VSG Maintenance Group

Friday, May 27th

carbondated
on 5/27/16 7:52 am

Morning all

weight , not losing but not gaining .

calories from the past days average 967-1034.   However not a whole lot of moving.

today is a new day.

will read the backlog of posts to catch up.

enjoy this Friday!!!

Spencerella
on 5/27/16 9:21 am - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
VSG on 10/15/12

Well gang, we are all gifted with another day here on earth, as Shel's celebration of life reminds us   So glad you're with us, Shel!  Actually, I'm happy we all are here.

I'm at 112 so all is well on that front. DH half heartedly floated the idea of making popcorn again last night but I resisted. It took me a couple of minutes to wrestle with the decision, but as usual, after it was made I didn't look back. 

We're going to pick up our RV tomorrow and tow it home! Finally!  This plan began to unfold in January so it's nice to see it almost ready to come to fruition.  Still some unknowns, but we're successfully working through them.  

Wishing each of you a healthy and happy day!

LINDA                 

Ht: 5'2" |  HW 225, BMI 41.2  |  CW 115, BMI 21.0

momsy55
on 5/27/16 11:07 am - ME

How exciting you're finally getting your RV!  Best of luck!

Linda, I have had to admit, over and over again, that I can't do popcorn.  I try to convince myself it's healthy, with lots of fiber, but not only to I add lots of butter, I can't stop eating it until it's gone.

HW (recorded) 323  Start of Journey 298.9  SW 263.6  CW 177.8  GW 180 

Spencerella
on 5/27/16 11:12 am - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
VSG on 10/15/12

I swear it's the only thing I can eat with absolutely no restriction. I remind myself that popcorn is to 'fibre' what potatoes are to 'vegetables'. Nada

LINDA                 

momsy55
on 5/27/16 12:09 pm - ME

I'll have to keep that in mind the next time I try to delude myself!  :)

JoeyJo
on 5/27/16 9:39 am, edited 5/27/16 3:08 am - NJ

Huge NSV yesterday realized after a road rage incident.  An aggressive benny (rude tourist from North Jersey/New Yorker) was trying to cut me off from the shoulder of the Parkway and was angry that I did not let him in.  He started yelling at me and flipping me off, so I rolled down the window and yelled "Go home!"  He called me "ugly" several times and said I cannot keep a man because I am so ugly.  I was laughing at him, because he was so ridiculous and angry, plus I just had a day of beauty with my hairdresser best friend so I knew I looked good. 

Anyway, I realized that he never dropped an F bomb.  He dropped the other F bomb, but he never called me FAT, just ugly.  I know I am not ugly, but the word "fat" always cut me.  I never believed someone was saying it to be mean, always believing their insults. 

(deactivated member)
on 5/27/16 12:42 pm

59 days of too little sleep has caught up with me. Just wiped. Cranky, raw and have a very short fuse. Don't give a hoot about what I put in my mouth. Gotta get some decent sleep tonight. 

momsy55
on 5/27/16 12:59 pm - ME

I feel for you!  Hope you can get some shut eye.  Can you also nap in-between the times the pups need you, during the day? 

Spencerella
on 5/27/16 3:32 pm, edited 5/27/16 8:35 am - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
VSG on 10/15/12

Oh boy I feel for you. It's brutal to be sleep deprived for so long.  At least for me, feeling tired and cranky leaves me with lots of regrets in terms of my food choices and how I behave with my loved ones. Then I'm even more pissed with myself because I have to apologize lol  

Hoping the end is in sight for you. Are you at the point where the pups (other than the one you're keeping) are heading to their new homes?  Also hoping you can clear some things off your calendar this weekend so you can get some serious napping in?  

Not meaning to butt in by any means, just want to express my support!

LINDA                 

(deactivated member)
on 5/27/16 11:08 pm

Oh, you're not butting in at all! I appreciate everyone's support!!!!

In all honesty, I am partly to blame for the lack of sleep. Being the night owl I have a hard time going to bed early. Couple that with an increasing lack of focus with every sleep shorted night... well, you get the idea - suddenly it's 11:30/11:45 and I haven't even done the evening puppy chores. 

The pups are good sleepers until just before 5:00 am. Then they are up. What's bad is that I am automatically waking up around 5:00 every morning waiting for them to stir. It's like I'm the new mom on high alert. Anyway, I let them out and while they are wreaking havoc (hehehe) I get ready for the day. After about 30-45 minutes I put them back in their pen and crawl back to bed for an 45 minutes to an hour. I don't really sleep, but I rest. 

Today was just a particularly bad day. I woke up feeling unrested, was clearly cranky, and in addition was feeling depressed by the time I was walking out the door. 

I managed about an hour nap this afternoon and had a good workout followed by a 2.5 mile jog on the elliptical. I'm feeling much better tonight. 

But my food today was total **** Again, my choice. So I own it. 

BTW - first pup leaves on June 10. The next two the following weekend. Then one more the weekend after that. The pup going to Luxembourg will stay with us through July.