Fall 2011 Super Secret Clubhouse!

Groups » Fall 2011 Super Secr... » Discussion » Nerves Nerves Nerve...

Nerves Nerves Nerves

Sabrina T.
on 10/11/11 6:23 am - Orillia, Canada
Hi Everyone!

I just wanted to get a quick post in.  My surgery is November 8th.  I start my Optifast diet on Oct 18th.  I'm not nervous about that, I know I can survive that.  It's when I over think the surgery that I get nervous.  I have never had major surgery before (except for my c-section but your not put under for that).  I am nervous about the anesthesia, the catheter, waking up, dying... I am literally nervous about the whole surgery process.  I need to meditate, lol.

FLJeepGirl
on 10/11/11 11:11 am
Girl if you weren't nervous I'd t hink something was wrong with you   Only a few more weeks - it will be here before you know it.  Who knows you may get calmer as the day approaches (I did - was weird) lol

Express your fears to the anthestesologist if you are still nervous right before surgery.  He can give you something to help calm you (believe me this comes in helpful if you freak out - and well I've freaked out before surgery in the past - had a dr trip over my IV cord and rip it out, lots of blood - LONG story, anyway I had them give me some "calming" meds before the good stuff before my surgery)
                      Leslie
       Lap-Band 4.11.08                                     RNY Revision 8.1.11
       HW 276/ SW 259/ LW 219                       HW 283/ CW 218

jennak88
on 10/11/11 10:55 pm - Anchorage, AK
Hi, good morning.

Yes, I am nervous, scared and Happy. I have had many surgeries. I know my number # 1, supporter won't be here to help me after surgery. You might ask the 5 W's. Well that would be my Mother, she passed away in May 25, 2004. I know she will be with me, its just different with her not actually being there. I know its hard to explain, she has been there more many things. I know she is going to have her angels around. I am going to take a relaxation CD with me, so I am calm and have people in my community pray for me during the time.   These are happy tears, I mean the ones that you are excited and laughing about. I know its tough for me now. I know my anxiety is going up....

Apple-Jax
on 10/16/11 6:32 pm
I am sorry that you don't have your mom there for you, It must be tough, I am sure she would be super proud of you!! 

Support Group for Fall 2011 WLS! Please come and join!
http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/Fall_2011_WLS/

Apple-Jax
on 10/16/11 6:33 pm
ok, so i have been FLIPPING OUT!  it hit me yesterday that i only had 2 weeks and I am soooooo  scared, i feel like having a heart attack every time i think about it, as a matter of fact, I cant think about it.

Support Group for Fall 2011 WLS! Please come and join!
http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/Fall_2011_WLS/

ready2liveat50
on 10/17/11 2:27 am
 I am a big scaredy cat!  Used to have to lay down to get blood drawn.  When I got pregnant after trying for seven years my Nurse Practitioner just laughed and said, "now what are you going to do"? 

I said, "Think about it then".  

That is exactly how I feel about this surgery.  I want it and I 'm going to do it.  Scared?  YOU BET! 

Dawn 
jennak88
on 10/16/11 6:54 pm - Anchorage, AK
 Thanks "Jax", she would be proud that I made the best choice to be healthy. I have one week, omg, I am scared and nervous......... UGh, I miss cheese, I am following my 1 week diet, like no cheese and other stuff. I havent had soda in so long, I do miss it but dont. I cant have red meat. I do like Tuna Fish and Soem eggs with a little of mustard.

jennak88
on 10/16/11 8:48 pm - Anchorage, AK
I admit I was bad, i had corn nuts and sweets.. just 2 peices, ok no more,,,,, down to the grind stone.
Mandy R.
on 10/25/11 8:24 am - Callahan, FL
I'm not really nervous about the surgery, but am about the anesthesia.  I've been put to sleep once but it was for an emergency C-Section and I had awareness under anesthesia.  So nervous that this will happen again.  I work as a RN in the OR and have seen to much, sometimes ignorance is bliss :)  My surgery is 11/7 so just a day before yours.  Good luck :)

HW-298  SW-251 Loss/Month post RNY(1)-23.5,(2)-23.3,(3)-9.9,(4)-10.6,(5)-8.9,(6)-7.7,(7)-4.2,(8)-7.5,(9)-1.7,(10)-10.8*first goal reached*,(11)-6,(12)-1.3,(13)-0.3,(14)+2.9-*changed scales that weigh 2lbs heavier*,(15)-0.3(16)-4.7(17),+5.8(18)-1.5,(19)+4.4,(20)-+4,(21)-1.2,(22)+3.5,(23)