Bariatric Buddy

Groups » Bariatric Buddy » Discussion » Help with weight ga...

Help with weight gain

June Kelly
on 4/15/12 4:10 am - Mandan, ND
 Ok haviing huge problem keeping weight on. I am now at 128 pounds was 363 May 17th 2010. Having issues with vitiman b12 defeciency lots of numbness in legs and feet and arms. If I don't start gaining they are talking reversing the procedure.  Am only able to eat about 5 tablespoons of food a day. Yogurt soups cottage cheese some meats if very moist and tender and  ya potatoes and eggs. Can't do pasta or rice or breads. Any suggestions on how to obsorb more protien and fiber and vitimans?  Other problem is I have moved out of state were my doctor was so this is also a issue.

Texasky
on 4/15/12 4:34 pm
hello, just thought id give you my 2 cents on the B-12. I was also having the defeciency problem...i talked to my doctor and they started giving me injection...so you might ask if you can get injections
Mag (Marguerite) P.
on 4/15/12 11:10 pm - Green Valley, AZ
Hi June,
   Nice to meet you. Wi**** was under better cir****tances. Must be scary.l There is a wonderful lady named Donsharleygirl. She is having the same trouble with weight. Tell her I sent you. Friend her and you can find out what she has learned and how she is coping. Best of everything and keep us posted.   Mag   

donsharleygirl
on 4/17/12 8:11 am - Lincoln Park, MI
I went through the same exact thing a year ago.  I just posted for the first time in a long time about my plastic surgery.  I went in at  my goal weight of 145 and got sick and ended up at 113 which is way too skinny for me.

My doctor basically told me to start eating a diet they would give to a cancer patient; high fat and sugar and loads of carbs.  I am back at 145 now but feel like I need to get back to about 125-130.  This was not hard for me; I can tolerate sugar and don't dump.

I get Vitamin B shots from my doctor and he also agreed to double up on them for me-I've never had a problem with Vit.B.

I strongly urge you to do lots of research on a reversal.  I have heard that it is a much harder procedure and they hardly ever do it because of the risks involved.

You didn't say how tall you are, is it possible that you still have weight to lose? 128 doesn't seem like such an outragously low number, unless you're 6ft.

I think the thing that helped me the most and believe me I know how unhealthy it is, was full calorie soda.  I still don't eat that much although I can eat more than I could in the beginning.

It also occurred to me that you might just need to be scoped.  Kathy B. would know the terminology better than I would but it's the procedure where they enlarge the stoma.  Did they bring that up?

If you don't trust your new doctor, call your old one and see what he has to say.

Please feel free to write me anytime.

Colleen

Colleen
Surgery 9-30-09
SW 281.4
CW 118.8
GW 145

(deactivated member)
on 4/19/12 6:47 am - CA
Hope you get answers. Reversing is a bad option!
June Kelly
on 5/23/12 4:53 pm - Mandan, ND
 Well down to 120 pounds but I am doing better on medication now for the ulcer. Did a stress test today for my heart big smiles very healthy heart. I am finally getting used to being this skinny so trying to maintain the weight wouldnt mind gaining ten pounds but I am ok where I am. I am in search of a new doctor this one I have now does not tend to the gastric bypass issues and has been written up by a few other doctors for this. Just dont like the stomach pain. As far as the eating well most is my own fault need to slow down when will I learn lol but I am eating more different foods now so yeah!!!!!! Thank you all for every thing

Patrece S.
Group Leader

Kathy B.
Co- Leader