Hello Ladies & Gents! Sorry I have been gone so long!

MagickalMom
on 9/17/06 1:29 pm - Joint Base Lewis McChord, WA
I know, I know... it has been a long time since I have updated. But I have a really good reason, or rather several! LOL! Let's see since my last update I graduated from college with honors (cum laude) and then I rolled right into another bachelors program, this time in Criminal Justice & Homeland Security! Yeah, who would have thought it?! Then in July we moved from Fort Campbell, KY to Fort Lewis, WA! So now I am trying to get settled into a whole new lifestyle, get used to my new body, and try to achieve my dreams of becoming a police officer! Two years ago I would have never imagined that I could have a chance at achieving that goal! Of course meeting that goal has not been an easy feat. I am turning 30 in a few short months and after having such a radical transformation done to my body, it just doesn't seem to want to perform to the standards required to get into most police academies. I mean heck... I am fit, I run (which is something I never did even as a young athlete), I swim, I do weights, I road march, I hike, I play paintball, I do karate, I can do more that my hubby some days. However the muscular strength I once had being overweight is now gone and I have to train constantly, east a perfect diet, and work 10 times harder than the next person just to meet the standards they are asking for. And then when you drive around town and you see cops out there who can barely buckle their belt around their waist; it makes one feel extremely frustrated! So I am taking it day by day trying to get myself ready to apply to the police academy. I'd rather become a state trooper, but I'd have to get eye surgery first because the WA state troopers require no worse than 20/100 uncorrected and mine is 20/150. *sigh* Anyways, as far as weight goes... in the last year I have seen the low 140s and hated myself, put weight back on and was happy in the low to mid 150s, then after all the hoopla getting us moved I crept back up to 160s and was NOT HAPPY again. So now that I am in a new training program I am dropping back down into the high 140s and I think I will be alright there as long as a stay toned, fit, and eating a balanced diet. A milestone: Climbing the rock-faces and cliffs of Badlands National Park, getting to the top of the highest plateau, looking around at all the beauty in front of me and then breaking into tears upon the realization that I have climbed several hundreds of feet and I was not even slightly winded! It was a beautiful day, one I will always cherish. So anyways, I am still Live Journaling but it is no longer a "public journal," because of my efforts to get started in my career I have chosen to "friends lock" most of my entries. (I was advised to do so when I started looking into joining the military or trying to get a commissioned law enforcement position.) So if you are still interested in reading about my daily life then just get yourself an account at LiveJournal dot com (its free and you don't have to do any blogging yourself) and then comment on my top entry telling me who you are, where I know you from, and that you want to be added to my friends list. Give me a few days and I will add you when I have a chance! Oh and for those who are curious, if you stop by my OH profile you can see a current picture of me (well it is a tiny avatar but I am having new pictures taken of me next week)... yes that is a real tattoo I am sporting in it! It was my gift to myself when I made goal weight. It is a Phoenix, it spans from my spine to my shoulder blade and it's tail wraps over my shoulder and to my chest (sternum). It took three seperate sessions, 2 artists, and over 12 hours of work, but I LOVE IT! You can see much better pictures of it on my LiveJournal! Later Taters~ Jamie Weight- 257/149/146 BMI- 44.1/25.6/25 Height- 5'4" Total Weight Loss: -108 lbs. Surgery Date- 1/19/05, Dr. Sanborn, BACH, Fort Campbell Now living the skinny life in Puyallup, Washington!
Tracy B
on 9/18/06 5:09 am - Erie, PA
Congratulations Jamie! It sounds like your life has changed so much, all for the better,and you sound SO happy!!!!!!!! That's wonderful!!!!!!! Tracy B 328/150 5'9"
MagickalMom
on 9/18/06 5:43 pm - Joint Base Lewis McChord, WA
I used to be very happy.... lately not so much. Been having a rough go of it on the west coast for the first time, finding work has been really hard, and for some reason my "head is all messed up". So right now I am taking it day by day. *hugs* Jamie
white2003toyota
on 9/19/06 5:22 am - Kaneohe, HI
Hi Jamie! It's nice to hear from you again. I've missed your posts. I can only imagine what is has been like to move. I have lived all my life in Hawaii, and can't imagine moving. Although, I have often thought about moving to the West Coast. My daughter attended college in Tacoma, WA at Pacific Lutheran and has been living there for the past 10 years. She totally loves it and has no intentions of ever moving back to Hawaii. My son also attended Pacific University in Oregon, and when we went up to his graduation in 2003, I seriously thought about moving there. It is simply beautiful there! I can understand how you feel when people hear about WLS and sort of give you that "look". Or else they suddenly just go completely "silent". Just keep thinking that you did it for your own health and happiness. That's the main thing. Although, I know that people can be cruel at times. I wish you all the best in your search for a job. My daughter has had her ups and downs in Washington state when it comes to employment. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Have a wonderful week!!! Take care and God Bless. Hugs and Aloha, Pat
Becki_From_WI
on 9/18/06 10:04 am - WI
Congrats on all of your accomplishments!!! Enjoy your successes!! Becki 1-18-05 297/126 5'8"
Becky P.
on 9/19/06 8:38 pm - Elizabethton, TN
RNY on 01/25/05 with
Jamie, First of all thanks for your reply to my post!!! I know exactly what you are going through with living in a new place. Hopefully it will get better for both of us! I will email you privately later. Take care, Becky
Most Active
Recent Topics