Fridays Just for FUN!!!

Stacey N.
on 9/1/11 10:20 pm - Chesapeake, VA

Just to have some fun today lets just give 5  facts about ourselves....Can be anything share only what YOU want to share.

1. I have 4 children, 1 girl (18) 3 boys, (14,8 &6)
2. I might complain but I love being a Navy Wife!
3. I had WLS to save my life.
4.I am now addicted to protein coffees ( Thank you Gina & Jody) This morning it is pumpkin spice YUMMMM
5. Halloween is my ULTIMATE favorite holiday!!! 

I am going one further and will add that I still wish there were mor Harry Potter books, I love the way my imagination works when I read them

What about you, what do you want to share.......

HW-220 SW 205 4'11"

Mrs.M
on 9/2/11 12:14 am
I'll play..

1. I adopted my daughter when she was 8 and I was a single mom
2. I met my husband online and got married for the first (and only) time at 50  And for those of you who hear that constant comment "you'll find someone when you stop looking" don't believe it!  I never stopped.
3  My MIL is an Auschwitz survivor who will be 90 next week.  I learn so much about strength, humor and living life from her.
4. I have a bucket list of things to do and places to see.  It's good to dream!  Next on my list is to go hot air ballooning.
5.Except for the wrinkles and age spots and muscle aches I wouldn't trade getting older for anything.

And I also loved the Harry Potter series.   I bonded with my daughter over the books.  Now my husband and I bond over the movies.

Next...
Janet

2nd_Chance_Chick
on 9/2/11 12:20 am
1. I love adventure. Motorcycles,water crafts,I like to ride the first car of all thrilling roller coasters and will wait unitl I can. No second car for me.

2. I have children.

3. I am my own person. I do not follow the latest of what's hot. I mix my fashions. Some days I'm a sweats and ponytail gal,some days *****y(usually the case and age appropriate),some days I'm dressy. Church is another story, I am dressed to the nine's. I told my children that slaves dressed in there very best of whatever they had and that this is part of our culture. If you can dress for other events, we can be presentable in the house of God.

4.I love the color purple but cannot stand lavender scents. I only have several pieces of clothes that are purple. I don't like the color orange and barely care for green.

5. I looked into wls because i was told my PCP that, it may help to assist with hypothyroidism. I did'nt think that I would qualify because of my weight at 200 but I did and YES, it is working. I've lost 15 pounds since my surgery 8/25.

I know what i'm doing,I have it all planned-plans to give you the future you hope for.Jeremiah 29:11(The Message)

With God's Will, I was approved!

paranoidmother21
on 9/2/11 2:10 am - Lake Zurich, IL
Stacey - do a google search for Cassandra Clare's fan fics for Harry Potter - I found them very well written.  She is now a published author in her own right, but those were my introduction to her as she was learning her craft.

As far as 5 things about me - hmmm...

1. married for 33 years to the same guy.  We used to say that whoever asked for the divorce had to take DD (who was/is high maintenance).  Now we say we think about divorce never, but murder frequently.  Still, we're fortunate to rarely argue (but do respectfully disagree), and still love each other madly.

2. I'm a gear-head.  We have a sport cruiser FAST boat (had it up to 58 mph on the lake one day last week, and it wasn't at top speed) that is also loud, and I drive a Mustang GT convertible that is lime green with charcoal glitter rally stripes.  We take both my car and DH's 1965 Corvette big-block coupe to car shows when we're not on the boat.

3. when we're not on the boat or at a car show we're camping.  Or pseudo camping as the case may be.  We use a truck camper that has AC, toilet, TV, stove, fridge... all the comforts of home squeezed into 8x15.

4. I love inappropriate fashions.  I love to get low-rise jeans, fitted t-shirts, rude comment t-shirts, short skirts.  But I keep the inappropriate to family, and dress my age for work.

5. I have to have music.  If I'm working on paperwork, I'm either on Pandora or have the iPod going.  At home, it's the same.  If I can't have it on, it's playing in my head anyway.  As a child, I played piano and cello, and sang.  One of these days I'll get back to singing with Sweet Adelines (womein's barbershop chorus, competitive).  I just need to find time!
Rebecca
Circumferential LBL, anchor TT, BL/BR, brachioplasty 12-16-10 Drs. Howard and Gutowski

Thigh lift 3-24-11, Drs. Howard and Gutowski again!
Height 5' 5".  Start point 254.  DH's goal: 154.  My guess: 144.  Insurance goal: 134.  Currently bouncing around 130-135.

lerkhart
on 9/2/11 3:13 am
1.  I have 2 children, Girl and boy.  Both grown and married.  Both have daughters so I have two beautiful granddaughters that are both 2 1/2 years old. 

2.  DH and I have been married 33 years(we knew each other for 4 months when we got married-no one thought it would last).

3.  I love to read and work at my dream job at a library!!  I have three years until retirement.  DH retired 2 years ago.

4.  I teach 5 year old Sunday School and have for almost 30 years(only taking very short breaks ocassionally).  It is so neat to see some of them all grown up now with families of their own.

5.  We have a min-daschuand named Willie(we call him Little Willie).  He is our baby now and is so very spoiled.

Linda
14.5 lost pre-surgery  5'1 1/2"                                      LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
jspencer1014
on 9/2/11 6:44 am - Riverdale, GA
1. I have 5 furry babies that I spoil like crazy. All were rescues, 3 Chihuahuas (Midnight, Baby Girl and Gizmo; Wiley, a rat terrier/Chihuahua mix that's 19 years old (at least), And Bruno, our 100 pound American Bulldog.

2. I have 3 non furry babies. Patrick,21; Ryan,20; and Alicia, 17

3.I love to read, but I lean more towards murder mystery/suspense than romance.

4. I broke my hip, fractured my pelvis and broke 2 vertebrae in my back in an accident when I was in the Army.

5.My husband and I have been married a year. Our anniversary is May 21. 

"It's not what is taken from you that counts. It's what you do with what you have left."-Hubert Humphrey

Ladytazz
on 9/2/11 6:46 am
1. I have 5 children.  A boy we adopted when he was 2 months old, he is going to be 29 in 10 days, a 26 year old son, a 24 year old daughter, a girl who will be 20 in Nov and a 16 year old girl.
2. I have 4 granddaughters that I am crazy about.  Kamiya is 5, Cassidy is 4, Kaci is 2 and Sophia is 1.  They are my heart.  I would love a grandson but my son and his wife have been having trouble conceiving.
3. My middle daughter was in special education and couldn't read at 10 years old until she found Harry Potter.  She read that big book in days and all the others and by the time she was in middle school they took her off her IEP.
4. I have 4 dogs.  I had 2 for years, JJ and Tazzie.  They are purebred Chihuahuas and had several litters of puppies.  I thought she was done having puppies when she had another litter at 8 years old.  I had promised my kids we would keep one of her last puppies so we kept Princess and gave Pepper to my middle daughter who was on her own at the time.  She wound up moving back home for a while and brought Pepper with her and when she moved out again Pepper stayed so now we have 4.  JJ has congestive heart failure and was given a year to live and that was over a year and a half ago so I appreciate all the time I have with him.
5. I have been with my boyfriend off and on for 16 years.  After the first few years I broke up with him because he wouldn't make a commitment and I married another guy.  That didn't work out and after I left him I went back to my boyfriend.  We broke up several more times over the commitment issue until I realized that I really didn't want to get married again, either.  I realized how good I had it, not having to cook and clean for another person and having someone who loves me and didn't make and demands from me.  He treats me great and we get along good and I don't know if we would get along so good if we lived together and had to deal with finances, raising teens and all the other issues that come with being married/living together.  I do think that one day, after my daughter is on her own, we may eventually live together but I'm not in any hurry.  My daughter is my first priority, over him and he knows it and wants it that way.  I grew up with a step father and it was terrible and I am glad my daughter won't have to deal with those issues.  Anyway, we have been together without breaking up for over 4 years now.  

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

MajorMom
on 9/2/11 7:46 am - VA
1. My hubby and I met on a blind date. I needed a date for a military function and his sister set us up. He had more hair than my entire class and that included the other female cadet and me. We've been married 30 years.

2. I'm a Trekkie and a Harry Potter nut. I would love to read more HP books too.

3. I flunked German twice and Calculus once in college.

4. I can't spell or type...I took drafting rather than typing in high school. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

5. I have a Masters degree in Public Administration and can smell a bureaucrat from a mile away without my glasses. (mixed metaphor intended)

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Price S.
on 9/2/11 8:12 am - Mills River, NC
1.  You all know my heart is with my ponies and donkeys.  I ride or drive everyday I can and my favorite place to be is in my barn with my creatures.  My newest love is camping with my ponies at places I can drive. 

2.  DH and I were meant to be together. We were set up by 2 different people when we were in college.  That was 40 yrs ago.  We are night and day but love each other and have 2 wonderful grown children.  DS is develpmentally disabled, lives in a group home but comes home every weekend to play golf and bowl with his dad.  DD is a college professor.

3.  DS led me into a career in mental health and developemental disablities.  I have my own business that I run from my home that allows me to play with my ponies and garden.  I've worked in this field for 35 yrs.

4.  My WLS was so I could have my life back.  I am right at a year out, have lost 103lbs and everytime I think I am done, I lose some more.  I'm off my CPAC and all meds but 1 BP med which I think my PCP will take away at our next meeting next month.

5.  My degrees are in crafts.  I spin, sew, knit,  love crafts but that comes after my ponies.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 304 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 428 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 491 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 509 views