Shopping thread

Price S.
on 10/13/11 9:25 am - Mills River, NC
Ok guys and ladies, we haven't had a shopping thread in a long time and the seasons are changing.  Who can't wear last winter's clothes?????  Just about everyone who is a year out or less I bet.

I actually was shopping for summer clothes today.  DH and I are cruising next week and my summer stuff is all falling off me.  So I went to the Dillards outlet and found 3 pair of capris, 2 tops, one long skirt and top to wear at night on the cruise.  Not their 60%off and anther 70
% off like I find sometimes but the prices were good enoght.  And the capris were all size 4.  Amazing. I don't even think they made 4s when I was a teenager and I haven't been this size since then.

Who else has been shopping????

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

Stacey N.
on 10/13/11 9:39 am, edited 10/12/11 9:41 pm - Chesapeake, VA
I actually have had no choice in that area LOL.
I found a really nice light weight jacket at a consighment shop and then this poas weekend YARD SALES! The Methodist Church was having their annual one and boy did I make out on it, got 3 ls shirts,5 t shirts (I wear them all yr long),jeans and shorts for my DS#1, 3 shirts for DS#'s 2&3 and a few things for my DD. I didnt want to dig through the bags to talley up how much I owed so I gave them 20 bucks and they were good with that. All proceeds went to the church anyway. I was very happy about it!

Forgot to add that all my shirts were a small to medium...When given a choice I always go for a medium, I hate tight shirts

HW-220 SW 205 4'11"

aspan
on 10/13/11 10:27 am
I need to go shopping again. My medium coat that was a little snug on me last year on purpose so I could wear again this year is way too big lol. Need some sweaters too. Hello goodwill!
HW: 260? SW: 242 Surgeons GW: 150 First GW: 140 Second GW: 130 CW: 122      
Price S.
on 10/14/11 9:02 am - Mills River, NC
I found everything but a coat at thrift stores.  The coat I had to buy new but it will last me a while.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

lerkhart
on 10/13/11 10:57 am
I went shopping today with my DD and DGD#2 and got a pair of brown boots 1/2 price and a pair of black slip on shoes also 1/2 price.  Two pairs of shoes for the price of 1!!

Last week I got a pair of kaki's and I finally found a bra that I liked and was comfortable from Walmart - Fruit of the Loom - who would have thought it.  I had tried on a bunch at Victoria's Secret and Belks with no luck.  I also got some new underwear - mine were falling off.

Shopping is my new favorite thing to do - just wish I had unlimited funds to do it with!!

Price, hope you have a great time on your cruise next week.  Can't wait to see pictures!!

Linda
14.5 lost pre-surgery  5'1 1/2"                                      LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
Price S.
on 10/13/11 11:24 am - Mills River, NC
thanks.  It was DH's idea and we do so little together between his golf and my ponies that I said yes.  I wasn't particularly happy about it but am starting to like the idea.

cheermonkeysmom
on 10/13/11 1:18 pm - Smithsburg, MD
Have a great time on your cruise. I want to do one of those someday, guess when the kids are all grown and have moved on.
 Highest Weight - 220/ Date of Surgery - 194/ Goal Weight - 125 CW 122  2nd Goal - 115

Price S.
on 10/14/11 9:03 am - Mills River, NC
thanks.  We went years ago on a cruise and it was fun.  Hopefully this one will be too.

southernlady5464
on 10/13/11 9:30 pm
Well, dh and I are both replacing wardrobes. And in spite of the great clearance prices on summer stuff, I am not going for that as who knows what I will be by next summer???

Anyway, we have an Amvets thrift store just about 1.5 miles away and I am able to get 25% off based on my military ID card which had been saved but in the dresser drawer. The card expired EONS ago but still proves my service which is all THEY want.

We also hit one of the Goodwill's in the area...I've gotten a number of tops, mostly small's and mediums now. I've gotten some cords for this fall...can't find a black pair but got a brown, tan, and a blue pair. And got some lightweight jackets. I saw a beautiful leather jacket at Amvets and had it not been a tight week this week, I would have gotten it...maybe it will still be there when I can go back.

Finding clothes (esp pants) is hard enough for me...downright impossible for dh and his shirts/jackets are all smalls now. We actually have to order those online unless he gets lucky. We both had the 3 in 1 type Columbia jackets...both of them are far too big now and I hated giving those up. Actually they were practically the only jackets we moved south with from Michigan.

Liz

Duodenal Switch (Lap) 01-24-11 | Surgeon: Stephen Boyce | High weight: 250 in 2002 | Surgery weight: 203 | Lowest weight: 121 | Current weight: 135 | Goal weight: 135

Price S.
on 10/13/11 9:38 pm - Mills River, NC
I had been buying fall/winter clothes all summer at the thrift stores so I have a pretty good waredrobe of tops but the cords I bought are all 6s and some are really big.  I was going to wait to buy summer stuff next year but with the cruise, I couldn't wait.  I bought limited (3 outfits) which I hope will still fit next spring.
I replaced my 3-1 type coat already from Dover.  Now it is an XS.  And it is plenty big to get a sweatshirt or sweater under.  Who'd guessed.

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 308 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 431 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 497 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 515 views