VSG Maintenance Group

Groups » VSG Maintenance Grou... » Discussion » Thursday, January 2...

Thursday, January 28th

momsy55
on 1/28/16 10:55 am - ME

Thanks Linda!  I wish I listened more often, but I have to start somewhere!  :)

HW (recorded) 323  Start of Journey 298.9  SW 263.6  CW 177.8  GW 180 

(deactivated member)
on 1/28/16 9:39 am

I, too, love all the posts, but don't always reply to everyone daily. But I do read and appreciate! That said.....

BioFreeze is excellent stuff. I keep it in my medicine cabinet so it's handy when I need it. 

Though I have no kids of my own, teaching for a quarter century has given me some insight into the whole parenting game. I always counsel parents to choose their battles wisely. Working with hundreds of children over the past 24 years I have learned a thing or two about how they operate. Pushing limits and boundaries, testing the limits, it is all part of how they learn to navigate the world. I've noticed that when parents fight too hard or lose their cool, the child gains more power. Not good. So, Mary, hats off to you! You won without even having to fight a battle and that's what good parenting is! 

The low carb thing is working well. It's still an adjustment and I do find myself a bit hungrier than I have been, but I think it's not because of eating low carb, I think it's because I'm more aware of how my body is feeling and it's possible that I was over indulging my hunger a bit in the afternoons and evenings for the past 6 weeks.  

Anyhow, scale down 2 WHOLE POUNDS today. That makes it 5.5 down since Monday. So, I'm doing the happy dance because I've hit a new low and have lost 27 pounds. Every little step down the scale is a motivator! 

High tech dog breeding is stressful. I much prefer that "old fashioned" way. The hormone tests and the timing and the shipping is just over the top (and expensive, too!). I hope that I get a good litter out of this or I will be very sad and disappointed. Seriously, I'll be depressed. Keep your fingers crossed people. We need all the good puppy mojo we can get! 

momsy55
on 1/28/16 10:11 am - ME

Way to go Devon!

I had to laugh about the high tech breeding - brought me back to when my husband and I were going through infertility treatments!  They were certainly not fun or the traditional way of trying to conceive.  I know this is probably TMI, but funny - in prepping for Intruterine insemination, the dr. felt you got a better sample from traditional ways of collecting a sample, rather than my husband doing his thing in a room at the dr. office.  So I had to take the sample from a special condom and put it in a vile that I had to carry between my upper appendages to keep at body temp, for the hour ride to the dr. office.  I often wondered what would have happened if I'd been in an accident or pulled over!  :)

Spencerella
on 1/28/16 10:20 am - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
VSG on 10/15/12

OMG that's hysterical!

LINDA                 

Ht: 5'2" |  HW 225, BMI 41.2  |  CW 115, BMI 21.0

(deactivated member)
on 1/28/16 1:08 pm

OMG! I laughed out loud! The visual of your package traveling in such a cushy container is hysterical. 

stephanieplum
on 1/28/16 10:06 am
VSG on 06/27/12

Glad you're better.  I carry Bio-Freeze where ever I go!!!

stephanieplum
on 1/28/16 10:14 am
VSG on 06/27/12

Good Afternoon!  I, too, read everyone's post...and like others can't remember by the time I'm ready to post who said what!!!  I'm 50, you know...lol  I do value this forum and it is a life line for me.

My knee is still hurting and is a little worse for wear today.  I have a Dr. appt. tomr and am in hopes of getting a shot.  I hope that's all is is...it's a little depressing, especially since my food is STILL not where it should be.  It is better...I've gotten my journal out, too.  I'm not big on journaling, but I do write down a few things to get it out of my head. 

My scale is up.  I think swelling, past transgressions and I haven't gone to the bathroom in FOUR days!!!!!  Good Lawd!!!!  yes, it's true...I'm full of $%^&!!!! 

Have a great rest of the day!

Lesa

momsy55
on 1/28/16 10:50 am - ME

I love that most of us are of a certain age and understand each other!

Sorry about your knee Lesa!  I hope it's nothing serious and heals quickly!

Spencerella
on 1/28/16 10:18 am, edited 1/28/16 2:27 am - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
VSG on 10/15/12

Kindred spirits indeed!  I too love reading all the interesting things that come up here and although I don't always comment, they do make me think.  It's wonderful to be here to witness how each journey is the same but different, if you know what I mean.  There do seem to be a boatload of universal truths, but we each deal with them in our own unique ways.  

I'm holding at 113, which is good.  I'm always so grateful with the peace I feel around food after the initial settling in period that goes with lower carbs and calories.  Food is not taking up a lot of my thoughts and it's so nice to be in that head space.  

Shel, you're right that this next year or so will be another project, but there is an ease that eventually comes.  As I settle into year four post op and year three in maintenance, I'm so much more aware of how things work for me.  Food got so routine that I did go a whole year without tracking my food and did quite well.  I'm becoming very comfortable in my own (excess) skin too, which means I can see myself as others see me, with very little judgment.  And I know my personal style and have a closet full of clothes that all fit and look great.  All around, the level of angst is a lot lower.  

And personally I love the reality that no one comments on my weight loss anymore!  Mind you, I'm going to get a dose of that when I travel east in February - last time I was there I weighed well over 200 pounds.  It's going to be weird and I'm anticipating some discomfort with it.  

I'm at work today, still don't know if I have a job next week - no schedule has been posted.  I've got my running clothes with me for the clinic, so I'm in good stead.  Had a panic this morning when I couldn't find my runners but crisis was averted!  I'm proud of myself for getting off the couch, especially right now.  

Diane Ocean, take care of the shoulder.  Devon, sounds like you're healing and rocking your diet this week! I'm so glad you're seeing the scale start to move more quickly now.  If anyone can do this, you can.  Everyone else, hang in there because you are making good progress too, even if it doesn't always feel like it.  

Rockin' my favourite jeans, men's style blazer, white men's style shirt and a huge statement necklace today. All good for my spirits. The weather has been absolutely beautiful here, with temps well above freezing and sunny skies every day.  And I don't know about you, but I can see the days getting longer!! 

LINDA                 

Ht: 5'2" |  HW 225, BMI 41.2  |  CW 115, BMI 21.0

momsy55
on 1/28/16 10:52 am - ME

Sending good vibes about the job situation Linda!

I too have noticed the longer days - YAY!!!!