Pcos Support

Groups » Pcos Support » Discussion » TMI - I'm a mess - ...

TMI - I'm a mess - spotting for 4 weeks

JenCat84
on 2/17/10 11:29 am
So I hadn't had a period for 17 months prior to having wls.  Then, a couple months after surgery, I started spotting.  Four weeks later and I'm still spotting.  

TMI alert - tonight we finally decided we couldn't wait for the spotting to stop & had sex.  Immediately after, I had pain deep in my pelvis and went to the bathroom to find a lot of bright red blood.  What the hell is wrong with me?  

I'm calling my gyn tomorrow to make an appt.  Anyone have any insight?

I started at 324lbs and a size 26.  After losing 100 lbs, I became pregnant with my first daughter, who was born in March 2011.  My second daughter was born in September 2013.  I have maintained a healthy lifestyle and now hover around 160lbs.  I would like to get back to the 140lbs before I became pregnant with my second daughter.  The sleeve literally gave me LIFE - two beautiful, healthy little girls.  My husband had his VSG with Dr. Marema on 10/1/2012 and is on his weight loss journey, currently down 90lbs. 

Amy Pepper
on 2/17/10 10:16 pm - Milaca, MN
I'm really sorry your suffering so much! I can't help you, I had a partial hysterectomy when I was 25 years old.
 Although I have heard that some people regulate right after surgery, I do know that I have had a few friends who need some help from gyno after because they cant stop bleeding!
 Good luck with getting to the bottom of this!

Teresa N.
on 2/18/10 8:43 am - wabasha, MN
Hello!!!
I'v had my period since i'v been out of the hospital and it will be almost 3 weeks today...i'm pretty much done.....but a few spots here and there...i also had sex while spotting but no hurting...i belive is a great idea to call you GYN!! i wish you best...keep us updated
Teresa
Kirstin E.
on 2/19/10 4:28 pm, edited 2/19/10 4:28 pm
I know this post is a couple of days old but first let me say:  17 months = a LOT of blood built up in your lining which means you have a TON to shed!  You should NEVER, EVER go 17 months without a period... what were you thinking friend???  If you can't have a period on your own, it is recommended to take the hormones necessary to bring it on at least every six months if not every three!!  Wow.  But of course we don't like to do that, do we, so I do understand.

Did you get an appointment with your doctor, and if so, when is it?  I'm sure they will do an ultrasound to see what is going on in there.

Keep us posted, we want to know we have a healthy cyster.

Kirstin
dani_arter326
on 2/23/10 1:08 am
Hello! I have a similar problem but I'm not getting any pain.I had my RNY 12/17 and I've been bleed on and off since after xmas, some days are heavier than others, etc. I think I'm going to make an appt with my dr.

HW-335   SW-332   CW-178.5  GW-150