VSG Maintenance Group

Tuesday, 8-9-16

Kudzu
on 8/9/16 5:38 am
VSG on 07/28/16

A gracious good day to all here. This is my first time posting on this board, but I've been following you guys for a few weeks now. It seems like a very good group here and I wanted to dip my toes in today. I hope all of you are having a blessed day.

My scale is moving down at a nice pace currently. I'm still finding balance between staying hydrated and getting enough protein in. At almost two weeks out of surgery, as you all know, it can be a challenge, but each day is a day of learning, trial and error for me. I can proudly say that I am down nearly 40 lbs from when this journey began for me in December of 2015. 

I've struggled over the weekend with severe lethargy and I wonder if hydration wasn't the culprit. I had an appt. with my pcp yesterday and she gave me a B12 injection. That seems to have done the trick with the addition of large amounts of Gatorade. Last night, I was sweeping behind things that's not been moved in a year. Eww! I also went out to try to catch some of the perseid meteor shower, but saw nothing going on. I think that's going on throughout most of the month. Maybe I'll catch it on another night. Yesterday, I was also able to eat an entire egg in one sitting. Progress!

I feel really good today and am looking forward to little projects I've begun around my house. 

More later. Be blessed, everyone.

Kudz

Hkinzfnp
on 8/9/16 5:46 am

Good morning and welcome!!

Congratulations on your surgery and your weight loss so far.  This is such an exciting time for you.  I remember being more exhausted than I ever thought possible in the beginning...now it is almost a year later and I have more energy than I ever dreamed of.  At this point focus on hydration and listening to your body, the rest will follow along.  Follow your surgeons plan precisely, you are in the best window for weight loss and take advantage of this honeymoon period.

Look forward to getting to know you!

Highest Weight: 268 pounds.  Surgery Weight 248 pounds.  Current Weight 142 pounds.  VSG 8/24/15 with Dr. Havaleshko

Kudzu
on 8/9/16 7:11 am
VSG on 07/28/16

Excellent advice and thank you for your reply. I'm so pleased to meet you. Reading you is such an inspiration to me. I look forward to getting to know you along the way as well. 

Paula1965
on 8/9/16 6:05 am
VSG on 04/01/15

Welcome Kudz and best of luck on your weight loss journey. Looks like you are off to a great start!

5' 4" tall, HW: 242, SW:215.4 Weight Loss - pre-op: - 26.6, M1: -15.4, M2: -16, M3: -11.4, M4: -11.2, M5: -12.2, M6: -7.4, M7: -7.8, M8: -2.0 Goal of 130 lbs. reached at 8 months, 2 days post-op!

Shel25
on 8/9/16 8:05 am

Welcome!!!  I hope your increased energy stays with you --- you are right that hydration can make a huge difference.  And learning each day puts you exactly on track!

Now, more importantly :) how does one say/think "Kudz".  What kind of a vowel sound do we have going there....is it like cute or cut? 

Shel 

HW:361 SW:304 (VSG 12/04/2014)Mo 1:-32  Mo 2:-13.5  Mo 3: -13.5  Mo 4 -9.5  Mo 5: -15  Mo 6: -15  Mo 7: -13.5  Mo 8: -17  Mo 9: -13  Mo 10: -12.5  11/3/2015 Healthy BMI Reached Mo 11: -9  Mo 12: -8    12/27/2015 Goal Weight Reached!

Kudzu
on 8/9/16 8:57 am
VSG on 07/28/16

? kudzu
noun kud·zu \?ku?d-(?)zü, ?k?d-\

Hi, Shel! I'm very pleased to meet you and thank you for your encouraging words as well. Kudzu is like the word 'cut'. I have used this name for a number of years online for games or whatever forums I have been involved with. It's a vine that grows rampant in my part of southern USA. It was also the name of a comic strip that use to be in the newspaper (maybe it still is) when I was growing up. I was pleased to find it had not been taken here; given how many years this forum has been in existence. I look forward to getting to know you! 

Kudzu
on 8/9/16 9:13 am
VSG on 07/28/16

Goodness! That pronunciation came out garbled.   

Spencerella
on 8/9/16 11:31 am - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
VSG on 10/15/12

Welcome!  Wishing you well with this early phase of your journey.  

LINDA                 

Ht: 5'2" |  HW 225, BMI 41.2  |  CW 115, BMI 21.0

LeapSecond
on 8/9/16 11:59 am, edited 8/9/16 4:59 am - AR

Welcome.  This is a fabulous group.  I have been lurking for months but recently joined.  The early stage after WLS is very scale rewarding.  Enjoy this time.  Look forward to reading your posts.

HW=362(6/14) SW=314(9/14) GW=195 CW=270 (1-26-2020)

Hkinzfnp
on 8/9/16 5:43 am

Happy Tuesday Peeps!

151 today, I also had a gain of 0.8.  This was frustrating because I was perfect yesterday, calories around 850 and only 20 grams of carbs.  The reasonable part of me knows that I cannot always get next day rewards with the scale.  The unreasonable part is stomping around like a child thinking I should have eaten the damn brownies that I resisted yesterday!  However, I will not do that and have my food loosely planned out for the day.

I am working again today and hoping to find time to place a Hannaford to Go order.  The local grocery store here you can place and order online and pay and then schedule a pick up time.  They do the shopping and you drive up at your scheduled time, ring the buzzer and never get out of the car- they bring it right to you!!  It's awesome because I am not in the store being tempted by extra choices that I do not need.

I hope everyone is well and happy.  Safe travels to the travelers.  Good luck to everyone with an on-track day!!!

Highest Weight: 268 pounds.  Surgery Weight 248 pounds.  Current Weight 142 pounds.  VSG 8/24/15 with Dr. Havaleshko