Done Losing????

cheermonkeysmom
on 10/2/11 6:53 am - Smithsburg, MD

So my hubby and I went to see our surgeon on Friday for our 6 month check up, ok so we are a little late and she is very busy so limited scheduling. Anyway, she was very impressed and pleased with our losses to date. My husband has lost 136 lbs since 1/12/11 and I have lost about 93 lbs since 2/15/11. We are very pleased with out progress so far. Anyway, she told us that we were probably done losing at this point because of how much we have lost and not to really expect anything more to come off. Now don't get me wrong, we are both very happy to be where we are, but I really was hoping to lose my 3 lbs I need to get to my goal and then a few more to allow for any "bounce back" and my hubby was hoping to get down to about 200 lbs to allow for a few pounds of "bounce back" as well. He still has about 20lbs to get there, I am thinking more lbs for me. I know our weight loss has really slowed down the last few weeks, been bouncing a few lbs for the last several weeks, but figured we were at a stall and maybe actually need to increase our calorie intake. But I was a little upset to think that we might be done ALREADY. Everything that I have read here and in our books say weight loss continues until about 18 months. What is your opinion, can we really be done losing? I love where I am but was really hoping that where I am now is where I would be once my bounce back hits. Any advice or support that you may have would be great.

Highest Weight - 220/ Date of Surgery - 194/ Goal Weight - 125 CW 122  2nd Goal - 115

MajorMom
on 10/2/11 7:09 am - VA
Only 6 months into this, yeah, you can lose some more. Increase your protein, fluids and do some kind of exercise everyday. It took me 11 months to get to goal and it was very slow the last 6 months but it did come off. Hang tough!

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Stacey N.
on 10/2/11 8:46 am - Chesapeake, VA
I would think you still have plenty of time. I am 13 mo out and still have not made it to my goal but I am only 3 pounds away from there. you will get there definately!

HW-220 SW 205 4'11"

aspan
on 10/2/11 8:50 am
You can loose more for sure...it will be slower but follow Gina's advice and you will get there.
HW: 260? SW: 242 Surgeons GW: 150 First GW: 140 Second GW: 130 CW: 122      
Price S.
on 10/2/11 9:29 am - Mills River, NC
I have kept my protein over 100, carbs around 30 net, gotten in my fluids, 4 meals a day and 2 shakes and I am still losing.  Everytime I think I am done, I lose some more.  Just keep on keeping on.  I'm just losing a couple of pounds a month but every pound counts.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

cheermonkeysmom
on 10/2/11 11:25 am - Smithsburg, MD
How do you manage to keep your carbs so low? When tracking mine, I can sometimes go over 100 carbs for the day. Now they aren't "bad" carbs. I have been taking advantage of the fresh fruits while they are abundant and cheaper and drinking at least 1 cup, sometimes 2 cups of skim milk a day. But with all the fruit that I eat some days, it really pushes that carb number up.
 Highest Weight - 220/ Date of Surgery - 194/ Goal Weight - 125 CW 122  2nd Goal - 115

Price S.
on 10/2/11 12:14 pm - Mills River, NC
I usually post daily on miles and menus but didn't while I was gone this past weekend and won't Tues-Sun this next week when I am gone again.  but if you look back, you can see what I am eating.  Not much fruit at all, cheese but no milk.  I have soymilk if any.  I do have veggies 2-3x a day but no starchy ones except beans.  Low carb wraps are my main bread and that is only a few times a week.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

ruxanby
on 10/2/11 10:06 am
At 6 mo out I would say no way are you done.  Do what Gina said.  I am 18 mo out and am still losing very slow but still losing!  I don't think you will have a problem.
Sheri F.   
LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat

cheermonkeysmom
on 10/2/11 11:21 am - Smithsburg, MD
Thanks everyone for the support and advice. I guess as long as the scale holds steady I will be good. I am thinking that I might need to up my calories a bit to kick start the losing again. I guess over the next few weeks I will just have to "play" around and see what happens on the scale. I appreciate the responses and the support

lerkhart
on 10/3/11 1:52 am
Congratulations on your success so far.

I doubt that you are done either.  Just stick to the rules and I bet you will drop that 3 plus some more.  I actually lost some this past week and I am 2+ years out.  It is a lot slower now, but can be done.

I use the Hood Calorie Count Down 2% Milk and it has a lot less carbs in it. 

Linda
14.5 lost pre-surgery  5'1 1/2"                                      LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 292 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 419 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 478 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 498 views