Why is the scale moving in the wrong direction?

Care_Bear_in_GP
on 2/19/15 11:52 pm - Canada
with

I’m really nervous and worried!  I woke up this morning and weighed myself at 187.5 the scale seems to be moving in the wrong direction.  I’m not eating anything “wrong”, I’m making sure to drink my water and get enough protein, plus I’m exercising 30-45 minutes a day!  Do you have any idea what might be going on?  I’m worried I keep hearing about this “honeymoon stage” after surgery where the weight just seems to fall off people.  I don’t seem to be having that experience.  4 ½ weeks since surgery and I’m worried.

VSG 01/20/15 Dr. Joya Height: 5'5" Start Pre-Op Diet: 210 SW: 197 CW: 177.5    

JB1114
on 2/20/15 1:54 am - Grain Valley, MO

Don't stress about it.  Sounds like you are doing everything right.  Take your measurements.  You may be losing inches.  Maybe your body is taking a little rest.  They say muscle weighs more than fat so maybe you are building muscle.

Keep doing what you are doing and don't be discouraged.  You will start losing again.

~Jo~

RNY: July 8, 2008

Dr. John Price

Kansas City, MO

Care_Bear_in_GP
on 2/20/15 6:25 am - Canada
with

Thank you! I will take my measurements tonight!

Roz !!!!
on 2/20/15 1:56 am, edited 2/21/15 5:48 am - Butler, PA

First off Congrats on your surgery!!   If you have time can you please right your surgery type and date so it shows up at the top of your posts or in your signature section.  At 4 1/2 weeks out it is perfectly normal to have a stall or put on a little.  You probably lost weight right before surgery and your body needs to catch up.  Don't go into panic mode yet. 

If you post on Menu and Miles every day then we can get an idea of what you are eating.  We might notice something and make suggestions. 

(((HUGS)))

Roz

God is walking with me every step of the way. Because of HIM this is possible!!

RNY 10/15/2008 9+ Years!!!
Height: 4' 11" HW: 203 SW: 197 CW: 119
on Maintenance

Care_Bear_in_GP
on 2/20/15 6:27 am - Canada
with

Thank you!  I will post on Menu and Miles :)  Also, I thought it showed my surgery, etc on my signature line...Let me know if it isn't maybe I'm the only one who can see it?

Price S.
on 2/20/15 6:51 am - Mills River, NC

It is on your signature line but there is some way to put it on the top, like where your Dr is.  Don't remember how but thanks for having it available!!!

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

Price S.
on 2/20/15 2:22 am - Mills River, NC

sounds like you are doing great.  Have you heard the term, non-scale victories?  We need to revel in those.  Clothes fitting looser, following our plan, getting in the protein, getting in the fluid, losing inches.  All of those are important and can support us when the scale is doing crazy stuff.  Lots of women gain before their period.  Sometime we have had something salty and our bodies hold on to fluid.  Sometime we don't have a clue but as long as we are doing what we know we need to do, we are doing great. 

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

Care_Bear_in_GP
on 2/20/15 6:29 am - Canada
with

It really is about adjusting how I think.  My clothes are definitely a lot looser (I've already dug out my "skinnier" clothes and have had to stop wearing some pants etc.  I will try to focus on those things!  I just texted my husband and asked him to hide the scale from me for two weeks I hope that will help me focus on more important things.  Thanks for your input! :)

hollykim
on 2/20/15 9:31 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15

you have had gret replies and I will just add that weight typically doesn't "just fall off" of lightweights,cause we don't have that much to lose to start with.

the more one weighs,typically the faster the weight is lost,esp in the beginning.

Care_Bear_in_GP
on 2/22/15 9:48 am - Canada
with

Thanks for "weighing in"

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 290 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 415 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness