5 Day Pouch Test

Susiekay
on 8/20/15 1:12 pm
RNY on 04/24/12

So I'm 3 + years out and lost down to 154 lbs (my goal was 135) which my body seems to like because I've been 154 for most of the 3 years until recently, I gained 8 lbs.  So, I opted to try the 5 day pouch test to get all the carbs out of my system and get back on track.   I have to tell you, it was a complete success.  It was not hard at all and I feel I have regained my "newbie" restriction and gained control of what goes in my mouth.  It is ridiculous!!!  And as a added bonus, I lost 6 lbs.  Anyway, I plan to stick to the NO CARB lifestyle.  I'm back to struggling to get in 1000 calories.  Yeah, basicly I've had between 450 and 600 calories for the past 5 days.  I'm trying to get back up to 1000 per day so my weight loss don't stall.  I feel great and I'm not hungry at all....So I just wanted to share for those of you that are years out and wanting to get back on track.  Hopefully this did it for me... There are lots of youtube videos on it if you want to know what it is.

Kay

Price S.
on 8/21/15 4:42 am - Mills River, NC

I read about it years ago but have never tried it.  Not sure how to do it with a family but I did all the beginning with one so I guess I could.  I would love to drop about 10 lbs and stay pretty low carb except for veggies and some limited dairy and still don't lose (but do still manage to gain).  Thanks for the info.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

Nahealani
on 8/21/15 11:24 am - vancouver, WA

That is awesome.  I am 6 years out and let me tell you I let the carbs get the better of me.  Now I am trying to lose the weight I picked up and its harder to lose now.  I been snacking on Chicken Breast.  Think I can only do 4 oz and that is hard.  Many times I need to relieve myself.  I know TMI.  I started my journey around 260 than had surgery around 240.  I went down to 125 however that was me as bones.  I got back to 140 which is perfect for me.  After 6 years I got back up to a wooping 198.  Today I jumped on the scale to 172.  That is a loss of 26 lbs in 9 weeks!!! I am just eating clean and not eating any processed foods or anything white.  Can't wait to get back into my size 6 & 8s again.

Aloha,

Asia

5'4": Surgery 240/Current 135/Goal 140 = 105 lbs lost!!!  BMI 22.5 I'm Normal  

6 Years Later highest 198 / Current 176 / Goal 140
Hit Goal on 5/14/09 8 months out! 
  Join us on the Lightweights Board!

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 290 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 414 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 475 views
Still kickin'...