Survived Christmas, but still trying to get this figured out...

6penningtons
on 12/27/12 3:34 am - MO
DS on 12/12/12

Needless to say, when we traveled to visit family last week, I was still feeling really crummy.  Lots of pain, no energy, and not able to eat anything....of course the family thought there must be something seriously wrong with me. It was tough seeing them worry, but still not able to tell them about my surgery, although it was tempting.  So, I am 2 weeks out now, and have lots 24 pounds...I CAN'T believe it!  I figured being a lightweight, that it would come off much slower, but I am thrilled none the less.  I am having a really tough time getting in my fluids, not to mention the protein and vitamins.  Drinking hurts for some reason.  As soon as I swallow I feel it travel down my back, into the top of my stomach and then it just feels like a giant bubble sitting there for 10 seconds.  Then the pain in gone.  But it is enough to make me leery of drinking.  I have found that a totally flat Sprite Zero over ice, seems to go down better than anything. Swallowing pills is tough, and I get choked or sick which is really abnormal for me.  Then there is the whole eating thing...I have had to sort of bypass the soft food phase because it all made me sick.  Finally just started listening to the totally weird cravings that I am having, and those things seem to go down, and stay down. I've never had cravings...even when pregnant, but I am having them now.  Weird things, like melted cheddar cheese?!?  I may only have two or three bites, but it feels good to have something in my tummy.  Of course, the next day the very thought of cheese makes me want to yak.  This does get better right?!?!?! 

Age: 34; Ht: 5'2; High Wt: 190; Goal Wt: 120; DS by Dr. Lopez 12/12/12

Huneypie
on 12/27/12 4:48 am - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12
You're really early out, don't worry about protein or vites too much at the month. Focus on fluids. If you still can't do vites in another of weeks go for the Vitalady mostly chewable packaged vites. Your other vites won't go to waste as you'll soon be able to swallow them.

You sound like you're doing great for only two weeks out. Hang in there it does get better. BTW the aim is 30g protein by 30 days out, 60g by 60 days and 90g by 90 days.

Lowish BMI? See Lightweights Board! Lightweight Creed For more on DS see www.DSfacts.com
If you don't have peace, it isn't because someone took it from you; you gave it away. You cannot always control what happens to you, but you can control what happens in you John C Maxwell 
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.comSleeve 2010 Dr López Corvala, Mexico. DS 2012 Dr Himpens, Belgium

I  my DS  

Price S.
on 12/27/12 5:41 am - Mills River, NC

You are still early out.  Focus on fluids, then worry about protein.  Nothing tasted good early out, everything was too strong.  Tiny sips, over and over.  I did best with room temp or warm, no cold for me at all.  Use chewable vits and you can actually wait a little while if those are upsetting you. 

Yes, it does get better but you have to get your fluids in or you will end up dehydrated and that is no fun. 

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

laurie91566
on 12/28/12 12:27 am - OH

You are doing GREAT !! I know what you are talking about the family thing... My family don't know either... It was hard to watch everyone eat and say how good dinner was... They kept pushing, "Here just 1 bite, it is SO good" But I didn't take it !  I am now 9 day since surgery and I tryed to eat Fish smashed up last night...A BIG MISTAKE !! I had such a knot in my stomach...won't do that again.. I noticed also if I drink to big of drink or to fast, it hurts... maybe slow down and smaller sips. That helped me.  I also am doing good with s/f pudding and yogurt .. maybe try that.  I had a bite of riccotta cheese that went down good also, and it has protein.You are doing great I am only down 15 lbs...

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 315 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 437 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 500 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 522 views