Fall 2011 Super Secret Clubhouse!

Groups » Fall 2011 Super Secr... » Discussion » Feel Like I just mi...

Feel Like I just might be getting there...

Meridon
on 10/10/11 8:54 am - Canada
Hello

So I am on day 7 of my 2 week liquid Optifast diet... and I think I have finally identified a few things about myself ....

1) head hunger vs real hunger... I read once on the OH forum,  the way you can tell.. is by what you are visioning yourself eating...  ie.. steak (real hunger) vs cookes (head hunger)...guess what... lol.. its true.... 

2) I know what my " bewitching hour is... 9:30 -10pm.. this is after I put my 6 year old daughter to bed... lunches made,  homework done,  laundry in,  house picked up.... DANGER WILL ROBINSON >> DANGER.....  .. and I have been forced to make a better choice for myself.. rather than.. just pick anything out of the pantry..

3) I have learned.. that the more I stay positive.. the less far away the goal is...  

I am not normally a "poster"... oh the forum... but an avid reader...(lol)...  

Just wanted to share...   (p.s)..  thanks for starting the super secret clubhouse....

Now.. do we have a super secret handshake?

Apple-Jax
on 10/10/11 7:31 pm
here is a copy of my blog post about this issue,  that time is bad for me too.  kid in bed, time to "treat" myself.  boredom, need i say more.  for me though, i would picture a steak before a cookie,  leftovers aka second dinner is my problem.

""feeling pretty good, there was definately a rough few days to start, head hunger is the worst, i am glad i am doing it because i feel like i am learning a bit about myself now instead of later when i have other things like protein to worry about.  seeing a commercial or food or smelling things gives me the most intense "tastes" in  my mouth and i have to get distracted or drink something.,  i never paid attention to how many social cues there are that make you eat. in the past i would have picked up something and eaten it, definately something to watch out for.  also had alot of impulses where i started to get up or pick up food that i never noticed before, even on the low carb diet i would have grabbed a "healthy" snack.  it makes me wonder now, how much of it i really "needed".

one thing i have found is that after day 6 constipation became and issue.  2 days and now i am finally taking some benefiber and hoping for the best, i didnt weigh myself today because i feel like a stuffed turkey!

the nausea has gone away, sadly i think that the sugar free syrups were doing it. i am back to regular milk at the moment, straight no chaser.""

Support Group for Fall 2011 WLS! Please come and join!
http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/Fall_2011_WLS/