QUESTIONS

(deactivated member)
on 9/17/06 2:48 am - AL
Ok I had my surgery 1/13/05 I am still dumping...I'm eating "normal foods" in all categories. I just ordered some protein...haven't been faithful to the supplements. I take my vitamins everyday. However I am not faithful with the calcium...just can't swallow the horse pills. I just had a tooth pulled because it broke, and two others are cracking, guess I'm learning a hard lesson with the calcium. I just have to find something to take that won't make me vomit... Anyways, I'm still losing, slowly. I'm happy with my weight loss. I would love to have plastic surgery done on my tummy and arms, and thighs. I have loose skin that makes me feel like a Shar-Pei puppy lol Also I'm stil dealing with hair loss. I've chopped my hair off to my chin, its not coming out as often, but still thin in areas.... Has anyone thought of a revision? I know I don't need one, but just wondering if anyone felt that way. I'm not thinking of one anymore since I'm still losing. I know I'm a success, just still having trouble making wise food choices and I dump with EVERY meal (see post on main messageboard) and have the crummy reactions... Well Just want updates from fellow Januarians... Congrats on everyone's success!
Tracy B
on 9/17/06 11:31 am - Erie, PA
I couldn't find your main board post, sorry, but wow, it must be so hard dumping all of the time like that! Is is happening even on protein?? Have you talked with your surgeon about it? Calcium wise I like the Citracal chews~they taste good and go down easily. You say your still losing slowly~how far are you from your goal?? Your pic looks great so you must be close. I wish you continued success and I hope things go better soon! Tracy B 328/150 5'9"
stacy L.
on 9/17/06 3:09 pm - atascadero, CA
I am very much at the same place you are. I have even mistake my shar-pei skin for fat. I felt so heavy the other day when I went clothes shopping, that when I looked in the mirror, I startled myself. I am very serious when I say that because my mind plays tricks on me so that I go to look in the mirror, I expect to see the old me. So I was startled and I also was pleased. Its very strange though. I think that we just need to go back to watching what we put in our mouth. I was very much careful for the first year. I kind of let my guard down. Lots of people say that you cant put the weight back on but I still believe you can. I am still researching that. Anyway, I am sure you look great and I am not sure what a revision is or what you may benefit from it but I wish you the best. Keep taking your supplements. I have a friend who doesnt eat much or take her supplements at all and she looks very bad. You dont want to be too thin or not have a healthy body. Well hugs, take care your friend, Stacy
Becki_From_WI
on 9/18/06 10:02 am - WI
I still dump on bread, potatoes, rice, pasta and meat, I try them once in a GREAT while just to see. The really wierd thing is that I can eat tortilla chips and some crackers without a problem (most of the time). Have not tried sugar I know that would be a no-no! I stick to cheese, cheese and more cheese!! and some vegetables. I do some shakes and some bars but have to be really careful or you guessed it, I dump!!! THe thing I think that has helped me most is that I am taking a food based multivitamin and a chewable calcium supplement that has no sugars but tastes like a dream!! I get them at the local health food co-op, they are pricey but well worth the benefits. The calcium is about $1.00 per dose it is called OstiGen, it comes in Chocolate, Chocolate Mint and Carmel. I think that I am done losing, have been at the same weight since about November 2005. I lost alot very fast and I also have the Shar-Pei syndrome, it is so depressing, I can't stand to see myself naked, it is really gross!! Pilates does help alot though. Anyway, just know that you are not alone, we are right there with you! I just emailed in a new picture the old one has been around quite a while! Becki 1-18-05 297/126 5'8"
Most Active
Recent Topics