OT...Way off topic Really Hard Week

Eliza55
on 10/8/11 8:06 am - PA
Julie
All I can say is find a way to get you and your family safe.  The rest will work itself out. 
Take Care
Eliza
Consult:239   SW:217  1mo:195  2mo:182  3mo:169   6mo:139  9mo GOAL CW: +2 from underweight

jspencer1014
on 10/8/11 10:44 am - Riverdale, GA
Thanks Eliza! I'm doing my best to keep us safe and hopefully everything else will work out.
"It's not what is taken from you that counts. It's what you do with what you have left."-Hubert Humphrey

Renee2be
on 10/8/11 1:06 pm - NC
Take sometime on the internet to learn some self defense moves,  just enough to give you a chance to run.   You are in a horrible situation and i hope you can convince your mother to leave. 

Be safe and i will be praying for you,  went through an abusive relationship as a much younger woman.  there is help and away out. 

Remember to keep your head in al situations, do not let fear take over,  sometimes your wits are your only andd best defense.  

AnneGG
on 10/9/11 1:22 am
Julie, I'm so proud of you and your strength and what you are doing to take care of yourself and your mom! You are a woman with grit and courage!

One of my favorite sayings- "Illegitimum non carborundum est!" Latin for- "Don't let the *******s grind you down!"

You keep fighting, hear? Just think- you're unloading double weight!

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls the butterfly." Richard Bach

"Support fosters your growth. If you are getting enough of the right support, you will experience a major transformation in yourself. You will discover a sense of empowerment and peace you have never before experienced. You will come to believe you can overcome your challenges and find some joy in this world." Katie Jay

seaview
on 10/9/11 1:29 am

By not leaving your mom is not being a good mother to YOU nor is she protecting YOU.
She is placing you at risk of death by her stubborness...I don't know if this is something
she has done throughout your life but she is certainly doing it now. Perhaps she minimizes the risk
because of her own history .
 NO ONE is going to protect you except yourself. 
I am sure you would not stick around if your children were at risk no matter how old they were or
how sick you were.
 So I say get out regardless...
 I know these are harsh words but I have worked with battered women and have seen them die
 You are aware of how dangerous your husband is and not in denial about it like so many can be.
 But your mother is being stubborn and placing you at risk which is really neglectful of you and your
children who still need a mother...
 I realize that this is not the forum for this and I don't want to anger you with my words or be presumptuous about your mom...
 Best wishes.
SEAVIEW
Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 304 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 428 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 491 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 510 views