Fall 2011 Super Secret Clubhouse!

Groups » Fall 2011 Super Secr... » Discussion » Monday Morning Roll...

Monday Morning Roll Call!

Apple-Jax
on 12/4/11 7:10 pm
Soooo, I am now 5 weeks Post op.  I have finally lost 24 pounds!  Had a big stall and dealt with low blood sugar issues but now it seems like things are moving again!

Doing 30 minutes on the treadmill 4-5 times a week, How much are you exercising?

Anyone else had stalls yet?

Have gone down 3 sizes in shirts from my high weight and 5 in pants!

Inches are what i have seen come off the most since surgery, even when stalling i was losing inches.  I always thought it was a crock but i guess it is true!

in a month, i lost 6 inches in one thigh, 4.5 in my waist.  5 in my hips, 2 in a calf, 1.5 in my neck, 2 in my arm.  my husband measures it my how far he can get his arms around me...lol  he went from 1 knuckle to fingers up the opposite wrist!

how is everyone?  any complications?  any questions or need of advice??

Cheers!
Apple

Support Group for Fall 2011 WLS! Please come and join!
http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/Fall_2011_WLS/

dori M.
on 12/4/11 9:46 pm - MD
I am 6wks out today. I'm only down 24 pounds. I only weigh myself once a week instead of eveyday, which helps me stay sane lol. I haven't taken my measurements but I know that I've lost inches because i can see that my clothes fit differently. I'm get my hubby to take them for me. I haven't starting exercising yet. Waiting to lose a few more pounds to make it a little easier on my arthritic knees.

So far my only "complication" from surgery is constipation. *fingers crossed* I think I found the trick- daily stool softeners and I eat atleast 2 servings of veggies per day.

I discovered that I don't dump and my pouch lkes everything!!!!!!  It's a good thing that I am not inclined to eat a lot of crap food. I've been working really hard to make sure my food choices are high in protein and fiber. Which leaves no room for other stuff.

Apple-Jax
on 12/7/11 4:41 pm
my pouch isnt picky either so far, i havent pushed sweets etc though!

my dr said many people wind up with constipation and send life on stool softeners..lol

SafetyTurtle
on 12/4/11 10:42 pm - Cincinnati, OH
I am 10 weeks out today, and as of last week weigh in (Tuesday), I am down 51.6 pounds.  I will weigh in today on the way to the YMCA and update.

I had quite a few bumps in the road the first 5 weeks, but after being readmitted to the hospital 3 times, week 6 came and since then it's been so much better. 

The dietician says I do not get in enough calories, and I've been trying but I end up sick at the end of the night if I eat more than I was.  Right now a day for me is 650-800 calories, 70 g of protein minimum.  I only achieve that by drinking 2 shakes a day instead of one.  I eat a lot of cheese, and a lot of soup.  I was having problems with meat, but got some papaya enzymes over the weekend and the two times I've used them they've done their job.

I go to the YMCA and swim for one hour, which ends up to be 96 laps, or 1 1/2 miles, every day but Saturday, and some Sundays, so I'm there at least 5 days a week.  Right now that takes most of my energy, but I have been able to start doing swimming AND housework, or laundry, or taking the dogs to the park, going to the grocery.  For a couple weeks, it was basically 1 thing a day, no more than that.  After the first of the new year, I will probably start some weight training in there.  

My clothes are bigger and looking better, but because of my pannus, or bottom roll, I still can't wear jeans or khakis or anything with a button fly basically, as it pushes up into my shrinking top roll and rips open my incision again.  My skin is too sensitive to keep wearing a bandage, so I'm still wearing my frumpy elastic waist drawstring pants.  Oh well, I didn't do this to wear cuter clothes, I did this to get healthy, and that is definitely happening!

Let's hear more from the fall group!

Apple-Jax
on 12/7/11 4:42 pm
sorry you had complications!! glad things are going better!

great job on the exercise!!
Libby0218
on 12/4/11 11:15 pm - TX
I'm 6 weeks out today. I've lost 33 pounds. I'm STILL on a full liquid diet but I'm hoping tomorrow's doctor's appointment will bring a transition to some real (soft) food. I'm so sick and tired of full liquids. I just about had a melt-down yesterday but worked through it. Being on liquids for this long wears one out emotionally!

I'm doing 20 minutes on the elliptical for five days per week. It's been a good way to work out when it is cold and raining outside.

I wish I was losing more quickly but I'll take what I can get and am satisfied.

I've lost about 34 total inches in my waist, hips, chest, and thighs. My clothes are feeling great (looking baggy!) and it won't be too long until I'm looking for a new size!

Apple-Jax
on 12/7/11 4:44 pm
getting a smaller size is so exciting!!

i cant imagine being on liquids so long, hope you get to move on soon!!
oxfordcat
on 12/5/11 3:53 am - NJ
I am 5 weeks out too.  From day of surgery i am down 26pounds.  Haven't measured.  my jeans fit better.

I feel great.  Still not eating as much as others.  Not rushing into that.  I quite enjoy my protein shakes and so that is easy for me.

I have a double scoop shake around 11 and a single one after dinner.  I may have a 1/2 packet of reg. oatmeal in the morning.  1 slice of deli turkey at lunch time.  Dinner i try to take 1-2 oz of whatever protein i make for the family and a bite of a veggie (if i cook it to death). 

No constipation as i am drinking enough fluids.  My issue is the calcium chews.  Just don't like em. 

"Something has changed within me. Something is not the same". Elphaba    
Apple-Jax
on 12/7/11 4:45 pm
i am doing liquid calcium becauseit is citrate, i couldnt find citrate in chews?
oxfordcat
on 12/8/11 3:19 am - NJ
Bariatric advantage chews. Caramel. Raspberry.
"Something has changed within me. Something is not the same". Elphaba