Fall 2011 Super Secret Clubhouse!

Groups » Fall 2011 Super Secr... » Discussion » Monday Morning Roll...

Monday Morning Roll Call!

michelle.z
on 12/5/11 9:51 pm - Barberton, OH
I'm 4 weeks out as of yesterday. I have lost 25 lbs since surgery, and over 40 since October, when I started a program at the gym. I just weighed and measured on Saturday at the gym and I've lost 12 inches in my waist, and over 5 in my chest area. Haven't measured anything else, although I know my hips and butt are shrinking because of my clothes. I'm at a stall right now. I've stopped weighing myself every day, and will only do it once or twice a week now. I'd go down two pounds, then up three, then down one, then up one....it was insanity!! I go to the gym 5 times a week. Yesterday I started back on weights, but arms and legs only, nothing that pulls or crunches my belly, still painful in one spot. But I do cardio every time. I've been on soft foods for two weeks now, and am now able to introduce fiber and more veggies. I don't think I'm a "dumper" either, because over the weekend I splurged and had a glass of wine, which was very sweet, and nothing happened except it hit me a little harder than it used to! lol I used to be able to drink 3 glasses and that one did me in. No more of that though. It was just a spur of the moment thing. I've had a couple of instances where I ate too fast or too big of a bite and it caused a lot of discomfort. Especially tuna. I need to mix that with mayonaise because it's too dry. It takes me a long time to eat. I've found that eating is a chore! lol I'm not hungry at all. I haven't been since before my surgery, and I'm glad. It keeps me out of trouble, especially this time of year. I have no cravings for sugary stuff or junk food. I just have a hard enough time getting in the things I'm supposed to eat. I have a difficult time with getting in all of my fluids, which may be the reason for my stall. Not sure. I still do the protein shakes, one per day, and the rest of my protein comes from meat. I've lost my taste for coffee, even iced coffee. We were shopping at the mall Sunday and I went and got myself a sugar free iced peppermint mocha from Starbucks, took two sips, and had to throw it out. It was a big holiday thing for me, but no more. I don't even brew any at home anymore.  I'm back in some jeans I haven't worn since last winter, and I look forward to them getting too big. My shirts are getting baggy. I have tons more energy and the knee and back pain is gone. I haven't had any real problems to speak of. I've been lucky! I'm just amazed at how much I USED to eat, compared to what I eat now. Blows my mind! I hope this stall ends soon and I lose a few more pounds before Christmas.
LilySlim Weight loss tickers
Apple-Jax
on 12/7/11 4:55 pm
fantastic!! isnt it funny how fast things change?  my energy has really increaed too.
i have found out that stalls are normal and to be expected.  i think our body keeps a foot on the brake sometimes!!!

i have been hungry, i wish i was one of those who doesnt get hungry. i was disappointed about that. 

keep truckin!!!
Libby0218
on 12/5/11 10:36 pm - TX
The new puppy is precious!!!
Brandi Girl
on 12/6/11 2:55 am
WLS on 10/18/11
I am about 7 weeks post op. and trying very hard not to think that this just may not work for me! It just does not make sense how I can not be losing when I eat no more than 850 at most calories per day, around 90 grams of protein, and exercise 30 minutes per day on treadmill along with resistance bands and working full time!! How long can these stalls actually last? It HAS to end at some point right? Even my surgeon is confused at what may be causing such this to be such a slow rate of loss.
Meridon
on 12/6/11 7:55 am - Canada
It will end... it  has too.. do you feel like you are losing inches? 

Brandi Girl
on 12/6/11 9:46 am
WLS on 10/18/11
 I have lost weight since the liquid diet I was on before surgery and from the first two weeks after surgery. So my inches are down from that for sure. But I have not taken any measurements at all as of yet. I guess I should start that. I just know my weight has come to a stand still and I dont notice any more of a change in the fit of my clothing either. Just wake up each morning hoping to finally see this stall come to an end!
Apple-Jax
on 12/7/11 4:58 pm
=(  i had 3 weeks of no weight loss right after surgery and it freaked me out, i am definately losing slower than i hoped and the dr hoped. i was as puzzled a you.  my dr said i may have been "too" good of a patient, she actually told me to lower my protein and get more like 50 the first month or so and 75 after that, my body was managing to get everything it needed and needed to be shaken up a little, it seemed to work!
Brandi Girl
on 12/8/11 11:38 pm
WLS on 10/18/11
 I think I do need to "shake" things up also! My Dr. thought maybe to increase my protein would help if my body was trying to hold onto all it had thinking it was starving. And I did increase my work out intensity. So far no changes, but fingers crossed that after a week or so it will finally give in and start losing again!! I go on to phase 4 of my diet next week and I am very nervous to get off the soft food diet since this has not been working real well for me. I also considered going back to the liquid diet to see if that would help, but dont want to do that because I have to begin to eat more than just liquids at some point. Thanks so much to your input and support :-) I am so glad I have found this website :-)
cherylmathis
on 12/6/11 4:44 am - WI
I'm 6 weeks out and around 35 pounds down since surgery. I have almost no energy at all, probably due to a lack of protein. I'm averaging around 30g a day, mostly from skim milk. My pouch seems to hate everything. Some days I can manage a tablespoon of tuna, but eggs are out of the question. And sweet cold things (most protein shakes) make me vomit. This is very frustrating. Ironically, pizza and popcorn sit just fine in my pouch, but they do nothing for me nutrition-wise. I'm making steamed broccoli and tilapia for dinner tonight. Wish me luck! I'd love to start working out again like I was pre-op, but even walking briskly makes me want to pass out. I'm avoiding exertion until I can get my protein count back up.

Apple-Jax
on 12/7/11 5:00 pm
oh no!! what about refried beans? they are my best friend and get protein, also greek yogurt and cottage cheese have alot of protein without being sweet.  also Unjury carries a chicken soup protien powder that is like liptons soup!!