thanks.

KIMMIKAK1119
on 6/4/12 8:12 am
i normally only weigh 1 time per week, but weighed daily on this just to see if i was going to go down past the weigh area that i have been going up and down in for past 12 weeks.

the average would still be, if i figured it correctly, no weight loss.

KIMMIKAK                                                 
southernlady5464
on 6/4/12 7:19 am
Welcome to the LW board.

The 5 day pouch test isn't designed for those of us with sleeves (DS'ers have them too). And it typically doesn't work for us.

And drinking with a meal is a RNY rule...we still have our pylorus and can drink with meals if we want to, I always have something handy to sip while eating. I don't take big gulps but I do sip.

And I stalled for over 6 months before starting to lose again...I just kept eating the way I should and it did finally budge. One way to help is to up the amount of protein...you may need 100 grams, you may need more...some sleever's/ds'ers need as much as 200 grams a day. As for your nut, YOU live in your body not her...find what works for you. If more meals and more protein works better...go for it.

As for fluids, make sure it's a minimum of 64 oz.

As someone else mentioned, daily weight can fluctuate but tracking once a week or once a month makes the trend easier to see. Also are you measuring yourself...once a month is best...and months you don't lose weight, most of us have still lost inches.

Liz

Duodenal Switch (Lap) 01-24-11 | Surgeon: Stephen Boyce | High weight: 250 in 2002 | Surgery weight: 203 | Lowest weight: 121 | Current weight: 135 | Goal weight: 135

KIMMIKAK1119
on 6/4/12 8:18 am
hadn't heard before that the 5 day pouch test was not for sleeves...that is new news to me...so thank you for sharing that....

by the way, where did you get that info from?  just curious as i thought i had researched it thoroughly enough prior to doing it...just so hard to find all the necessary info that is out there.

i also never drink with my meals.  my bariatric doctor, his p.a., the nutritionist, and the nurse, as well as all the paperwork i got said not to drink 30 minutes prior or 30 minutes after eating.

i don't measure myself, as the way my clothes fit has always been the gauge for me as far as inch loss is concerned, and right now there is no difference in my clothes.

i usually always get my fluids in, and for the rule i usually get way more in than the 64 oz.

like now, it is only 5 pm and i already have the 64 in and still drinking. 

i will not give up, but is still frustrating none the less.

i appreciate all the input i am getting....

thanks.
  KIMMIKAK                                                 
southernlady5464
on 6/4/12 8:27 am
It's called the 5 day pouch test for a reason...it's for pouches...you have a sleeve not a pouch.

Also, the rule about drinking is for RNY patients and your doctor, his PA, the nut and the nurse are all giving you the RNY rules...those are the rules they are use to and figure everyone has to folow them. Well, we all don't have the same surgery so the same rules can't apply to each one.

The reason for not drinking with a pouch is there is no pyloris to slow food down. Sleever's (and DS'er's) still have theirs and it naturally slows food down. If a RNY'er drinks, it turns the food into mush and it slides right thru to the intestines...yours is stopped naturally the way it was prior to surgery...by the phyloris at the bottom end of your stomach.

Clothes are a decent way to measure but did you know that as the sizes get larger, there is more weight required to lose to get between sizes? We always suggest measurements, esp for those months when the scale isn't moving...it helps mentally.

Good for you for getting at least 64 oz every day.

Liz

Duodenal Switch (Lap) 01-24-11 | Surgeon: Stephen Boyce | High weight: 250 in 2002 | Surgery weight: 203 | Lowest weight: 121 | Current weight: 135 | Goal weight: 135

KIMMIKAK1119
on 6/4/12 10:11 am
thanks again, but the rules they gave me were stricktly for the sleeve surgery...they do each of their rules separately but give you all the sheets at first for you to look over as you are deciding which surgery you want.

i went back through my stuff, and sure enough, the no drinking is for my sleeve....as well as each visit, phone call, etc, that i have had, we discuss being sure to not drink 30 minutes before or 30 minutes after.

i uess maybe each doctor might have come to some of their own ways of doing it by trial and error with their individual patients.

and yes, i knew about the size thing, and maybe, with age, everything else has changed for me as well, so maybe measurements would work...but what i was talking about were the clothes i am wearing now and have been wearing...there is no change in how they fit.  is that what you are referring to also? 

thanks.
  KIMMIKAK                                                 
southernlady5464
on 6/4/12 10:46 am
I got a set of rules from my surgeon that said DS at the top...but I got a copy of the RNY rules from the same surgeon from a friend...same rules, just renamed.

Yes and no to the size thing....the measuring tape gives a far more accurate indication of how much you have lost.

If not drinking with a meal is not an issue...that's great...I knew I could not do it which is why I got a similar surgery...just had the malabsorptive component added...my stomach is the same.

Liz

KIMMIKAK1119
on 6/4/12 11:58 am
i guess we all have a slightly different journey...as i have been told by so many different people and so many different stories.

i think i will do the measure thing and see what happens.

until then, i will just keep trying.

i knew i wouldn't have the problem not drinking with my meals when they told me not to, so i am thankful that has not been a problem for me...but i guess it could be something to think about to see if it changes anything for me.  with me, who knows.  i am usually the one in a million that has a fruity story...lol

i so appreciate all the info so many have been giving me....i will keep it all in mind and just do what i know to do i guess.

i know i have some of the weight in excess loose skin, which is something i hate.  never had loose skin before now so it is a whole new thing for me to deal with.

i have always been pretty muscular, which has always been a plus for me, but it doesn't matter when you have so much skin hanging...lol

talk to you soon i hope, and congrats on your journey...looks like you are almost there!!!!  

KIMMIKAK                                                 
KIMMIKAK1119
on 6/4/12 10:05 am
I got a message from southernlady5464 but i can't read it all and when i try to click on message to read it, it doesn't show up.
southernlady5464, If you would re-send i would appreciate it.

thanks.
southernlady5464
on 6/4/12 10:47 am
Didn't send any message except thru my posts here...not sure what is going on...gremlins in the system????

Liz

KIMMIKAK1119
on 6/4/12 11:53 am
lol...more than likely yes those pesty gremlins...lol 

KIMMIKAK                                                 
Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 317 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 438 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 501 views