My first potluck in our new neighborhood...any ideas?

melizabeth
on 11/3/11 12:20 am - CA
We moved into our new small gated community right after I had surgery (6 wks).  We will be attending our first monthly potluck at the clubhouse.  I'm excited about meeting new neighbors and making some new friends.  Ham, turkey, mashed potatoes and gravy will be provided.  Do you have any favorite side dish and/or dessert recipes that you would like to share with me.  I know there's a recipe thread but I really want to hear from all of you.

Melizabeth

RYN 9/20/11--HW 211--CW120--Extended TT 3/7/13   

GOAL Weight 120 met 18 months post op

Mara C.
on 11/3/11 1:08 am - Millbury, MA
A few that are standing out right now are, chicken wings, deviled eggs, taco salad.  For desserts, you could do that pumpkin cheesecake recipe that's been floating around that I STILL haven't made but hear it's really good.  I am going to make it for Thanksgiving I think and before that to test it out for a jewelry party I am hosting.
              LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat      RNY Maintenance

"Create your day"
melizabeth
on 11/3/11 9:58 am - CA
Mara,  I should of remembered that pumpkin cheese cake recipe that everyone's been talking about.  Thanks for reminding me about it.

Melizabeth

italianspice
on 11/3/11 1:11 am - Eastlake, OH

I will usually bring something that I know I can have too. I love roasted brussel sprouts, easy to make and travel with.
I buy the pound bag of sprouts, rinse and trim the ends, cut in half the ones that are large. Mix with a couple of tablespoons of good olive oil and a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Place on baking sheet. Bake at 350 until roasted, about 30 to 40 minutes depending on the size of the sprouts. I love to get them all brown and toasty!
Mashed cauliflower is another favorite of mine. I buy a bag of frozen cauliflower simmer it in chicken stoc****il very soft, pour off extra liquid. Mash with a little butter, salt and pepper. If you search it up, there alot of variations with sour cream and such. I like to keep it simple. Or mix with a little greek yogurt.
For dessert, I like to bring fruit salad. I did bake an apple pie for our last gathering, but didnt have any.

~Maria

SW 230 Preop 205 GW 130 LW 131 CW 135 Ht 5'1"

melizabeth
on 11/3/11 10:00 am - CA

My husband LOVES roasted brussel sprouts and they're easy to make.  I'm likin' this idea.

Melizabeth

Roz !!!!
on 11/3/11 1:22 am - Butler, PA
Super easy and always a hit.  Layer of Angel Food cake, pudding, and cool whip. 

Everyone loves my yams too but I don't have the recipe at work.  If you haven't found anything else and you are interested let me know.

Roz

God is walking with me every step of the way. Because of HIM this is possible!!

RNY 10/15/2008 9+ Years!!!
Height: 4' 11" HW: 203 SW: 197 CW: 119
on Maintenance

melizabeth
on 11/3/11 10:05 am - CA
Roz, how many times do you cut the angel food cake, how many layers 2 or 3?  Are you talking about the bundt size of angel food cake or a loaf?  Do you use the SF pudding or the pie/cooking one?  How many boxes.  Sounds light and fluffy and EASY.  Thank you for your help.

Melizabeth

Roz !!!!
on 11/4/11 4:24 am - Butler, PA
We just rip off pieces and place them all over the bottom of the pan, instant pudding, cool whip.  I use 1 large and 1 small for a 9x12 pan.

Just one layer of each.  I get requests for it all of the time.  I usually make chocolate but you could use any flavor.

Roz

God is walking with me every step of the way. Because of HIM this is possible!!

RNY 10/15/2008 9+ Years!!!
Height: 4' 11" HW: 203 SW: 197 CW: 119
on Maintenance

lerkhart
on 11/3/11 2:23 am
I made the Marble Pumpkin Cheesecake that Liz posted on one of Gina's post a week or two ago and it was delicious.  Everyone that tried it loved it.

I love green beans and they are very easy.

Have fun!!

Linda
14.5 lost pre-surgery  5'1 1/2"                                      LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
melizabeth
on 11/3/11 10:06 am - CA

Linda, I think I bookmarked that recipe.  Thanks for the reminder.

Melizabeth

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 303 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 427 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 487 views
Still kickin'...