I CANNOT BELIEVE IT'S BEEN 4 YEARS!!!!!

white2003toyota
on 1/20/09 9:23 am - Kaneohe, HI
Hi everyone!

I just can't believe that it's been 4 years since my lap rny on January 10, 2005.

I've been well, as I hope that all of you have been!!

I am finding harder to say no to food and have put on some weight.   I started out at 263 pounds
and at my lowest was 150 pounds.  I am only 5 feet tall.  Oh what I would give to be taller!!

I haven't posted since July of 2008, and have just been lurking to see if anyone from 2005 has
posted recently.  I really do miss the almost daily posts from back then.  I really feel that it helped
to keep me more motivated.  I know that I never want to be where I was before surgery and
all of my health problems. 

Well, I'll say aloha for now and hope that more people from January, 2005 starting posting
again or maybe I'm not in the right forum.  If that's the case, will someone please let me know.

God Bless and take care.

Love and aloha,
Pat
MaryEllenC
on 1/22/09 12:07 am - Reedsville, WV
Hi Pat,

The past 4 years have gone by pretty quickly, haven't they?  Congrats on your surgiversary!

I pretty much lurk around and it's sad that this forum isn't as active as it used to be.  A couple of January '05 people post on the WLS Grads Forum, so you may want to check that one out.

I did see a post on the Grads Forum a few months ago that one our January members, Vickie J., passed away unexpectedly from a bowel obstruction (I'm pretty sure that is what is was).  Evidently she was on vacation and started having symptoms and the hospital didn't catch it in time.  Just a reminder to us all that no matter how far out we are, we need to monitor ourselves and be really diligent about getting expert medical care when we notice a change in our health.

Take care!

Mary Ellen
Mary Ellen

Lap RNY 1-31-05
Highest Preop:  280 pounds
Current:  181 pounds
Most Active
Recent Topics