I Admit It...I'm A Spy

reiki_4_life
on 11/11/05 5:34 am - Northern Lower, MI
Hello All: My name is Maria and I am scheduled for surgery within the next week and a half. I have been happily married to the love of my life for the last four years. We both respect, admire, love, and trust one another explicitly (sp). My husband, although supportive of this surgery (and pretty much anything else I decide to do), wouldn't change a single hair on my head if it was up to him. But, we both think this surgery is a good idea for health reasons. With that said...I was a little surprised to see such sadness and sometimes despair on this board. I was wondering if there are any couples out there whose relationships have been strenghthened or enhanced because of WLS? My nutritionist, of all people, told me that WLS makes the good marriages better and the bad ones go away. Any thoughts? I'd kinda like to hold onto my man...I love him with all my heart.
April Loves David
on 11/11/05 7:23 am - South Fulton, TN
Hello- So far I don't believe it makes good marriages better and bad marriages worse or none existent. WHY!?!?! You ask. Because my marriage has never been good. Its always some good some bad. Kinda 1/2 1/2. But now its so good! I will be 6 months out on the 13th and we got new wedding rings for a new beginning for our marriage. We have lil very lil disagreements now. When they use to be fights, big fights. My marriage has only gotten better and it only keeps getting better. So if your in love then you will be together. I believe it. Otherwise w/that saying I'd be single. LOL! Good luck! ~April~ Lap Rny May 13, 2005 21 yrs old, 5'1 231 / 156 / 120/110?
bkhunter68
on 1/22/06 9:03 am - VA
My wife is a little over a year out and she likes and feels great. We or I feel you are discribing us as you discribed you husband. We Just got home from the richmond conferance.It was a blast, Minus some snags with my wife but that goes to show you. Good marrages can and do stay good. I only advice I can give you is to not forget the support your husband gave you before and after the surgury, And to let them go this journey with you.
tardisintime
on 1/17/07 11:27 pm - Trenton, NJ
Hi, my wife and I had surgery on the same day, 5.5 months ago. I became overweight as a teen, and my wife was always large. She now looks fantastic, and we are getting separated. She never had and self esteem, and now she has everyone hitting on her. She met someone, and that it that. Just be careful, what I thought was perfect, was fractured and cracked.
Most Active