Fall 2011 Super Secret Clubhouse!

Groups » Fall 2011 Super Secr... » Discussion » Not sure if I'm get...

Not sure if I'm getting a stricture...

cherylmathis
on 12/9/11 12:03 pm - WI
 Hi Everybody!

I'm 7 weeks post-op and down about 40 lbs. I don't see my surgeon again for a couple more weeks (and I haven't seen him since my 3-wk post-op checkup), but I'm curious as to whether or not I should call him on Monday. 

I'm still not able to eat the quantity of food I was expecting. Half a tablespoon of cottage cheese will fill me up so much that I can't even think about another bite for at least an hour. I can drink liquids slowly in nearly any quantity as long as there isn't anything else in my pouch, but solids are practically a no-go at this point. 

Is this normal? I know everyone is different, but I don't want this to continue for another month because I know I'm not getting the protein I need. I read about the relief people feel after the endoscopy/dilation of the stoma... and I want to feel that relief as well! -- but I'm not sure I actually have a problem or if I just have a stubborn pouch. 

Thoughts? Anybody else have this?

Apple-Jax
on 12/11/11 5:59 pm
that doesnt sound right, i would definately call.  they could do a swallow study to see pretty easily.  i feel like i can eat too much!

let  us know!
Apple-Jax
on 12/26/11 8:29 pm
how are you doing? are you feeling any better??

Support Group for Fall 2011 WLS! Please come and join!
http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/Fall_2011_WLS/

cherylmathis
on 12/26/11 9:08 pm - WI
 In a way. I'm able to eat a whopping two tablespoons of food now. :) My surgeon felt that since I'm able to keep some things down, I just have a very sensitve pouch. And basically this was the response: "We don't expect you to come anywhere near 60g of protein a day in the first six months. Keep trying to eat. Keep trying to exercise. But just relax and try not to focus on food."

Good advice in my book, since a food obsession is still a food obsession, and I'm not dying. So now I'm focusing on getting in my water and such, and at meal times, if I can only eat two spoons of chili, I just let that be, and I stopped counting protein grams.