I'm Moving!

Becky P.
on 5/16/06 3:41 am - Elizabethton, TN
RNY on 01/25/05 with
Hello everyone, Well I just wanted to let everyone know that my family and I are moving. The military tells us that we are moving to The Netherlands this summer. We will leave CA the middle of June and go to TN to visit with family before heading overseas. We have to be there by mid July. I will have internet and email up until we leave in July and then after that I don't know, who knows how long it will take before we get internet. I know when we lived in Germany a few years ago it took months to get internet and phone, hopefully it won't take as long as that. So if any of you know anyone from The Netherlands please let me know. I need to find a WLS support group there as soon as I can. Take care, Becky
Tracy B
on 5/16/06 4:47 am - Erie, PA
Wow, that's a BIG move Becky!!!!!! I hope all goes well with the move and that you can find a support group in the new area! Good Luck to YOu! Tracy B 328/154 5'9"
miztex
on 5/16/06 1:30 pm - Pharr, TX
Becky, You will LOVE the Netherlands! The Rijstaffel (sp?) is delicious. It is an indonesian food that is popular all over the Netherlands. Bami Goreng is noodles, and Nasi Goreng is rice, but they come stir fried with veggies and a delicious, but spicy sauce. The traditional serving way is like a big all you can eat chinese dinner with multiple dishes, but don't worry; they all come served in tiny little bowls. Just a taste of each; not like the American stuff yourself style. Try the cauliflower in coconut milk, and especially try the Satay- BBQ beef, chicken or pork on a little stick with a peanut sauce and a cucumber and sugar sauce. BTW, if you like it, the recipes can be modified to be sugar-free. I highly recommend the Zuider Zee for the wind surfing and excellent seafood. I loved pedaling around Amsterdam, and especially haunting the bookstores, coffee shops, and museums. Very friendly and open minded people. Best Wishes, Lou Ann
Dianne S
on 5/16/06 4:27 pm - Sunny, CA
Good luck Becky! I don't know anything about thr Netherlands, other than there are tulips there (stereotype). I've also heard from a friend who just went there for two weeks that it is beautiful there. I hope your adjustment isn't too difficult. Keep coming back to the board for support. I would imagine that support groups in the Netherlands would be in Dutch??? Again..... Good luck Dianne
Vanessa @Nebraska
on 5/18/06 12:44 am - NE
Great !! I have a friend who had the WLS there, she is now in Puerto Rico on vacation but I will send her an email. You will be about 4 hours driving from here . Take care and keep in touch Hugs from Germany Vanessa
Most Active
Recent Topics