How many calories should we intake at this time

stacy L.
on 8/26/06 4:51 pm - atascadero, CA
And whats of foods should we be eating. I try to eat alot of vegatables, meat, chicken, and stay away from hambergers etc, no fried foods. My bad is chocolate and they come in little tiny bars for my size of portion. But when you add them all up, they become a problem. Thanks for your advice everyone. Huggs stacy
Tracy B
on 8/28/06 12:10 am - Erie, PA
Hi Stacy! I hang out at the Grads Board and it seems that everyone eats a different amount of calories per day depending on their personal needs. I eat around 1600-1800cal per day.For many, this would cause them to gain, but it has helped me to maintain for several months now. I work out at least 5x's per week~I do the 5mile WATP dvd, Chicometrics 2x's per week and live a very active lifestyle. I still try to push protein first~cottage cheese, cheese sticks, chicken breast, etc. I don't totally cut out carbs, but I try to eat mostly good carbs although I do love my Wheat Thins, LOL! I've found some can eat carbs and not gain and others eat some carbs and instantly gain weight~again, everyone is so different! I don't do fried foods either~they don't appeal to me at all. Breads and pastas still don't sit well in my pouch so I don't eat those either. I love salad w/deli turkey, cheese, croutons and ranch! If you'd like to join us on the Grad's Board stop in anytime! There's alot of wisdom there and I get so many good ideas! Tracy B 328/150 5'9"
Weston and Gage's
Gr M

on 8/30/06 4:43 am - O'Neill, NE
Stacy, I eat around 1800 calories a day. I walk 4 or 5 times a week and I have pretty much been maintaining for several months. I eat alot of veggies, fruits and meats. I eat an ocassional chocolate also, but I buy the sugar free ones. I still eat a protein bar and have one to two shakes a day, too. So far its working for me. I would like to lose another 7 pounds or so, but my doctor says no more losing. I am 5' 8" and now weigh 162 lbs. I am very comfortable where I am. Rhonda 312/162/155?
white2003toyota
on 8/30/06 12:30 pm - Kaneohe, HI
Hi Stacy! How have you been? I must be one of the few exceptions. I still only consume about 600 calories per day. I still drink one protein shake per day and take 2 multi-vitamins, biotin, B-12, iron and calcium. I just saw my surgeon 2 weeks ago, and he told me that if this works for me, that it's all good. I use the treadmill 3X a week and also go to 24 Hour Fitness. I drink about 140+ oz. of water everyday. I mainly eat veggies and 4 oz. of a protein, normally chicken or fish. I also do only 2 meals per day, and my surgeon said no snacks from the very beginning right after surgery. Hope this helps. I really feel that it is an individual thing. Take care!! Aloha, Pat
DonnaGirl
on 8/31/06 12:55 pm - Wichita Falls, TX
Howdy Stacy, We have the same surgery date. I have never been a calorie counter before or after surgery I know that works for many people but I've never been able to do it. I do compare calories when deciding between two different products. I know that I eat more than in the beginning and I still do my protein drinks and faithfully get in 65grams of protein and then whatever and I do mean whatever I want to go along with it. I am not the norm because before and after surgery I do NOT like chocolate, soda, or sweets. So it's easy for me to stay a way from those. I love however crunchy things like carrots, chips, pretzels, and crackers. Those snack foods that add up quickly. I know ... I'm no help but want to share.
Most Active
Recent Topics