Atkins and Low Carb Weight Loss

Groups » Atkins and Low Carb ... » Discussion » Decarbing, going ba...

Decarbing, going back to basics...

H.A.L.A B.
on 10/14/11 3:25 am
I can no longer ignore my regain. Yea, I still look sexy and happy... And size 8-10 is not that big... Have curves in the right places.. but also noticed some rolls.. do not like rolls...
And not be able to fit comfortably (zip it up and breathe  after that) in pants that were in "donation pile: because they were too big last year - is not good.
The gains is probably 10-15 lbs... enough for my clothes to get snag,

so next few weeks - I  decided to go back to basic -basics.  Like before I had the RNY, I decided that from now until Thanksgiving, I am going on a low carb, semi liquid diet.  I did so well on it one time... why not now? 

I plan to do the following diet: 

coffee + proteins
protein drink
flax muffin +  fruit
protein drink
simples dinner: veggies + protein source (meat, fish, etc.)
snacks: nuts, some fruits... (as needed)
tea and coffee, water + vitamins, minerals...  

no alcohol, no soft drinks, no bread, pasta, etc.  

No more than 15 first 2 weeks then 30 net carbs, 130-150 gr proteins, water, coffee and tea.  
1200 cal per day - weekly average. (1000-1400 per day)

I do plan to have one day a week more relaxed schedule... but that's all.

And some exercises... as needed, and time allows.. lots of walking, organizing, 

Life is short... We need to do what we need to do. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

ramos1120
on 10/16/11 11:52 pm - Camdenton, MO
I am right back to my heaviest weight since surgery.  It really makes me mad so I know have 18lbs to lose.  I need to cut back on the carbs and the alcohol.

My plan for today
B- bacon, cheese & steak grillers
L-hard salami and cheese
S-salad
D-chicken salad on lettuce

And get all my water in, hopefully I can make it, but if I really cant get thru the day I brought a small pear.

Wish me luck, Raynetta
tj150
on 10/18/11 3:32 am
Way to go ladies!! You can do it!

Wishing you all the best! Let us know how you are doing. I may not post, well hardly at all really, but I come on this site often to check out things. It is nice to see someone posting.

I have been trying to get myself serious about low carb but lately have not done too well. I have about 7-9lbs to loose to get down to the lowest I have been since starting to eat low carb. I want to get that off and to keep going.

I haven't had the surgery and am trying to do this without it. The surgery just isn't for me.

I am going on vacation shortly so I hope to get some of the weight off before I go as I'm sure I will gain some then. We are going to a fancy hotel. in Whistler B.C. Canada. Hope to do a lot of walking and swimming.  Well anyway wishing everyone all the best!!