was is ALWAYS hurting. I kinda figured by now it would stop. There are exceptions to this pain though, if I am wearing my shapewear and everything is held in, I have no problems, if not, OWIE it hurts bad. Turning, lifting, driving, walking, you get the idea...Could this be the excess skin pulling at it? Or  could it just be the scar tissue (it really is a nasty looking scar).... I ahve called to see about seeing my surgeon again and of course they have no appointments, have to call again Friday and hope I can get in sometime in September. Thinking about seeing my PCM about it...Thoughts ideas ANYONE???

HW-220 SW 205 4'11"

Price S.
on 7/28/11 3:16 am - Mills River, NC
I can't help with the second question but boy can I relate to the first.  I could have written it.  I did drop to 120 for 2 days but have bounced back to 122 for the past 2 weeks.  When I look back over my Sunday numbers, I did lose 3 lbs in July, but after my bounce back, it was only 1.  I guess I may be done.  I have certainly exceeded my goal of 140, surgeons goal of 130 and desire to get to normal BMI 124.  I'd kind of like to drop in the 110s a little.  I'm not planning on changing anything but it would be nice to know if this is it. 

I remember Brenda saying she thought she was done, then I think she lost another 5 or so lbs.  I could stand that.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

ahleeeshah
on 7/29/11 5:45 am
Hijack!

You weren't in Greenville yesterday, were you? I saw someone that looked like you at Nutrition Solutions!

Price S.
on 7/29/11 6:54 am - Mills River, NC
Well, I wasn't there but I'm sure it was another cute skinny lady.  LOL

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

loverofcats
on 7/28/11 3:43 am
For the pain issue, have your PCM look at it. Then, if he thinks your surgeon should look at it, perhaps a referral from him can get you in sooner.

As far as whether or not, you are finished losing, I think it is too soon to tell. With a malabsorptive surgery, the honeymoon period is 18-24 months, so you are well within those parameters. I think, keep doing what you're doing, make sure you are getting enough calories (more than 800/day), and change up your exercise routine by increasing the frequency and intensity. I found those things to work for me. The weight loss definitely slows down to a crawl, because there is less of a calorie deficit and the body is great at adapting to cir****tances and doesn't have to work as hard.

One month I lost only 2 lbs, the next month was about 3.5 lbs, and then I stopped, but I also increased my calories for maintenance. Since mid-April, I have been maintaining between 108-110 by tracking my calories faithfully using an online tracker. I also exercise about 4-6 times/week, including 2 full hours of strength training/week with a trainer. The past  few weeks to a month, I have added in a few TRX and Spin classes. I am also walking at lunch about 4 days/weeks. Sometimes, if I don't go to the gym, I'll ride my bike for about an hour or take a long walk up and hills in my neighborhood. The walks are about 3.5-5.6 miles in length. I haven't done the walks for few weeks, so I'll probably add at least one in this weekend. All of this has helped me to maintain my weight within this range, and when it was creeping up, I backed down about 100-150cal/day, and increased my exercise frequency and intensity. This seems to be working so far.

When I was about 6-8 lbs from my goal of 110, the dietician said to keep my calories between 1100-1150. This was based upon the amount of exercise that I was doing at that time. She said that I should lose about 0.5-1.0 lb/week. She was right. The weight came off. I also think that I have developed more muscle mass, which is helping my metabolism.

Currently, I am eating about 1200-1300-1400-1500 cal/day. Occasionally, the calories will creep up a bit, but I keep an eye on it, through the daily monitoring and weighing myself. I keep my protein up to at least 100 gr/day, and my carbs average about 90-100/day. The carbs are from dairy, veggies, a little fruit, and a whole-wheat/grain crispbread. I don't eat potatoes, rice, or pasta. Occasionally, I'll have a little sweet potato or yam.

I don't think you are finished. The weight loss has just slowed and for it to move, you need to change things up.

I am 4'11 and 57 years young.

Gail
     "          
 LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat

Kiminey65
on 7/28/11 11:51 am
RNY on 10/25/10 with
I am with you on this one Stacy. Not knowing when your weight will stabalize. At 9 months out, I am well below my personal goal of 130#. I trickle downward and thought I was finally done losing when I hit 126# then within a few days, was back up to 127 or even 128#. This continued for almost 2 weeks, when I weighed myself a few days ago, and BAM! I was 124.6 then the next day 123.4!

I am elated not to be gaining so soon from reaching my goal, but I also don't want to get so small that I look "drawn" (I like my current thinness though).

I can see that maintenance is a slippery slope! Good luck reaching your goals. I think the suggestion of changing things up might help.

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 303 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 428 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 490 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 509 views